1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #6 - Art and Science

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Nov 6, 2016.

1. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

I got some work to do! 2 mins while most are in the 1.40s, serious work required. Will come down once track Iearnt I hope

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Again I am loving this combo. The car just feels so alive when your on the throttle, you really have to be so careful with the accelerator and its very rewarding when you get it just right and fly out of the corners.

Improved to a 1.44.405
    Xbox TX TC3

20161108_211535.jpg

3. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

Marcel79 is twice on the list (18th and 15th place) :)

Graveltrap likes this.
  4. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Loving this choice of car and track. Never driven the Huayra and Zandvort is a real classic bringing back fond memories of the classic Grand Prix Legends.

First attempt tonight at this one and the challenge series in general with just 6 to 8 laps to get the track down in my mind and a best of only 1:54.278. I'll be happy to get below 1:50, no idea how some of you guys go so fast around here :eek:

[​IMG]

Xbox
    Wheel, Thrustmaster TX

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  5. Romski89

Romski89 Racer

quick update 1:44:567 PS4 , probably thats all for today

Attached Files:

6. Hammerpgh

I found the problem of the downshifts not always registering as mentioned earlier in this thread very frustrating and makes getting a consistent rythm very difficult. Is there anything can be done to resolve this?

7. rubber1994

rubber1994 Racer

Try to shift a bit slower.
    I think your rev is a bit to high for a downshift so the protection kicks in.

Ace Pumpkin and Hammerpgh like this.
  8. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Modern super- and hypercars have a downshift protection, they don't allow to shift down if the engine rpm is too high to prevent engine damage.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  9. Hammerpgh

Many thanks mate, i'll keep that in mind.

Larryf1951 and rubber1994 like this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, just don't relay so much on engine braking. Trust the brakes more and shift down later. It will not lengthen your braking distance.

11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

I new it that there was a 42 in the store
    PS4 : 1:42.962
    Zandvoort Pagani Huayra.jpg

12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The reason for the "it's broken, I can't downshift" issue is downshift protection like already said and you have to adjust your driving (shifting) to that, but there are two main things that make it feel worse than in most cars. Very long gear ratios and relatively low redline (compared to other super/hyper cars).

Did quick test to show you some numbers.

In the Huayra 3rd gear ends at almost 220km/h.
    In the 488GTB you are in 5th (!) gear with the same speed and it ends at 230 km/h
    P1 4th gear tops at 211km/h so you have to shift into 5th right before you are shifting into 4th in the Pagani.
    918 is in 4th gear and goes to 240-ish.

So in all those cars you are a gear or even two higher than in the Huayra. Gear ratios are much closer allowing you to downshift earlier, add higher redline and it makes the difference even bigger.

Dookie, Julian2711, ElPueblo and 5 others like this.
  13. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Well, look at me.

1:56.249

IMG_20161108_182540.jpg

14. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Chipping away! Possible I might find another second on this all going well!
    Have been keeping myself nicely stoned in salute to the track location!! IMG_0015.JPG 1:43.490

15. Larryf1951

Surprised at my progress. I'm shaving some real time off of my, um...time :D

Got 1:54.478

IMG_20161108_184928.jpg

Not gonna pat myself on the back, but this combo scared me enough that I almost didn't participate.

By the way, I've been posting shout outs about the weekly hotlap.

16. Larryf1951

And, just in case y'all are hanging on the edge of your seat for my updates (yea, right) I'll be holding off until I get below 1:50.xxx

No point posting improvements until I can move up on the board.

And I forget who suggested it, but dumping the racing line has changed everything. So, to whomever, thank you.

17. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Well off the pace 1:47.632 - Xbox - wheel

Attached Files:

18. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Another try, playing on pc, no video this time, just a little improvement (thought it was more): 1:44.211

1.44.211.jpg

19. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

20. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

20161108_193724.jpg 1:52.807 think that's all I can do tonight. ;)