1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steam Sale

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nick G, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please don't bring logic and reason to this discussion....The sky is falling don't you know :D

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

There is a 25% sale for a short period and its the end of the world as we know it!!!

Some very strange views in this thread.

ADSTA and Jockulation like this.
  3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

to be fair this thread is turning us all, on to each other cant we end the pointless debate please guys..

4. Mulero

Mulero Rookie

It seems a shame the way he Kunos of us thank the people who have supported the game from the start.

This is our reward? Pay 10€ more? Thanks Kunos, you really know how to treat your customers....

Deleted member 12224 likes this.
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

cmon cmon thats harsh, theyve been well good to us so far.. no need for that,, 10$ or 6 odd quid is hardly anything..if it were 20-40£ maybe

Maybe look at it like this.. What if kunos from this further discount manage to fund few more tracks and cars, which we may not of had if they kept at the same price. Then do you think that the extra you paid was worth it, you get your money back like from the extra tracks/cars.

Before writing this it made sense to me, now having posted it seems another pointless post.

sorry guys.

6. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

This thread is about to close... pffffff 7 pages of this.. Really guys ??

MsportDAN and barclay123 like this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i would fred.

8. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

You know everyone is free to voice their opinion... but people are just going to far in flames and trolling..

I just gave a warning.

9. Raymond

Raymond Racer

[quote="Cote Dazur, post: 41038, member: 3177"]Raymond, AC is a great SIM at any price, having a special discount offer does not make it a discardable product in my mind.
    I am also not sure to follow why having a more affordable price will bring more unacceptable driving/racing behavior to AC community, are you implying that people with more money/income are behaving better than people with less mean? My life experience has been teaching me that at best it is not the case and I might be incline to think it could be the reverse. :)
    Now, more people will bring a larger quantity of good and bad behavior, but more people bring also more choices and chances to have a larger group of like-minded individuals, does not matter which group we belong to.[/quote]

I never said that it was not a great sim. What I am acknowledging and as someone else has already, that they had purchased X number of games of which they had only played half of them once. To me this makes it effectively a throw away. I am not an elitist but any stretch of the imagination but when the cost of things get to a certain point the attitude is, it only costs x amount of dollars who cares. I am not implying anything about people with money/income being better than anyone else. I am just stating that for most of us the larger the financial burden it costs us for something the more we value it.

And I agree that the more people will bring a larger quantity of good and bad behaviour, but in making it more financially accessible to more I am just suggesting it invites a larger PERCENTAGE of less like minded people... People who may not otherwise try that would consider it fun to crash cars because it does not drive like an arcade game. One of my friends does this, he thinks it is funny when he is no longer able to compete in a race to turn around and go in the opposite direction to cause as much mayhem as possible. He thinks it is funny.

10. I was actually advertising AC in two forums I frequent yesterday to take advantage of the Steam sale, I know I got one sale for a guy who'll race it as a proper sim in one forum but the other I have no idea. The point of the principle remains, and Kunos advertising it as discounted from $39.99 means the promised benefit of that early access discount is negated.

Mr_Jolly likes this.
  11. vicsalt

vicsalt Gamer

Well I'm going to continue, as obviously u all care very much. I love Assetto Corsa 100% and been waiting a long time for it, Lets remind us - Spring Release 2013. Hmm how wrong can you be.
    Next - I don't want every track and car on the planet, I don't want a Project Cars piece of crap. Just a top class online sim, thus I would prefer effort into getting it finished, not asking us what cars we would like or tracks, get it finished 100% with 12 cars 12 tracks. I will be happy. Then in 6-12 months give us a option for more cars & tracks, I will gladly buy it again every year for fresh new content.

It seems in today's world everyone wants more content, I remember the days when you could by TOCA touring car, and that's it a TOCA season championship we could master the cars & tracks.

efforts into online racing not 100 cars & tracks please !

Raymond and PulpQuango like this.
  12. vicsalt

vicsalt Gamer

My opinion - a comment, I wouldnt class it as whinig

13. Raymond

Raymond Racer

I totally agree with this post. When I first heard about AC I thought it would be an evolution of NetKar (which could be my favourite sim, and it does not contain any sort of AI or Career Mode). I truly thought that Kuno's would build from where they had experience and grow the project from there. Meaning they would start with a handful of cars, tracks and multi-player, and move forward from there. I am personally shock that after spending 2 years on the project we are still at the stage where all we have is a sim where we can only do hot lapping. Especially since they have NetKar Pro as a model to work from.

14. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

Since netKar was a commercial failure, it's good they turned a corner and went a new way.

Nice that you want/hope something, but how relevant is that if it wouldn't sell?

15. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

I'm of the opinion I am glad I bought it for more money than the sale.

Kunos needs all the support they can get, and it's dirt cheap to get this brilliant gem of a simulator even for 34 euro or whatever it was. I would say its extremely cheap for a game of this caliber when people buy broken crap like BF 4, FIFA version two million or call of duty for 60 euro without breaking a sweat...

I'm not a rich guy by any means but still think this is super cheap entertainment, and find it almost rude to the fantastic developer team to ***** about ten dollars when they work their asses off to deliver the best simulator of all time.

bigbawmcgraw and Cote Dazur like this.
  16. Raymond

Raymond Racer

Was NetKar Pro considered a commercial failure? I also heard that there were a lot of early problems. I am unaware of this since I was a very late adopter. I only decided to start sim racing on the PC about 3 months ago and built a new PC specific for this purpose. The first and only Sim Racing title at the time I was interested in was NetKar Pro, and as of now I can probably say it is still my favourite. AC is prettier, but there is something about the driving experience of NetKar Pro that I like more. AC is growing on me... but I prefer NetKar Pro, it could be the tracks as there is nothing in the current AC list that excites me. I also find a lack of speed in AC, I have a triple screen setup and the sensation of speed does not seem to be there.

I remember back in the day of the original Forza where going down the straight on the Ring and all of sudden getting that floating feeling with the wheel used to scare me to the point I would take my foot off the accelerator.

I like AC alot... I am just not in love with it yet.

17. Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly Rookie

= FRAUD

wow what a despicable company i 100% regret giving these criminals my money

i was going to gift a copy to a friend i will not do that now
    so you scammed £7.50 from me but miss out on £30 CONGRATS!

not to mention that your reputation is in taters now

18. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Quality trolling Sir! Well done. :)

19. And that over-reaction should be enough to finally kill this damn thread once and for all.
    Edit: Would have been far more believable if you had said you were about to buy 100 copies for your private league.

PulpQuango, Cote Dazur and The Moose like this.
  20. Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly Rookie

i am outraged at being called a liar by "the moose" and michael hornbuckle and cote dazur for liking it

what i said is 100% the truth
    u may be angry at me for stating the truth but do not attack me and call me a liar
    MY credibility and honesty is not in doubt here.... unlike your precious kunos

i am reminded of this
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25444255
    mothers allowing their children to be ***** as they were such devoted followers of a pop singer

"the moose" and michael hornbuckle u may be happy to be defrauded i am not