1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic why are the servers always empty???

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

On one again Bibbles. Ace gave you a perfectly reasonable way to push for more community driven servers. If you are not interested in doing so then that is your loss as the same thing happened on PC and people jumped on it.

P.S. Bibbles, you seem to want to draw some sort of line of distiction between PC users and console users. We are all here to get the best out of a racing game right? If so then take what we, the PC users, have found out by communicating with Kunos as they are not your usual dev team. They actually want to make the best driving game possible as they are more petrol headed than you can imagine, and that sort of detailed work takes time and learning new skills when necessary. Stop trying to divide a racing community and appreciate the help/support us PC users are willing to give you.

2. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Ignored.

Horus likes this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Amen Horus.
    Whatever an atheist can take of that...
    :)

Horus likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Excellent news, I will sleep well tonight. Please Bibbles, grow up and see that the world is not designed around your exceptional personality and delightful character. Being negative about everything makes people turn off and not take you seriously. You may have valid points but not being able to communicate them in a polite and logical format means that you come across as a whingebag. It would upset me also if I did not have the chance to join my friends on track and race without the loons joining. But as you can guess I have no friends as I am so loathsome, so no loss to me. Kunos will help you as much as they can if you show a little respect and decorum when trying to get Kunos to do something FOR YOU!

Start a thread, ask about what people want. Keep the thread active and you will be more than happy to see the results. I agree it would be great for you guys to have private servers but you DO NOT! so why not take this time/opportunity to ASK for a favour/chance to design your own server setup from the Kunos's side of things.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    RoccoTTS and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Always elaborated and concise to where put the blade for the final strike.
    Loving it...

6. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

That's what I'd call a sensible thought. This game, as it is, already feels incredible to me. I had only played Forza 4 and Project Cars before, and was amazed with what AC could achieve. I've never played it on PC, so I can't compare both versions; but as Horus said, if that version is superior at the moment, it was because it took its time to mature, with constructive feedback and patience on the part of its users. Now, it's a shame too see a game with such a potential to die on its crib because of all the negative campaign, that seems to be more interested in destroying it rather than lending any contribution. To me, it makes no sense complaining about having spent a few dollars in an allegedly unfinished game when it could have so much to offer in a few months, when some additional features are implemented and so on (if the game prospers, in spite of all the destructive campaign). But each one their own. As to myself, I've grown so much fond of this game, even as it is, that in case it really dies (crossing my fingers), I'd now have to set up a PC to carry on playing it.

EMW SMILER, Horus, RoccoTTS and 2 others like this.
  7. the-D-

the-D- Racer

We are in the console lounge here, right?
    Very weird that the console guys are being bullied by the pc guys, I guess they really do think they are the master race, with rights to belittle the very real situation the console guys find themselves in.

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Have that next drink, you are obviously clinked too, on me! And read the at least two last pages of this thread...;)

Horus likes this.
  9. the-D-

the-D- Racer

I've read it all, I think it will all come to a succinct end pretty shortly anyway.
    Mass refunds are needed, welcomed, and although I love the driving/FFB/physics model,...I've pretty much been sold a £65 lemon, cant even race my DLC online,...totally absurd!

Redxbcoupe and Akheteru like this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And does someone even try to get a community together here? No?
    Maybe not even tomorrow...
    You guys are just pathetic.

Horus likes this.
  11. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Yep, there we go, mass insults from the self proclaimed elite,..how surprising lol

BeetesJuice, Redxbcoupe and MBK72 like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You don't want to understand nothing at all, ok, I'm out of this

Horus likes this.
  13. the-D-

the-D- Racer

If us guys (as in the console guys in the console lounge) are so pathetic, then why not go take a long walk off a short pier, as in, go away!

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Bland head....
    Did you read the last two pages I appointed you to?
    No?
    Reading...,crumble, what..., ffs.......

:)

In short term, just for you;)
    Get a community starting. Get organized.
    Get your wishes for AC in the utterly open...
    And enjoy the community you just established...o_O

Horus likes this.
  15. the-D-

the-D- Racer

You appointed me? get over yourself,...though you'll need a hefty ladder to get over that ego,...is there light at the end of the basement?,..dont know?,..never been out? LOL!!

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You know you are distroing everything you wish for?
    No, obviously not.

Why did Kunos ever concidered this dumb? Sims are not for console people, as proven...

17. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

This is because console users don't like to put up with this kind of mediocre release. Why should we be happy and keep our complaints to ourselves? You PC boys have sat on your hands and let Kunos get away with murder and are thankful for the scraps they throw you from the table. We are the customers and if the product is not up to standard then Kunos need to know . As it stands this game is like some cheep Chinese knock off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redxbcoupe and the-D- like this.
  18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah, that initiative was called modding...end of your point...

19. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Well, not meaning to annoy you and respecting your point of view, I've been a console guy for quite some time, although I confess I've never played any other game besides Forza 4/6 and Project Cars. I like both Forza 4 and PCars, but I just couldn't get from these games the kind of pleasure I've been having with AC, in spite of its not being a finished product, as some put it. On the other hand, Forza 6 was considered to be, by most people, a 'finished' game in terms of looks, lobbies and all. But for some reason, I've never enjoyed this game, as IMO it had a very bad driveability (with a wheel) and rather too much fanfare to my taste. Now, if I was to keep only one of these games, I'd stick to the 'unfinished' AC, for its adult approach and incredible feeling. It has problems, no doubt, but whenever I find something I think could be improved, I open a ticket with 505 and they submit the suggestion to the devs, promising they will take a look as soon as they can. I do this very discretely, because I like the game and want it to thrive. But setting up rebellions about things that can't be solved overnight, definitely doesn't help much. Of course only those who want to see this game around in a great state in a few months would be careful about these things. Those who care neither about the game nor about the other players who might want to see it well in the future, will ask for a refund and destroy it right away. It is such a pity, since maybe it wouldn't take all that long for us, console users, to have a great and polished experience with this game in its 'finished' state.

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

That one highlighted word is where I started balling with laughter at the ironic state it is/has been in on pc for years now. End of the day it's definitely not user-friendly nor is it even trustworthy once enough is known about it. Wish we could see the code on console to have a good gander at that Mclaren rear suspension geometry too, not that anything would have been rectified since I don't think it was even done on pc. the single lap sim is what this game is to me now and i'm endeavoring to get my money back now as the way I see it major flaws were not fixed in the first update which is reasonable enough time to remedy the problems.

MBK72 and Fettsback like this.