1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic why are the servers always empty???

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

To be honest with you I love AC, Kunos are good guys and I look forward to updates and DLC till they decide to go to AC². The FFB and shear fun factor of AC keeps me coming back for more. AC has things missing I would love to see, but it still is way better than anything else available in it's price range. Swings and round-a-bouts, I like AC, you don't so much. :)

edit: I Keep forgetting to look at the console title: Never the less, I know it is painful for you guys that think that Kunos are not looking into improving the overall console users wishes, they are I'm sure. Give them time, we have on the PC side of things, it works out for some.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  2. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Please don't worry I'm far from offended, I really really wanted this game to be good as it should have been the perfect game I've been waiting on but alas it's not. People have paid for a finished game not this sloppy hotch potch of a mess. If as what you say it wouldn't take all that long for us to have a great polished experience then the development team should have stood by their principles and said no we can't release the game yet. If now they no longer come on the forums because they can't handle the negative feed back then they are welcome to pout and huff and the PC brigade can pat them on the back and tell them everything is all right but they should at least have some pride in their work and sort this sorry mess as they have burned a lot of fingers with AC on the console and people will be reluctant to give them a second chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TitzonToast likes this.
  3. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

If this game not improve the MP soon, addimg prived servers and full setup for it...i go sold it also go sold my T300RS and my simul racing stand...because i buy it to enjoy "clean" races in custom lobbys..and not exist...i buy new wheel for it with racing stand...and guess what...im boring in 20 min...no players in MP..few of it ruining the races...half of the cars cant be used online...no FFB settings...no botton mapping..no hud costumization..so basicly i only like the feel when you drive..but im tired to make hot laps and race against this joke AI... My patience goes to end...i love it because have a good potential to be one of the best games on ps4 in this style but feels like a ALPHA version lack of content ...PLEASE KUNOS do something fast is posible , all my friends sold it...i dont whant to be the next...but i dont have a choise i not buy it to acomulate dust...and not spend 500 euros for wheel and cockpit...i start feel bad about my desicion..i expect much more ...and is sad...

Horus and Fettsback like this.
  4. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Seems one of my posts got removed, yet pumpkin can insult till his heart's content with impunity, go figure,... the sycophantic apologists can do and say as they please :rolleyes:

5. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

The main complaint (well one of the main) that dlc content cannot be played online has nothing to do with getting a community together.

Also, the game is advertised to have fully customizable online multiplayer...

There are communities setting up races but that does not fix the above two issues.

Not to mention we can't even remap the keys... My DRS button is on the wheel base.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

So, what's the point of ignoring everybody who has a different opinion than yours ? We all are different and have different opinions, isn't this normal ?

Horus likes this.
  7. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

I felt the need to create an account just to reply to this.

So I can't find ways to make the game work for me? Do I HAVE to use AC's official forum to organise some online racing?
    Anyway, thank you for worrying about my enjoyment of the game, you'll be pleased to know that we (a group of just under 10 people) have found a way to meet up on AC, to have an audio chat, an easy way to organise events and find each other in game, and even to enjoy some good racing. Would you believe it...

Oh, unless you're complaining that no one HERE decided to pull their finger and do something similar? Surely not.

By the way, feel free to come around and have a look, but watch out, you might find out that it works.

the-D-, mister dog, Mauler_77 and 3 others like this.
  8. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

So, um, care to share your secret with the rest of us?

9. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

It's very simple, really. The idea is that the PSN does a lot of the heavy lifting.

We created a community on the PS4 side, then we create events linked to that community.
    When the event starts, we join the party for the audio chat.
    Then I pick a lobby in game and invite the others from there (square button). If someone is late, a quick search does the trick.
    They join from the invitation and we shamefully but relentlessly kick out anyone else trying to join. Harsh but necessary. (Votes are also useful to speed up the process between races)

The exception is the 1st race, where we don't kick anyone out and give other drivers a chance to show off their social skills and gentlemanly conduct.

10. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

I have a problem with the kicking of people (clean racers) that through no fault of their own have found a server with people racing in the wasteland that is AC online. Hardly a positive way to foster a community and keep people interested in the game.

the-D- and WarriusZero like this.
  11. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

That's why I used the words 'shamefully' and 'harsh'. I don't like doing it either, believe me. But we've tried NOT kicking out people and it usually turns into a mess fairly quickly.
    I spend a fair amount of time online the rest of the week to pick up some names. There are a handful of people that we know we don't need to kick out.

Edit: the 1st week I tried to send messages with an explanation to anyone joining the lobby. It was time consuming but I felt worth the effort. Until I realised I was mostly ignored...

the-D-, Spitfire77 and Fettsback like this.
  12. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Sorry Warrius, I am not having a go at you or your group after all you have gone above and beyond to explain to the people who are kicked. The fault is with Kunos for the way the online has been set up.

the-D- and WarriusZero like this.
  13. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

I'm not offended by your comment, I also don't feel comfortable with the kicking. Maybe I need to find a better way to let people know what we're trying to achieve so genuine drivers have a better chance.

I just refuse to wait for private lobbies to be implemented to have fun! :)

Whitestar, Horus, TitzonToast and 4 others like this.
  14. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

That's great - positive actions that help; meanwhile, the developers could have their time to implement the missing features. I believe this game is very likely to become incredible in time, and surely it is in the interest of the company to satisfy their users. I could bet they must've been trying hard to execute many of the demands around; But time is needed and our proactivity counts a lot if we want this product to be successful (which is in our interest, since we've invested our money in it and, imo, the game is great - in spite of its 'patchable' shortcomings). Slandering the developer at this point, would be the equivalent to buying stocks of any given company in the market and start spreading bad rumors about it, so it went belly up; that would make no sense, since our investment would be lost. But, instead, taking a positive stance towards the company would contribute for its valuation increase and we all would have our part in its profit. I think this analogy works in this case. Great action, Warrius!

Horus, the-D- and WarriusZero like this.
  15. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I am suprised to still see this kind of threads. Impact issues have been fixed somewhat. Minor collisions don't produce a massive effect. I can race perfectly well and, yeah, I can find public servers that are full - sometimes too full.

My only problem is with the wreckers. Not even those that accidentally bump you, because they don't have the skill. Those that are too frustrated after the first corner, which they f** up themselves, and start wrecking. We really need a system that would take care of that. I know there is MR whatever, that doesn't allow me, one of the cleanest of racers to enter AB events. It can be improved - the C is too wide.

16. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

Actually I did try and got zero replys on the post

17. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Will you ever get out of the console section and stop winding people up?
    You haven't got a clue what you are talking about and you're just deliberately trying to cause trouble.
    The MP experience for AC on console is fundamentally broken. Can't you get that into your head? Have you seen one person ever say that the current system is good? Just one person? No. There's a reason for that.

As for your generalisation that sims aren't for console people. That's just pathetic, it really is.
    If I ever cross swords with you on the pc, I swear I'll cry laughing when I lap you.

As for telling people that you're putting them on your ignore list? Why would they care in the slightest? I'm genuinely curious as to why you think they would.

18. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I hope for the sake of console players that online will be one of the first things to be addressed. It really is bare bones at the moment.

19. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

The most important thing we need is more track/car combinations. We can work around the rest.

Tomcul likes this.
  20. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Yeah but it takes quite some dedication to set up said workarounds (as you demonstrated yourself on GTP). Majority of console players simply won't bother with all of that, so for the overall benefit of the online mode, it's necessary that options are added and restrictions are removed, so you guys get an experience that's closer to what we have on PC.

kofotsjanne and WarriusZero like this.