1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic why are the servers always empty???

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Oct 11, 2016.

1. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

This coming from someone so mature they put their date of birth as 1911, good one 12 yr old. Boy i've thrashed cars you'll only dream of touching or driving. One day you'll learn about reality, but I won't be around to accept your apology.

Redxbcoupe and RunKillCapture like this.
  2. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Sure you have.:rolleyes:

This guy doesn't seem to learn.

Pleite likes this.
  3. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Oh well, all this debate seems so futile, just leading nowhere. Not a productive and mature exchange at all, with some exceptions. Many of the inputs from PC guys have been very well meaning, I think, with the sole purpose of strengthening a project that would benefit all, no matter what sort of hardware is used (as ShredatorFIN very well puts it, in a post above). But those bent on criticizing will not buy that idea, since complaining seems to be a hobby to them: just find the problems in something, forget all the positive aspects or possibilities and... thrash it! But destroying something that others like, for the sake of 'having fun' is disrespectful. No one is forced to like anything whatsoever, but in case they don't, there's always plenty of alternatives elsewhere. But nothing that's said would change it, so I guess anyone who is well meaning and wants to change such destructive behavior on the part of impatient complainers, will just be wasting their time. I agree that lobbies and the like are indeed important, but it would be just a matter of time until they are implemented (those who only like to play online, could contribute by playing some other title until this feature is implemented in AC - if the game is destroyed by such a bad campaign, as it is, there'll never be such lobbies in AC after all). I'm not against anyone stating clearly when something dissatisfies them, quite the opposite; but once the request is made and, as in this case, the developer answers clearly they' ll be looking into the issue, that should be the end of it! Only some follow up, from time to time, would be enough; keeping on saying the same things, all the time, is hysterical!

As to myself, I created an account in this forum to try and do my part in mitigating the bad campaign that has been around, by counterweighing slanderings with positive remarks and suggestions for improvement (for which I'm willing to wait, since the game, as it is, already pleases me immensely - the best I've played to date, hence my efforts). But all I see is the whole thing becoming a war, where older PC users try to save the game while it is unforgivingly slaughtered by some console users (the problem is, many of the console users who are satisfied aren't nearly as noisy or insistent as the dissatisfied ones, which makes the negative view prevail). But I confess I've regretted getting into this 'debate' myself and I usually lose my patience when it becomes obvious any efforts are fruitless. Maybe I'd better keep on being a good antisocial and refrain from being involved in a talk that has lost all its chances of becoming constructive. I'm only glad to know (being selfish) that the title will still be around on PCs in case it sees its premature death on consoles - all I'll have to do is set up a computer and I'll still be able to play it. Only time will tell.

Horus, Tomcul and the-D- like this.
  4. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Perhaps you need to see the online lobby stats for the whole world then if you think there's more happy than unhappy people. By this time(almost two months in) every other racing sim worth mentioning had hundreds if not thousands of people in them.

5. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Maybe the bad campaign is having its effect... but I won't say anyhing else on this matter

Horus likes this.
  6. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

This game needs help...I love the game don't get me wrong. I was promoting it for months before release now I look like an idiot to anyone I was taking to that uses a controller and the guys that use a wheel agree best feeling game out yes. But that feel of the wheel isn't enough to keep people interested. And when you pay nearly a hundred bucks for a hand and the dlcs you expect to be able to use said dlc online but since the drop of Japanese pack and the failure to add it to the servers the devs have said nothing at all hell my team found out about the dlc from gt planet. Some of these pc guys understand the frustration on console because they were probably just as mad when this game released on pc but I think some of those that are bickering about console guys forget that we are playing vanilla version of this game on top of our issues. The port is terrible simply put. I have played several games ported to pc from console and they had every option the console had that is a huge issue here. I understand wait and it will come that's cool but the devs need some kind of time line to be put out or people will do what they already have and just give up. I hate it because this game could be amazing

ppbucko and the-D- like this.
  7. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

Hey you pc guys when you got dlc did you have to deal with not being able to use it online? I'm just curious not trying to argue.

the-D- likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im almost 100% sure that I was driving Audi GT3 @ Barcelona on release on a official server.

Read somewhere in the thread that there isnt any DLC on official servers on PC neither which isnt true.

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Patching seems to take an age on console. Via Steam we've had hotfixes dropping daily after major patch releases, that helps to calm people down lol.

@L2D_Gopher. The driving experience and special events have kept m coming back on PC, that and RSR leaderboard. I think a lot of people are the same. I agree there isn't a lot here there than the driving, but what there is is bloody good. Kunos are working on the console and PC AC, they have way too much invested to leave the console versions as is. The PC version has had ropey moments but seems to be on the up now and the dev's seem to have sorted the AI issues particularly.

Hang in there is all I can say.

10. schmron

schmron Racer

I also played some games ported from console to pc and most of them had huge issues ;)

Just give KS some time to fix the issues... they can't handle like "big-players" like EA, Ubisoft or similar

Horus likes this.
  11. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Pc player says ''just be patient'' console player says ''Are you Feking Serious!?!Its been out four Feking years and this is what we get!?!'' pc player says ''we had the same problems". if i had a pound everytime i heard this i would be a rich muda feker

the-D- likes this.
  12. the-D-

the-D- Racer

That cracked a smile mate :D

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  13. schmron

schmron Racer

Are you ok?

To publish a console update isn't so easy and fast as like for steam.

Horus and the-D- like this.
  14. the-D-

the-D- Racer

lol :D

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its mostly the silence people seems to complain about.

16. Horus

Horus Alien

I empathise with all you console guys, but I am out of here. It seems some are out to create more problems than resolve them. Before I go, please remember that Kunos is a small team, they love cars and want us to have the best racing experience possible. Yes there are issues, PC and console wise, but the main reason of staying with AC is because it is superior to the majority of driving games available. Be respectful with your threads/posts and Kunos will help sort the niggly bugs/issues out. There is no difference between PC and console users, we both want the best from our racing time on our hardware of choice.

Stevesixty7, the-D- and Pleite like this.
  17. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

yes i am aware of that, i was just quoting what most pc and console players say the most (from what ive seen anyway) and sorry about my weird use of words, its simply so i dont get baned again

18. schmron

schmron Racer

If you don't wan't to get banned, don't use these words ;)

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  19. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

ok, ''its simply camouflage for my words'', is that better?;)

20. BoereJack

BoereJack Gamer

dlc online?