1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR support in Assetto Corsa 2016

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lawndart, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

My understanding is that Oculus left that option open by design, so those that are determined enough to do the extra work can still implement VR support for CV1.

2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

we now have a price and estimated date of availability for Sony VR
    It looks good to me, now the question that remains is how will it perform with Assetto Corsa on the PS4?

3. gisen

gisen Gamer

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/714169806413512705

So kunos doesn't want a large influx of new players, or to support peripherals that existing players have. This is a bad decision imo, even considering the console version - psvr players would also love ac in vr.

Using openvr would allow kunos to get all pc headsets working quickly and easily and benefit from all the vr adopters looking for a sim racing title. Not supporting it is a poor business decision

Lawndart likes this.
  4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

the issue is that they dont know how well it will sell. VR looks pretty hard to code for, we dont know how different it is to the oculus rifts code. If they dont get a early copy of the Vive they cant test it.

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

"quickly and easily" - stop stating this FUD as fact.
    stating them not doing it is a bad business decision as a fact.... ugh so cringeworthy, like a kid who didnt get what they demanded for christmas
    you bought a headset that wont work with a game you like... get over it... your mistake, not kunos' bad business decision, dreaming up this scenario doesnt make it true

edit: man this thread is hilarious:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4c6tq7/looks_like_we_can_forget_about_assetto_corsa_vive/

bunch of *****ic armchair experts. i bet they all have tons of experience in the games dev industry /s

if i was stefano id be even more inclined to not support vive out of spite when this is the kind of pathetic attitude the evangalists have

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  6. gisen

gisen Gamer

I appreciate they can't test without a hmd. But they have a hmd. They have rift dks that work with openvr. It takes less than a day to port from oculus to openvr according to htc. They already had rift working in ac and stopped working on it due to frequent updates - fair enough. Now consumer versions are out updates shouldn't break old versions (especially openvr). To get it implemented the main work is creating menus that work in vr, not getting it to work at all.
    Also imo = in my opinion for people that don't know ;)

JO_DA_W.E.I.R.D. likes this.
  7. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

unfortunately its not as simple as that for AC because they only had oculus extended mode working and not direct, if they had direct mode working then yeah perhaps it would have been less than a day to support the newer oculus and then htc sdk, but yeah i dont think that is the case unfortunately (would love to be wrong though and for oculus SDK 1.3 to even work with AC, and leave the door open for getting it working on vive etc, but seems very slim). will all just have to sit patiently and hope for the best, harassing him on twitter isnt going to make him add vive support overnight :) i can appreciate a lot of vive community dont know kunos situation, but their behaviour is really no better than they claim stefanos "rude" (imo blunt and to the point no bs = good) responses.
    chance of getting menus in VR in AC seem even more slim than the actual basic support btw based on previous comments the devs have made, incase you hadnt seen them

and yeah thanks i know what IMO means, but you didnt use it on this comment, " Not supporting it is a poor business decision" which is what i was referring to.

GhettoRice and Dean Ogurek like this.
  8. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  9. Turk

Turk Alien

People read way too much into things. You've created a narrative based on a sentence that means nothing.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

From Stefanos Twitter account

Before I sleep I just want to say that I've changed my mind and: We'll be working on VR and make it our priority. Goodnight

https://twitter.com/kunosstefano/status/714205086101200896

Edit: ...after reading the fb threat, Stefano had a hard day, yesterday. So this might be meant in a sarcastic way.
    Man, you can't be everywhere on the internet. Especially on holiday :rolleyes::eek:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  11. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I had the same thought myself. An increase in hope maybe, but no change in my expectation levels.

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It must be possible that Stefano himself doesnt need to code it? I dont know how difficult coding is and Stefano have done most (or everything himself?) but there must be someone at KS that know hows it coded. The ones porting it from PC to console must at least know it, put them on it when the console version is released? They might be needed for the patches though? I dont know, this would probably been done if possible already?

13. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

While many people are really acting like children about it, I'm gonna have to at least agree it's very disappointing that Kunos aren't treating VR a bit more seriously.

