1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 171 – Short term or Long term?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Mar 21, 2020.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I was breaking a sweat or two! I was not keen on giving it another go. o_O

2. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Glad I can alleviate some stress :D

Neilski, 365gt, DriverModFTW and 2 others like this.
  3. Improvement
    Short Term
    William Nortje
    PC

Assetto Corsa 2020_03_29 17_26_50.png

Wanted to crack 1:08 - was half a second in front of the ghost a few times only to spin in the last corner - enjoyed the challenge :)

4. upload_2020-3-29_18-1-49.png
    Here's the Chequered Flag.

Results imminent!

Stan Getz, Mustang 500 and 365gt like this.
  5. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Well done everyone.Those on the podium for the Short Term challenge,well done guys those are cracking times,I applaud you;).
    Nice to see new comers;)
    And last but not least,many thanks to TW for the intro-outro which is imminent and everything in between;)

6. WHC 171 Short Term And Long Term Results

Overall Podium:

Top Step
    …...............eXistenZ - 11.03.401

2nd Step
    …..............Mustang 500 – 11.09.184

3rd Step
    …............Pretend racer - 11.11.295 PC

@GoodGame.eXistenZ wins!!
    Respect and Congratulations!
    A time of 10:00:429 at an average speed of 94.7 mph (152.4 kmh) around the Nordschleife blew everyone away. It would have been brilliant to see a sub 10…
    Then, provoked in the Short Term, he had to defend his top spot. Twice. A final and substantial improvement (at this level) of 2/10ths flushed out a white flag and means he wins everything! Very well done!

Second Place @Mustang 500 is six seconds adrift, BUT, for a brief while he was ahead of GoodGame, the first time that's been seen. Normally no one gets close! Brilliant effort and congrats to him, he's one of the two Drivers of the Week for that! Let's also acknowledge that a Long Term time of 10.06 is exceptional. Great week Mustang!

Third Place and very close behind is @Pretend racer. The gap to Mustang is nearly the same at both circuits. If he hadn’t been prepping next week’s combi, he’d have had time to tighten up! Congratulations on third place and thanks for doing the instructional vids, thanks all round dude!

Final Classification:

Overall combined times
    1. eXistenZ - 11.03.401
    2. Mustang 500 – 11.09.184
    3. Pretend racer - 11.11.295 PC
    4. DriverModFTW – 11.15.630 PC
    5. Leif - 11.18.476 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 11.25.550 PS4
    7. Laughing Gravy – 11.37.828 PS4
    8. Neilski - 11.38.451 PC
    9. Caly82 - 11.39.700 PC

Short Term Challenge

1. eXistenZ - 1:02:762 PC
    2. Mustang 500 - 1.02.961 XB1
    3. DriverModFTW - 1.03.681 PC
    4. Caly82 - 1.03.729 PC
    5. Pretend racer - 1.03.731 PC
    6. Neilski - 1.03.913 PC
    7. Totall Wrytoff - 1.04.393 PS4
    8. 365gt - 1.04.818 PS4
    9. Leif -1.04.986 – PC
    10. Laughing Gravy - 1.05.402 PS4
    11. ChaosChris - 1.05.928 Xb1
    12. William Nortje - 1.08.424 PC

Long Term Challenge

1. existenz - 10:00:429 PC
    2. Mustang 500 - 10.06.223 XB1
    3. Pretend racer - 10.07.564 PC
    4. DriverModFTW - 10.11.949 PC
    5. Leif - 10.13.490 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 10.20.757 PS4
    7. Laughing Gravy - 10.32.426 PS4
    8. Neilski - 10.34.538 PC
    9. Moodyryder - 10.35.160 Ps4
    10 Caly82 - 10.35.971 xb1
    11. Stan getz - 10:40:398 PS4

--------------------------
    Drivers of the week

@Mustang 500 – 1st man to beat a GoodGame time in WHC history and make him sweat, twice!

