1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hot Lap Challenge. The devil wears Praga R1.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by John Gordon, Oct 3, 2016.

1. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

2. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Took another crack at this again today still working but definitely improved 1476029825785591984165.jpg

3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Small improvement...1:50.665

Took a little while to get adjust to the new TV, changed my FOV to 50 as well, I feel I could do the last sector a little better but can never string together a full lap!

Most of the settings included in the clip as I changed something before the lap, dampers page missing as I didn't need to cycle through it to get to whatever I decided to change!

Another tip, once you start making changes it is always good to return to the default setting once in a while to check you have actually improved things for yourself ;) Don't forget to save what you have though!

4. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Didn't get a chance to try over the weekend the f1 and v8 supercars kept me busy. I don't think I'd get a lot more off it anyway!
    Lookin forward to the next challenge, have to say tho the last combo was very nice I enjoyed it a lot..

5. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Congrats to all who have taken part, some fantastic lap times here. The driver with the lowest time in last weeks challenge gets to pick this weeks.. Look forward to learning what we'll be driving next!
    Results from Round 1..

1) 1:50.665 - @Graveltrap
    2) 1:50:982 - @EMW SMILER
    2) 1:51:134 - @delarosa81
    3) 1:51.293 - @HavanaB0B
    4) 1:51:502 - @Tomcul
    5) 1:51:774 - @MartyBook
    6) 1:52.059 - @RoccoTTS
    7) 1:53:650 - @Keith Quinn
    8) 1:55:901 - @Kembro
    9) 2:02:670 - @ShneebnaMRR108

Congrats to @Graveltrap!!
    [​IMG]

@ShneebnaMRR108, You get to pick this weeks challenge. Let us know what we're driving next!?

Thanks All,

John

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Good turnout for the initial round :) Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to John for getting this up and running :)

EMW SMILER likes this.
  7. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Very enjoyable! @johngordon will be hoping to see you set a time in the next one!
    Well done to graveltrap..

EMW SMILER and Graveltrap like this.
  8. John Gordon

I really wanted to get a time in, Last week I was in London for IPExpo. Should be able to find more time for this weeks challenge.

EMW SMILER and Tomcul like this.
  9. EMW SMILER

John - Do you mean the player in last place chooses next challenge - (just for clarity)
    Congrats GT good time
    Well done everyone and especial thanks to John for getting us all together......

Graveltrap likes this.
  10. Racing393

Racing393 Racer

This is a good idea, I missed the first one but for the record did a 1m 56.273 on a base set up with soft tyres.
    maybe run a forum league with points for top 10 and run it over 6 months
    I will keep my eye out on the next one
    Great thread :)

EMW SMILER likes this.
  11. Racing393

Racing393 Racer

now what would be really good is being able to set this up via the game online, on both consoles, so anyone can have a go and times are posted on to a leader board, and somehow link to 2 leader boards together like rivals in Forza....
    Or I suppose you could screen shot both PS4 and XB1 leader boards and amalgamate the results on here....

hope Kunos read this!

12. How about Merc SLS AMG GT3 at Imola.
    Thanks for the opportunity to pick the round 2, but maybe the last place driver to pick is not such a fair idea, (since I'll probably be last every time, Ha Ha) Maybe a random pick, or cycle thru the members so everyone gets a chance.

13. John Gordon

We'll stick to the last place driver pick's.

However; If the same player has to pick two weeks in a row, instead of choosing car/track, in the second week the last place driver nominates another driver to pick track/car. Make sense?

14. John Gordon

So Guys...

This week's Challenge is SLS AMG GT3 @ Imola!

I'll make an official thread once I've thought of a catchy name, suggestions welcome!

EMW SMILER and Tomcul like this.
  15. EMW SMILER

Are the settings going to be the same? Temps and time, factory etc?

16. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

This has been awesome and has been a great way of extracting every last second out of a track. I don't think I would have pushed myself past my first 1.53 had it not been for this thread.

//fires up the SLS//

17. EMW SMILER

Found this on-line -
    History[edit]
    [​IMG]
    Karl Benz. Benz made the 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen, which is widely regarded as the first automobile.
    [​IMG]
    Gottlieb Daimler, founder of Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft.
    Mercedes-Benz traces its origins to Karl Benz's creation of the first petrol-powered car, the Benz Patent Motorwagen, financed by Bertha Benz[2] and patented in January 1886,[3] and Gottlieb Daimler and engineer Wilhelm Maybach's conversion of a stagecoach by the addition of a petrol engine later that year. The Mercedes automobile was first marketed in 1901 by Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft. (Daimler Motors Corporation). Emil Jellinek, an Austrian automobile entrepreneur who worked with DMG created the trademark in 1902, naming the 1901 Mercedes 35hp after his daughter Mercedes Jellinek. The first Mercedes-Benz brand name vehicles were produced in 1926, following the merger of Karl Benz's and Gottlieb Daimler's companies into the Daimler-Benz company.[3][4] On 28 June, 1926, Mercedes Benz was formed with the merger of Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler's two companies. Throughout the 1930s, Mercedes-Benz produced the 770 model, a car that was popular during Germany's Nazi period. Adolf Hitler was known to have driven these cars during his time in power, with bulletproof windshields.[5] Most of the surviving models have been sold at auctions to private buyers. One of them is currently on display at the War Museum in Ottawa, Ontario. The pontiff's Popemobile has often been sourced from Mercedes-Benz.[6] Mercedes-Benz has introduced many technological and safety innovations that later became common in other vehicles.[7] Mercedes-Benz is one of the best-known and established automotive brands in the world.

It's got to be 'The Jellinek Challenge', surely........ :)

John Gordon and MartyBook like this.
  18. How about "Imola Palooza"
    11:00AM / Light Clouds / Free set up

19. John Gordon

Yes, I think its best to keep it simple. Same consistent settings.

20. NineBolts

NineBolts Rookie

Well done for starting this. I love that Praga.

Thanks to some of the settings from Graveltrap I was able to get down to 1:55.7 but haven't bothered to find out how to get my screenshots and video off the system. Will move onto the big Merc now.

Of interest I notice that one of the timing screenshots that was posted showed an ambient temp of 25c and a track temp of 36c. if played around with weather and times but my track temp is always about the same as the ambient.

Does track temp have an effect on the tyre model?

Would be nice to see the setups for the top few each week and build a bit of a library.