They say they want AC to be the best simulator out there, but you cant really do that when you dont have good VR support. Not anymore. The whole point of racing sims, at least for most of us I imagine, is for us to get as close to actually racing on-track as you can get sitting at home. It's called a 'simulator' for a reason. It's not just a 'game' in the traditional sense. VR is really a huge leap forward in achieving that. Just as much as using a FFB wheel is, if not moreso. There's just no comparing looking at a flat screen in front of you and the level of immersion that VR provides where you can nearly be convinced you are sitting in a car, driving around a track. And just like FFB, VR provides extra cues to help drivers. So it's not just some visual gimmick. Proper depth perception helps during the braking phase and turn-in. FoV will be better for all except those using triple screen setups. And headtracking gives users the ability to be better spatially aware, both for looking ahead during cornering and to help keep things clean when racing side by side with others.

Basically, I can see no justification for not putting in the time for good VR support, yet making the effort to support something like triple screens, which is probably going to quickly become a far smaller minority than VR users, if it's not already.

I do understand Kunos are busy with 1.5, the new DLC and with the console versions and it's important to their bottom line that these are as polished as possible for release. I get all that and I can be patient. But I just dont get the impression Kunos really care about VR in general. I'm expecting completely barebones Rift support when it comes. And I wouldn't hold my breath for Vive or PSVR support at any point, either. It feels like they're only doing the Rift support because it's something they've made a selling of in the past and it would be a bit lousy to completely drop it after people bought the title for it in the first place. So yea, Kunos can take their time with it, but it'd be a huge shame if they fall behind in what will almost certainly become a mainstay and 'must have' bit of kit for sim racing enthusiasts.

14. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

nivadepi, Dean Ogurek and ears1991 like this.
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I can say that my VR experiences in Sim-racing have been the most immersive I've ever had - by far. :)

I too would be very disappointed if AC doesn't get VR support but, the reactions of the Vive supporters displayed on reddit is over the top and ridiculous; rabid is a good description of it IMO. Things quickly devolved into a feeding frenzy and mistakes were made on both sides but, it doesn't excuse the name calling and tone of that discussion. No doubt, it certainly didn't paint VR in a more positive light in Stefano's view.:(

ears1991 likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Without knowing Stefano at all I dont think he getting offended by some thread on redit and see those who name-calling etc and someones that "speak" for the VR crowd. I see if people are dissapointed that it wont be day1 support for it (OR or Vive, well dont quote me on that but it doesnt seems like it) but with a good attitude you come a long way. Just see this thread: It have been a pretty mature attitude considering it is on a forum where people type behind a monitor.
    If people just thought about it when they press quote or typing to anyone (or about someone) in a post, what would they say to that person in real life and just see it from there and show respect and im pretty sure you get the same back.

edit: This wasnt meant to you personally but just in general.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Okay guys, I preordered Oculus Rift only to be able to play AC in VR (as I've seen nice videos with the Rift DK2 and thought the CV would be even better).
    Now I'm a bit confused. Can someone please give me an update what I can expect:

1) There is a high chance that Kunos will not support OR CV and I can't play AC with my new Rift (which should ship in July) at all, so my preorder was a big mistake

2) I can expect that I can play AC with my Rift (as seen in the videos with the DK2) but Kunos will not make a VR-HUD, so that I can not use setups and so on...

1 or 2? Please say 2!!!

18. the answer is... 3 :p

I've actually started to work on a new menu system called "Quick Menu" accessible via dpad present on most wheels and that could offer the possibility to control many actions just using those. The main reason for the creation of that is to allow quick changes to pit strategy before arriving at the pit, but it should be easy to expand it to be the solution for the VR interactions.

Gunja, Lawndart, Ron_Voter and 29 others like this.
  19. Psit

Psit Alien

In b4 1 million like this post.

Gunja, elchshooter, SimDrive and 3 others like this.
  20. Edit: I was to late

Mike1304 likes this.