1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #6 - Art and Science

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Nov 6, 2016.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Guillaume C likes this.
  2. SF73

SF73 Gamer

I'm down to 1.50.xx. I will post a time if I get a chance (only get to drive 1-2 hours per week). Off topic: I use the G920 with an omega racing stand and a dining chair. Problem is to be able to brake hard enough I nearly fall off the back of the chair! does anybody know a stand alone chair that I can use with my setup that is stable. (I don't mind the hard brake pedal now that I am used to it, just need a seat that I can "push against").

svenvangent likes this.
  3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I use the omega stand, all be it with a Thrustmaster setup, I have the opposite problem I push the wheel stand away from me when I brake hard. My comfy sofa is the race seat of choice and that is backed up against a wall. I may see if I can find some better feet for the wheel stand!

I think the only solution is a proper rig, which I don't really have the space for, unless I sacrifice the second sofa for a storage area :)

SF73 likes this.
  4. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

one of my mates is using this. This is Playseat Challenge.
    [​IMG]

He said it's well comfortable, solid build, much better than the wheel stands. Also, you can fold it without having to remove the steering wheel and it does not take much space.

Food for thought. :)

LeDude83 and SF73 like this.
  5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Ok been abusing traction control, setting 3/4 lets me do stupid things and get away with it...Mostly!

1:42.236

Still not enough to make Bob run again but at least I am getting closer...

6. SF73

SF73 Gamer

My stand is placed against the TV cabinet which is solid oak, will not move. I will try using the sofa.

7. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

You almost certainly would've had me had it not been for a few of those slides *fires up the xbox* Nice lap! :cool:

rubber1994 likes this.
  8. mwg

mwg Racer

1:47:982
    Pc with 360 pad
    Tc and Abs off
    Unbenannt.jpg

9. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

I use one of these and it's awesome, best part is it folds up and goes in the closet when not in use, so wifey bit mad.

paul_wev, LeDude83 and ElPueblo like this.
  10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The rules specify factory setting for abs, so strictly speaking you have broken them :eek: However I think the spirit of the rule is to try and stop people using ABS on cars that are not equipped with such a system, and you are in fact putting yourself at a disadvantage.

The rule really can't be enforced anyway, unless I ask for video clips so it's a case of if you don't tell me I don't know! :(

paul_wev, rubber1994 and mwg like this.
  11. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

PS4 /G29
    1:56.688

20161109_162459.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

12. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Chasing very small amounts of time now. 4, 5, and 6 is so sketchy in this thing, absolutely amazing feeling getting it right.
    Time - 1:41.492 - Xbox One - Logitech G920 (Screenshot at the end of the video)

Setup
    Traction Control: 4/4
    Fuel: 5
    PSI: 24F/25R
    Camber: -3.2F/-2.3R
    Toe: 10F/14R

13. mwg

mwg Racer

Pc / 360 pad
    1:47:011 This time without breaking the rules. ;)
    47.011.jpg

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I have one, too. I bought it second hand - no problem because it's so sturdy. It might sound a bit silly but sim racing gets a lot more "real" with that seat...it allows you to look through the rim at the dials on-screen...pretty neat. The ease of use is no marketing gag btw - it really is easy to fold with wheel and pedals attached.

Anyways, expect my mediocre time on the current combo by tomorrow ;-)

paul_wev, Hammerpgh and ElPueblo like this.
  15. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Yup outta the closet and set up ready to drove in mere minutes. and it does make sim racing so much better

paul_wev, ElPueblo and LeDude83 like this.
  16. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

No need to try to improve any more.. you stay away from it for a while ;)

Larryf1951 and paul_wev like this.
  17. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Looks great.. but i'll have to make do with my office chair until I have the funds for something like this. At the moment the Shifter and T3PA pedals for my TX are on the top of my list for next racing purchase.

paul_wev likes this.
  18. Romski89

Romski89 Racer

1:44:176 PS4

TC3

slowly begin to feel the flow of this rocket :)

Attached Files:

19. Romski89

Romski89 Racer

yes, finally i can say i understand this car right now :d

1:43:333 PS4

Attached Files:

20. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

There seems to be something wrong with this car on my Xbox.

It's like a missfire, and the car doesn't accelerate.

For example in a race off the start 0-60 is taking over 7 seconds, by this time the other cars are near the end corner!

I can get the mx5 cup round a lap quicker than this car!

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

P.s best lap I have managed is 2:06!