1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hot Lap Challenge. The devil wears Praga R1.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by John Gordon, Oct 3, 2016.

1. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

I got back from IPExpo last night, spent the day in the office. I know the Mrs is working one day this weekend, so I'll get my lap in. I'll be lucky to get into the 51's. Going to modify my brake pedal today though, its not as progressive as the G27 pedals (T300) and I have no feel on the brakes.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  2. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

I've done a 1:51.6xx with update 1.03 I can get into 1:50.xxx pre update but that feels unfair to be running a older version so I won't post that I'll see if can improve a bit, but that 1:51 was a scruffy lap I can't get a lap I'm happy with the current controller algorithm, so don't know if I'll be taking part till I find a controller setting that work or kunos give us controller users the option to pick which algorithm to use.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  3. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Standings so far.

1) 1:50.738 - Graveltrap
    2) 1:51:134 - Delarosa81
    3) 1:51.293 - HavanaB0B
    4) 1:51:764 - Tomcul
    5) 1:51:774 - Martybook
    6) 1:52.059 - RoccoTTS
    7) 1:58.149 - Keith Quinn

4. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Can't believe @Tomcul got me by 1/100th of a second :) Must try harder.

I have a '50 in me I know it

EMW SMILER, John Gordon and Tomcul like this.
  5. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

I done a little better since.. I feel I can maybe take .2 off this but not much more..
    It's not blisteringly fast but I'm quite happy with my improvement on a track and car I'd never heard of before! IMG_3392.JPG

6. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Ps4 sorry about that

7. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

8. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

rps20161008_152752.jpg
    Down the back again for me, so far.

Graveltrap and Tomcul like this.
  9. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

I can't get anywhere close to what I was running before the update unfortunately. Good times guys!

10. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Me too - best 1:52 something - feels completely different...... and the track temp WILL NOT change whatever I do - it's stuck at 34c Track temp

11. EMW SMILER

[​IMG]
    Best today.... really don't understand the temps thing .. going to ask 505

12. EMW SMILER

[​IMG]

1:51.235
    Latest - with these settings ( if anyone wants to try them)
    Brake Bias 74
    Fuel 5
    Aero 0
    Diff power 10 coast 90
    Tyre Press 20
    Camber -3.5 fr / -2.5 rear
    Toe 10/-10
    Springs 35/40
    ARB 10/5
    any suggestions welcome (be polite) - good luck.....
    TC off
    Soft Slicks.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  13. Guillaume C

Guillaume C Simracer

Kembro likes this.
  14. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

I know it can be embarrassing to post times far from the top. Just have a crack @ the TT and post your time image regardless of if you're the fastest. You will find competition on the same level to challenge you weekly.

15. EMW SMILER

[​IMG]
    I'm coming for you Mr G.....

16. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Rambling post coming up, apologies in advance!

Try a moving the brake balance more rearward, this might help you free up the diff on coast a bit, weight will always transfer but this makes it less pronounced.

I ran 62 bias with the diff at 20 Power 30 Coast, you can always change brake balance on the fly for the big stops, but I have enough trouble with just keeping the car on the track ;)

I can't remember my toe settings, use as little as you can get away with.

I didn't like the car much with very low downforce, I found the rear wanted to overtake the front in the fast corners, not something I am very good a dealing with and it costs time!

I use more Front camber -4 degrees to try and get some extra front grip in the fast corners, as you spend a fair amount of time in them on this track.

I did also soften the springs as it is the only way to reduce ride height, only one click front and rear though, I then stiffened the antiroll bars to compensate 12 Front 6 rear from my sketchy memory, use the rear bar to fine tune car balance.

I also played with the bumpstops as I was running lower and softer, reducing the height seemed to help.

Still much to learn about setup in this game for me, I really miss not knowing much about what is going on with the tyres, I'd also like to know about about ride frequencies and critical damper rates (not that we can change the damper settings with this car).

Other stuff, I run with fuel consumption on, you will get 3 laps out of five litres, and the car is potentially carrying a little less weight, I also run with tyre wear on as I read something about it improving grip with soft slicks after the first lap...

Note, I am using a T300RS wheel.

Hopefully run a few more laps tomorrow, finally switched from a Plasma to an LCD panel, it will be interesting to see if I notice any difference when it comes to input lag :eek:

Tomcul, Dying_Snail and EMW SMILER like this.
  18. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

The track temps is a known issue with Xbox. It was reported by one if the guys I race some challenges with but no update about it since.

I'll try to take part in your next challenge, been too busy this past week to set a time in this one.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  19. 2:02.670
    [​IMG] Just starting out

20. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

Been following you all on this thread and can't wait to participate, pity I'm stuck at work for another week or 2 but rest assured I'll post a time no matter what.

Keep up the good work John Gordon looking forward to the final leaderboard and next weeks challenge

EMW SMILER likes this.