1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thanks, Kunos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Jul 1, 2019.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Finally updated to 8.1, thought I'd wait until all you guys here sorted it out for me,... :D

Agree with others here regarding the new FFB being better.

Provides more info, especially when encountering circumstances that effect minimal changes to FB, like encountering lazy oversteer through a sweeping corner, especially fun in a GT4 Camaro.

Also seems to be better graphically, with default for new categories, maybe just my positive thinking though.

Good job guys, will definitely pay for new North American tracks, as long as it includes Mosport :p

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    its.me and Nev Roberts like this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

Depends on your expectations I guess I was running it on a 2070 super and I got useable results. I wasn't running it on epic or anything, medium low settings and getting 90fps. 70 percent pixel density or whatever that setting is on a G2. I'd only get the bit of slowdown at the start of an AI race and replays stuttered a bit when I watched cars go by.

I'm on a 3080 now, but it's not night and day better.

3. Rebel_488

Rebel_488 Racer

Last night I opted into steam vr beta and all of a sudden at 60hz I could run 100ss in steam with 60 res/100pd in game, not every track so I lowered to 80 ss with same in game settings...was a lovely experience, after work ill load up to c if it was a dream haha

Turk and Naz like this.
  4. I could play this game for another 20 years without being ever bored.
    Guys this is an absolute masterpiece.
    Yesterday I had my first meeting ever with Oulton Park...what great track!
    Just great. Thank you guys for being so good in what you do.

5. Thank You Kunos!

Even though you get a lock of c**p in the VR section, I personally think it’s awesome (graphics, menu) and you keep improving it all the time (TAA Gen5, DLSS, new FFB, new Tracks,…)

6. Kennifer

Kennifer Rookie

I thought I'd never find a good replacement for GTR2. Then I found AC, and was impressed.

Then I bought ACC and was just blown away.
    A pure racing experience, especially in VR with incredible detail and immersion. For many of us who dream the impossible dream of racing GT cars, this is as close as we'll ever get and for me anyway, it scratches that itch.

Thankyou team and please, please never compromise your laser focus on detail, quality and realism. You are masters at it.
    Arcade racers are a dime a dozen. ACC is as authentic and honest as it gets. I love it.

I'm nearing 700hrs in and had some incredible racing experiences.

It's just superb.

Sent from my Nokia 5.4 using Tapatalk

Mogster, marph, RDGNL and 3 others like this.
  7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Thank you Kunos, from me too. Been on a break from ACC, but as I returned for 1.8.10, I see not only is it still a top level simulation, it's also still some of the best support and actual interaction with team members / devs when things don't behave like expected. A lot of people make computer games, but few stand behind their product and create an environment of learning and knowledge as you guys did here.

th3o and Dewald Nel like this.
  8. lottalava

lottalava Racer

Night races are perfect very well done!

9. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

totally agree, a developer supporting and caring for its product for years to come after release is for me the number one indicator of a proper serious developer i can trust with my time and money for their product(s).
    you dont build this reputation over night, it has to be earned over time and different product life cycles. and kunos certainly earned that with me.

Salvatore Amato, kro, AndyK70 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dezember6th

Dezember6th Gamer

thanks KUNOS for the latest DLC - the BMW M2 is really nice to drive and might be the perfect "getting started" car!

romandevision and th3o like this.
  11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I'm glad the theme lives on.

Once again, thank you, Kunos! Very excited about the exclusive content - Ferrari Challenge and Lamborghini Super Trofeo.

Salvatore Amato and th3o like this.
  12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

i love the 488 challenge, its like riding a loose cannon.

13. to every developer and every partner: thank you!

nrc689 and Dewald Nel like this.
  14. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

This is the best description for it. I didn't drive a lap of practice on the car, jumped on the AOR server and there was a minute left - just loaded the aggressive preset and away we went! Just drifted through Ascari like I was driving a rally car, not fast but it was easily saveable unlike GT3. Such a primeval experience.

Thanks, Kunos!

AndyK70, th3o and aaron0288 like this.
  15. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Yes a massive thank you for the sim full stop and for the awesome new cars, which I definitely said weren’t a big deal in the main thread… I am more than happy to be eating my own words. They’re all so much fun and an absolute steal at £10.

nrc689 and Dewald Nel like this.
  16. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes many thanks... I was ready to pay ten euros only for Ferrari.

th3o and Dewald Nel like this.
  17. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

A few days ago I broke through the 700 hour ceiling !! Now I'm at 726 hours! RF2 follows at 300 ... ACC is the best. My only wish list (for years already) is the up and down cycle camera mapping. It's my only battle with the developers :)

Dewald Nel likes this.
  18. rlaycock

rlaycock Gamer

Hi all
    A very big thanks to Kunos for the challenger DLC
    As a bit of a Porsche fan, I new I would love the Porsche cup car and indeed I do.

However I just did a few races in the BMW against the AI. I feel I have almost all ready had my moneys worth.
    I challenge anyone to do a 20 minute race against AI, slightly slower than your best, starting from the back of the pack on one of the tighter tracks (I used Donington) and not come away with a smile on your face.

We are very lucky to have this quality sim.

Now to give the Ferrari a go. I have a quick go last night (after a wine or 2) but could not seam to stop it. This will totally be driver error so I will be interested to have a sold go at it now.

Best wishes
    Bob

19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Thanks for the Porsche 992 GT3 Cup 2021, instant classic!

20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The M2 CS is fantastic to drive, great fun and really, really let show any out of time driver input but always very controllable.
    Great fun and great car for racing. Very well done.

But the crown jewel of the Challengers DLC, and I’d go as far as to say, of all ACC to date, is the Porsche 992 GT3 Cup.
    What a car it is!!!
    You guys deserve a special praise for this one.
    The model, the sounds (wow, the sounds), the driving, the way the car reacts and respond to the driver is amazing, truly amazing.
    I do enjoy racing in ACC but with the GT3 Cup it’s beyond racing, it’s driving pleasure.
    The cars in the Challengers DLC are great, but the Porsche is bloody fantastic.
    Yeah, obviously I’m pretty overwhelmed by the 992 GT3 Cup, but I really think you guys achieved a superlative state with this one.
    Great, great job and the least I can say is a very sincere thank you for the dedication you all put to it so we can have it in ACC.
    It’s awesome, thank you very much.