1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR support in Assetto Corsa 2016

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lawndart, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Pablo 40

Pablo 40 Rookie

So, I've just cancelled my Oculus Rift order... I've been a little apprehensive over getting either of the HMD's at launch. Will be more comfortable about purchasing once they've been out for six months, and am able to see what support is available.

For the time being, bought a 32" 4k monitor ... Gaming, photo editing, 3D modeling and general desktop stuff.

jim jones and Effedieffe like this.
  2. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Racer

Cv1 or Vive , I just delighted VR is here for future gaming , both will have there positives and negatives but I do feel it will be another two years before gamers will be happy with FOV/ resolution .

I've been racing with DK2 for 18 months FOV was poor but I just got that used to it , it feels natural now , so whatever the Vive or CV1 throws at me will be a huge bonus , can't wait .

Will be very interested to see what the support for AC will be like .

For anybody thinking of getting one or the other REMEMBER this is go to cost you big time , apart from the price of the CV1 or Vive your system will have to be top class to get the very best performance , if you already have a high-end PC you're over halfway there .
    Cheers .

Dean Ogurek and ears1991 like this.
  3. Pablo 40

Pablo 40 Rookie

Aghh... I've now cancelled my cancellation... After such a long wait I can't not get the CV1... Keeping the 4K monitor too.

Being able to play Assetto Corsa in VR is just to big a draw to ignore. Got a fairly hefty system, so hoping I won't have to mess about with quality to much to get a smooth 90fps. If I don't like the Rift, sure it wont be hard to find a buyer on evil-bay.

ears, JoeMoore and ears1991 like this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Wise move. Only I went for 42". :)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm very interested in VR but I don't feel the urge to order right now with so much being up in the air.

12 months time when stuff's settled down a bit ill probably feel more like biting.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

That's a reasonable approach and probably easier for anyone that hasn't experienced VR yet. :)

Mogster likes this.
  7. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Just a reminder that I run a bunch of servers - currently 5 - aimed at Rift users and people who want quickfire racing without worrying about setups.

They all have fixed setups which means everyone inherits the same setup from the server.

Particularly useful for Rift users who otherwise have no control over their setups. It means you inherit stuff like fuel settings, so you don't have to worry about running out of fuel for anything over 8 laps.

Search the server list for 'quickfire' or 'fixed setup'.

If the servers are empty, they still have Stracker running so you can try to get a lap on the leaderboard. Stracker web interface here.

http://acservers.cloudapp.net/mainpage

jim jones, Blamer and Rift Racer like this.
  8. I have pre-ordered the Vive, so I'm hoping for support at some point. I will probably be busy with other games at first, but I want to be able to drive some simulator soon. And since AC is my favourite right now, I would hope that they would try to include it. That is an experience I am really looking forward to. It would be awesome!

9. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Good decision IMO. You would have been regretting it every time a new VR experience or a video is posted...we live once ;)

10. Pablo 40

Pablo 40 Rookie

Part one of the Kunos' Race Deparment interview was posted Friday. Question & answer for VR / Triple Screen...

"RD: VR and Triple Screen usage continues to rise in sim racing and is already incorporated quite successfully in game. With the recent release of Oculus Rift lighting up the marketplace how are plans developing to improve and implement support for these items coming on and do you plan anything exiting our VR using readers might like to know?

MM: In my personal opinion, 21:9 single screens work better than a triple screen solution and now they feature 4k resolution: easier to [configure], and supported by more games. About the Oculus, our priority now is to close and release the console version of Assetto Corsa, and then we'll see how we can support the customer version: since the latest SDK has been almost totally changed, we can't just “update” our code, we need to rewrite it, more or less.

SC: We'll do our best to support new technologies like VR."

11. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Ive been driving in AC using dk2/g27 for about a year...love it, I have no xp in career mode, but online im finishing in the top 3 all the time.

Cant wait for full support with the new rift!

Hurry up please already Kunos!

12. Tmanning47

Tmanning47 Simracer

My vive is coming April 7th.... The wait. The wait hurts me. 980ti prices kill me.

13. I think that the Vive offers certain features that can expand the UI Kunos is currently using. With the tracked controllers we could interact with the apps. It won't be ideal but at least it won’t break the vision Kunos had a few years ago and it would be compatible with older apps.

Also the UI could be modified to support 3d placement, but that requires coding work.
    Placing UI elements inside a sphere or a cylinder around the player could be a compelling feature and would also work with the touch controllers. You don’t even need full 360° support for the UI. 180° would be enough.

On a less serious note, I could imagine a new addition to simracing cockpits if tracked controllers are widely supported by the simracing devs across the board.
    [​IMG]

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

15. Pablo 40

Pablo 40 Rookie

Are Kunos planning on supporting SteamVR?

The big thing for sim racing software using the Oculus Rift [CV1], is there's no support for DX9... How many current titles are built on DirectX 9 game engines? Do we think that developers will rush out to create VR specific versions any time soon!? Or spend time updating there engine to full DX11!?

16. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

I have read Kunos only confirming Rift support and don't know about Vive.

iRacing already switched to DX11 and they already confirmed support for CV1. Reiza confirmed they will not be switching to DX11 with AMS. ISI and S3, who knows but I would not hold my breath for those two. The other thing is, LFS devs apparently hacked their way so they are able to support CV1 even in DX9 so everything is possible :)
    AC, Dirt and PCars are DX11 already so they can support VR right away (if the devs decide to do so of course)

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It'd be silly not to support the Vive - especially if they can do so through Steam VR.

As for no DX9 support with the Rift; that's not totally true, the new SDK's no longer support Extended Mode however, there are some work-arounds in place that do require extra work for developers that want to implement VR with DX9 titles. Scawen has Rift support working for LFS using SDK0.7/0.8. IF titles such as rF2 are to get VR, ISI will have to do the same.

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Stating that Scawen "hacked" VR support for LFS is not accurate; Oculus left the back-door open via plug-in or injection for any developers that wanted to implement VR with DX9 titles but, they also don't want to encourage it for the reason that new titles developed specifically with VR in mind and utilizing newer tech are going to provide the best VR experiences. Oculus is very forward-looking in that regard; they don't see a lot of older titles being properly updated to work well in VR and poor implementation can hurt VR overall.

19. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Hacking doesn't mean they have done something illegal but simply that they have found a back door for something that should not have been possible (DX9 support for SDK 1 in this case) :) You can call it "workaround"

20. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer