1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #49 - Three Point Oh!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Sorry Graveltrap, on my previous post the top of the screen is cut off. Here's a picture from earlier in the session that shows the appropriate Hotlap information. So please amend my time up to 1:39.108.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fab85, Graveltrap, pctm and 3 others like this.
  2. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

sorry no laps for me again this week... was doing some updates to my set-up (GTX 1060 3Gb OC + Second hand Fanatec ClubSport V2 pedals) and giving PCars 2 a run out.

The ClubSport pedals are lovely and well worth the money. (especially second hand prices)

sissydriver likes this.
  3. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

1.41.265 - PS4,ds4

Managed to take a bit off my usual 1.42 with this combo.in Silverstone,i always drive with temp below 23°,to better simulate the cold wheater :p driving with 26° probably had something to do it my faster laptime.i can see a sub 1.40 coming but only with great hard work and a good setup:rolleyes:
    IMG_20170928_013001.jpg

4. pctm

pctm Hardcore Simmer

1.35.616 - PC

hotlap.jpg

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

1m38.776
    Ps4/Ds4

20170928_204739.jpg

6. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement.
    1m38.415s
    Ps4/Ds4

20170928_211757.jpg

I had a ****e day at work. I feel better now. Viva A.C.

7. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

improvement,good heel and toe and trailbraking....very very happy!!!yesterday it seemed impossible ;))) thanks for this training guys

Attached Files:

8. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Page 3, always a good one ;)

Not a bad day, we managed to move on a page ;) pctm stretches the lead, and 15 drivers have now set a time

Current Standings
    1. 1:35.616 - pctm - PC
    2. 1:35.848 - andy-riches - PC
    3. 1:36.613 - local_man1234 - PS4
    4. 1:36.953 - OriginalR6Kid - X1
    5. 1:37.673 - BrainsBush - PC
    6. 1:38.415 - moodyryder - PS4
    7. 1:39.028 - StyleF1re - PS4
    8. 1:39.108 - Laughing Gravy - PS4
    9. 1:39.418 - uelas_77 - PS4
    10. 1:39.859 - Fbrg90 - PS4
    11. 1:39.929 - Justray2000 - PC
    12. 1:39.996 - Luciano Micale - PS4
    13. 1:40.628 - sissydriver - PC
    14. 1:41.265 - Hugo Catarino - PS4
    15. 1:41.911 - flyingcarrot - X1

9. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Wow, despite only being number 50 next week will mark one year of the WHC, I am kind of tempted to revisit the very first combo, the Praga R1 at Mugello...

However other suggestions are welcome... Barcelona, Nurburgring or Monza would be the track choices here.

11. fox1971

fox1971 Gamer

Hi guys .Sorry haven't been on for ages but i still do weekly's, and loving it. Can you please put up, like in the early days your set ups ,or is there somewhere else is info goes .Keep up the great work guys:) regards fox

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

perfect choice gravel. do it!

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1:39,738 improvement pc

1 39 xxx 49.jpg

enough for the moment. good time for me :)

thx @andy(?) - setup change brake balance from 58% to 60% made my live much easier!:p

Edit: i misunderstood andy completely.... so - better setup by accident for me ..lol....:D

14. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Glad to find a hotlap challenge on here, as PC user I don't check this forum.

Thanks to Mr Riches for the heads-up.

Never tried Silverstone 67 before but I know and like the Porsche.

I gave myself an hour to learn the track, set up the car and try and get a time.

1:38:823 was the best I could do (PC, RSR Pro settings, Thrustmaster T500RS, using H-Shifter natch).

I struggle on these older tracks with long, fast corners. I think I'd have to do a lot of practise to get the corners right, getting even a bit wrong seems to cost lots of time.

I much prefer chicanes, hairpins, camber and elevation changes etc (Trento is probably my favourite track).

For car setup I stiffened everything, set the tyre pressure with Sidekick and lowered the fuel load. Not sure if that was the right approach as I have a lot to learn with car setups.

Anyway, good fun, look forward to the next one.

20170929_201235.jpg

Graveltrap, pctm, Fab85 and 5 others like this.
  15. iannixxenakis

Praga at Mugello sounds good to me. I really like that car (wish it had more steering lock for hillclimbs).

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Glad to point you in the right direction :) I assumed most people already knew about this thread. BTW check the OP, there are some rules that must be followed (you need to provide a screenshot with ambient temp visible.)

I'm no setup wizard myself but AFAIK I had stock stiffness so no idea if stiffer is better. No real clue with camber but I think I had about -3 front and a little less at the rear. I loaded an old setup before tweaking so im not sure what else is stock and what isnt. Gears adjusted for the corners and straights. Diff coast up to 60 from 40 helped me a lot.

iannixxenakis likes this.
  17. iannixxenakis

Ok re temp thanks, it's a Pro lap so it has to be 26deg, does that count? :)

I didn't mess with the diff, I only mess with that if I'm understeering or oversteering too much, or not turning in quickly enough on hairpins etc.

I didn't have any handling issues on this track, but then I probably wasn't pushing the car enough to find out.

If I was more into the track I'd have a go with your settings and see how it goes.

Happy to leave it at a 1:38 for this one, I want more twisty stuff :)

Andy-R likes this.
  18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

hello ianixx,

nice to see you here! :):):):)

iannixxenakis likes this.
  19. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

1:38.486 (Improvement) / PS4

Assetto Corsa_145.jpg

My friend (PSN: driaza) was messing around with the setup quite a bit the other night. I could see then that the car could carry more speed through turns and felt more planted in and out. Eventually had a go with his setup myself today and within 30 minutes I smashed the best time I set that other night, which was a 1:38.8 with basically @andy-riches (and company's suggestions) for the differential and tire pressures. Anyway, from what I recall and without looking in detail he stiffened up the anti-roll bar at the rear (max or near-max setting), moved the differential sliders to either both 60 or both 80 for power and coast, and made subtle adjustments to the ride height (decrease at rear), rear wheel toe (increase in angle), and dampening (notch lower both front and rear). It's all wizardry to me, but I'll assume he has a decent idea of what's going on from his background of Gran Turismo and F1 setups.

I could go faster, but this whole challenge and setup stuff is killing me right now. Maybe tomorrow! And here's my friend's best time if that's okay with you @Graveltrap . Actually unsure if this was with all his personal tweaks implemented...

driaza / 1:40.282 / PS4

Assetto Corsa_144.jpg

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

many years ago i had no idea how a car works. then i started to use vegetable oil instead of diesel and must learn details bout motors and physics that i never needed. some of the guys that did the same thing (we named us "Pöler" - pflanzen öler - vegetable oiler) buyed an vw golf I 70PS Diesel and modified this car to start at rallies.
    so my interest in motorsports grows to a new level. the guys talk about camber, differential, oil pump and so on.
    i understood nearly nothing.
    when i started simracing february this year i saw all this technical, mysterious things again. camber, differential, ride heigth, geometrie....
    and i love this. when aris has 100% knowledge i feel i am at 5% atm. but its a lot of fun to gain more knowledge and i wanna work my way up to get better and better. but i think this is the long and winding road. and everyone has to go his own way cause everyone drives his own style, has his own favours.
    @style - thanks a lot for your information. i will try some of this setup changes this weekend.
    from now on i will focus more on setup and will share my thoughts here at whc. when we all talk more bout it it will make as all (or more precise - all the guys/girls(?) that like to improve the setups) better and hopefully faster.