@Stan Getz – shaving twenty seconds off a lap time
    -----------------------

It seems a long time ago that @LeiF posted his double entry, but he’s held 5th Place overall, due to his expertise around the Nordschliefe. A 10 mins 13 secs, posted yesterday is a cracker

@DriverModFTW secures a podium this week, as he does most weeks, in the Short Term. Fourth Place overall and a 10 mins 11 secs for the Long Term is great driving, especially when a car pisses you off! What we want to know is, has his letter to RSR been received and what is wrong with their maths? Congratulations to him and even better news, DriverMod is joining Pretend racer, moodyryder and myself on the WHC posting rota. His debut is WHC175, stand by for a challenge!

@Stan Getz spent his week at the Nordschleife, no entry for the Short Term, but it was time well spent. A twenty second improvement is epic! A Driver of the Week!

A solid set of times was submitted by @Laughing Gravy who is definitely in it for the Short and Long Term. Once again @Chaos_Chris spotted his chance and suitably Short Term, beat LG by a convincing 0.001 of a second. Chaos is not competing Long Term. (I’ve not made it round successfully since Thursday, just trying too hard.) My top tip: drive the Nords as if you are in your own car. That gets the brakes on earlier! Of course @Laughing Gravy was toying and whips half a second out of the bag, which earns him that funny little red faced emoticon. I’ve never used that one, but it probably fits.

I think @Neilski works in, or at least is very highly knowledgeable about IT. After being rightly slapped down over Sabine’s incomparable lap time comparison, he bounced back with his assertion that there should be “a button” to contact RSR. Would that be a red button? Marvellous. Sure enough, there is a button! No one is perfect though. Obviously the Nordschleife is a chink in his otherwise impregnable armour!
    @moodyryder is only Long Term this week and has selected the easyrider mood setting. That’s the spirit, let’s take this chance to be less hectic!
    Contrastingly @365gt is only Short Term this week. But he’s worked on it, shaving half a sec off his original time. A generous shout out for all those supplying his food too! He knows which side of his bread is buttered!!

Finally, not one, but two new entrants to welcome!
    We have @William Nortje making his debut WHC, great to see. The start of a new journey....
    I remember my first post, I had no idea….. but it’s been excellent fun!

And @caly82, that's an impressive start. Shades of Verstappen and Leclerc here...? Big welcome to you both!

The big question is answered -
    Short Term beats Long Term....
    Let's more than hope that's prophetic.... and meantime, let's enjoy a rare week of Sundays.

Thanks very much to you all for contributing and playing. In the WHC world at least, it's been a great week!:D
    Onto Pretend racer's WHC172!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Stan Getz, 365gt, Mustang 500 and 4 others like this.
  7. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Another awesome write-up TW! If you don't work in creative writing then you've missed your calling :D

365gt, Mustang 500 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  8. Damn!

The only creative writing I do is on my tax return.;)

EDIT:
    No doubt, the business forecast now needs some highly imaginative creative work too....

365gt and Mustang 500 like this.
  9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Don't we all. But hey having forced vacation here for two weeks....with....nowhere to go. So I guess the positive thing is more sim racing I guess? o_O:rolleyes:

11. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

@Totall Wrytoff I did write to RSR to of no avail. No response and most likely nothing will be done about it! Oh well, I did try though. I suppose no one cares anymore.

12. caly82

caly82 Simracer

Thanks Wrytoff...I am very pleased to hear this about me.
    But, I Think..Finally, I'm really happy to have the opportunity to race with a very fast SimDrivers like you!! So, I have to say thank you for this.

Unfortunately, I have not had much time in order to improve mi best lap around the "ring" (I only did 4 laps).

See you at WHC #172..

Bye bye

Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  13. caly82

caly82 Simracer

Hi Wrytoff,

I don't know how important it is but I'm an XB1 player...not PC :)

thanks.
    Bye

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  14. Great to hear @caly82 :)

Platform is vital!!:D
    Apologies, my mistake, thanks for pointing out.
    :)

caly82 likes this.