1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steam Sale

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nick G, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicsalt

vicsalt Gamer

Great responses, so many people wanting to have ago, just because i was pissed off about a price drop. We are Human and will moan! appologies if my comments pissed the whole world off !
    Have a great Xmas.

2. MenaveB

MenaveB Rookie

Bought AC day 1 and have loved it ever since. If I had too wait all this time to play the game and pay $10 less, hell no! Just stop whining and start enoying the game, tell your friends they can get the game cheap. I just bought another copy and gifted it to a friend so we can enjoy this wonderfull game together.

winet and Cote Dazur like this.
  3. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

got to give the devs some more money for coke and hookers over the holidays :D

4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

When I fly off to the sun for my annual holiday's, I always get sat next to someone who paid half what I paid for the same holiday. Do I care? Nope! Do I complain to the holiday company and ask for a refund? Nope! I enjoy the holiday I worked my *** off all year to be able to afford. If someone bought the same holiday a week before or a week after me for half price then good for them. It makes no difference to me whatsoever.
    I love AC and I would happily have paid twice what I did for it. I'm not a rich man by any means but for me the game is well worth what I paid for it, and that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned. What someone else paid for it is none of my business. If you didn't like the price when you bought it, you shouldn't have bought it at all, no-one forced you to buy it.

5. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

Iv never used steam until ac was first released there, im still learning how it all works :confused: must say there is some good deals there just now

6. Fahim

Fahim Racer

vicsalt, I'm actually with you as you have a right to your opinion. Good on you for expressing your self. There is obviously a lot of bias where ever you go. Don't let it worry you. good christmas.

vicsalt likes this.
  7. 3316V

3316V Alien

In that case, this is all you need to know. RIP your wallet.

[​IMG]

8. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

If you whine in public for silly reasons you shouldn't be surprised to get opposing opinions. If anything this might bring in a slew of new players to the AC world; and isn't that what we all want; that Kunos can survive and continue to grow the community?

Sakai likes this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

bbM thats actually a good point and happened to me numerous times. Sometimes I've been on the better end.

Maybe a conclusion to this thread

10. petesky

petesky Simracer

Ask yourself could you really have waited a few weeks to buy at a discount? I know I couldn't...

11. Fahim

Fahim Racer

I think for Kunos to grow they need further funds. They need more sales. I think they have to put the price down as it is a demo.

12. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

whinge whine and moan, it's all the SIM racing community ever does!

Robilon likes this.
  13. Fruitz23

Fruitz23 Racer

Seriously?

JUST.STOP.WHINIG.

Can't wait for the sh**storm coming your way in this thread.

14. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

OP reminds of when I worked for a PC manufacturer and a director started complaining that the cheap PC he bought from the company was obsolete..... Not surprising it was heavily discounted and he bought it from the obsolete stock list...... He then blew up in style because a week later a newer model appeared on the list...... His boss laughed at him, then whole company ended up laughing at him because he managed to forward his emails to the whole company......

My point is this...... You know how Steam works, you know about Steam sales, and you this is an early access product..... You're not really in a position to complain. You may as well complain because it's raining, snowing or the sun is too hot.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  15. Raymond

Raymond Racer

It is a different scenario... in that it is an empty plane that needs to be filled and regardless of how many people are on it they still need to go to their destination. Hence that is why there are large discounts for software at the end of their life cycle.

OKlep brought up an interesting point that I had not considered, about the quality of the players that will now have access to AC and how this may change the face of the yet to be born community. I come from a console community and people are right, it is because of those that want to be disruptive that have killed multi-player in sim titles. In most cases those that lack the skill to compete to ruin it for everyone else. My personal feeling is that gaming is shifting back to the computer for many people. Consoles are truly what I would consider gaming light.... and the reason for consoles is mainly for the less capable or financially challenged (it is not cheap to put together a high end rig).

Consoles in the past have offered a cheap, easy way to game. But I feel this last iteration of consoles are not meeting the expectations of their clientele. It has been a while since I have been seriously interested in a console and only got a xBox 360 because of a promotion by my internet provider. The PS3 later because wanted to try GT5 a series I had never had the opportunity to experience. But after spending time with the online communities of both it was pretty clear it was not for me. I stuck to private racing with friends but this does not expand my circle nor do I have enough friends that play that would fill more than a couple of spots on a grid.

This is when I decided to build myself another computer strictly for sim racing. I was hoping to find a culture of like minded individuals where I could enter a MP environment and enjoy some clean racing. Obviously I would get my a$$ kicked more often than not, but hoping to learn as I go. There will always be a fraction of the community that wish to wreck things for others, but I was hoping it would be kept to a minimum. But making this a discardable product I fear will bring a much higher percentage of a$$holes to our community.

Deleted member 12224 likes this.
  16. Raymond

Raymond Racer

More is not always better.

Robilon likes this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I was thinking of a reply, but yours is 100% what I think so I am just going to use it, so I have more time to enjoy driving my favorite SIM.
    Some one else mentioned taking advantage of the special offer to gift a copy to someone, I think this is brilliant, I am going to do that to. :)

bellybuttonpoke and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

You are right, it is indeed a different scenario. What I should have highlighted more was "What someone else paid for it is none of my business."
    This can be said of any scenario.

PulpQuango likes this.
  19. Insert you favorite facepalm GIF or JPEG here.

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Raymond, AC is a great SIM at any price, having a special discount offer does not make it a discardable product in my mind.
    I am also not sure to follow why having a more affordable price will bring more unacceptable driving/racing behavior to AC community, are you implying that people with more money/income are behaving better than people with less mean? My life experience has been teaching me that at best it is not the case and I might be incline to think it could be the reverse. :)
    Now, more people will bring a larger quantity of good and bad behavior, but more people bring also more choices and chances to have a larger group of like-minded individuals, does not matter which group we belong to.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.