1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic why are the servers always empty???

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Djuvinile

Djuvinile Rookie

For the online console racers, i guess it will be too little too late..
    Not trying to be negative , but its just the way i see it, i love this game as a simulator it seriously feels great , but for online racing i go straight back to Project Cars.
    Simply because there are almost no online racers at all.. yesterday at 20.00pm gmt-1 on PS4 there were 7 people online in 2 different lobbies... Please dont tell people to be patient, cause i think we all know its just not going to happen on consoles.. (private lobby's/online leaderboards). Kunos say there still investigating the possibilities... well i can sort it out for them, they dont have to... because by the time they are ready no one will even care anymore.. (well.. maybe those 7 people that were online yesterday). the game isnt even for sale on discs anymore after 1.5 month.. so why should they..

Maxx69, Johnnyjoejones and Bibbles like this.
  2. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

At this moment I count 91 players on assetto corsa PS4 in Ireland.. for fun I loaded up pcars and counted 96 players online...

LeDude83 and Spitfire77 like this.
  3. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Dang - I wish I could see numbers like that on the server list.

This morning (yeah I play before work so I get it, not popular time) there was 1 guy drifting online when I first checked.. so I did some practice, Checked online again 1 guy drifting 1 guy on Nords Elite Tourist track day .. played some more offline.. checked again no one online. So I joined a room and one guy joined me just to hit me and cause me problems, then left before the race started. .. found one guy later willing to race GT2 cars at Spa..

Then my other playing time is late nights Fri-Sat... like after 11pm PST. There might be 1 or 2 rooms with 2-3 people in them not drifting..

I would add people to my friends list but there is not many people online during my hours to add.

Really need to adjust work and life so I can play during peak hours 5pm-10pm .. but that aint going to happen :(

4. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Thats above average in fairness for assetto there's usually 50-70 people on I usually get on evenings between 8-12 GMT.
    They need to get us all in the same rooms Australia and America need access to Europe.

TitzonToast and Grand Apeiron like this.
  5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah it's great seeing an average of 2 people online in Australia, oh well, mine is packed up ready to be shipped back in it's broken state.

6. I've personally found there to be fair amount of people racing online, I believe servers that are already in a race or are full with all drivers in the session and not in the lobby menu will not show up.

Starting a thread to get people racing daily on console would most certainly help. Can be easier to enforce Kick votes for those causing trouble in Public Lobbies if the majority of the drivers in the xy server *car/track selection* are friends.

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Every time I check there's about 6 people bouncing off the armcos of the Nordschleife, and a similar number drifting. Then there's probably 2 or 3 at most doing a GT3 at Spa.
    I don't honestly believe there are that few people wanting to race GTs at arguably the best track in the world. I believe it's a software issue preventing us from seeing the whole picture.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Because people doesnt want to be pushed off the track and spending a lot of time trying to find a clean race, when its almost impossible.

I raced today with supercars on Imola. I scaped from the herd of wildebeests from the begining and raced against other group of people. We didnt fight (clean race talking) we were just trying to catch each other. But boy that felt good. Assetto Corsa has an enormous potential. I hope the game doesnt die until it reaches that potential.

Grand Apeiron likes this.
  9. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

It's like every other online game I've played. You need to find yourself a little group of like minded people to play with.

Stop complaining, start making a solution for yourselves. Have some of the people complaining here tried contacting other forums members to meet up online?

Pleite likes this.
  10. Just to add. PCars also has an "Is anybody playing this game thread" and there were Times it was extremely hard in PCars to find working lobbies.

Thats not helping for AC but I just wanted to argue that pro PCars post.

RoccoTTS, LeDude83 and Tomcul like this.
  11. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Have you bothered to read this, or other threads about this topic? People have found a solution but it's clunky in the extreme.

Also, I don't know what other online games you've ever played, but the ones I have-have always had good multilayer integration.

Stop complaining about people complaining.

12. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

The solution you talk about was originally proposed by him. I thought his initiative was good and it worked in my case - the few times I tried; I admit I don't play much online...

WarriusZero likes this.
  13. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

So, yeah, I've bothered.

My point is that in any case, it's much more interesting to play regularly with the same people as it builds respect (especially if you play against each other) and team spirit (especially if you play as a team). It's less anonymous, more fun and personal (without having to get personal).

And be content with the tools you get.

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

P cars puplic lobbies are not good, when someone joins qualifying the game lags out to the extent every one on track crashes due to the lag. P cars private lobbies are absolute brilliant as long as you have a racing community. Host is in total. Control of room, choose any car any track weather and time of day. A/c could be better than p cars due to physics and how the cars react to on another on track. How a/c is at the moment just doesn't work, we have tried it. Plus who wants to race the same car and track all night, so then you have to go through the same hassle all over again in starting up a new lobby.

1 find a server with what you want to race.
    2 invite your friends, most of the time there's 10 of us
    3 lobby now moves to top of server list
    4 lobby gets filled straight up with unknowns
    5 unless there clean racers the room is doomed, kick start again repeat.
    6 not worth the hassle back to p cars

Then you got the matter of there's isn't many track limits online, if your in a racing community you need track limits it keeps the room clean and fair.

TitzonToast likes this.
  15. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I've been racing online for years and I'm well aware of the benifits of racing with a good group.

Why should I be content with the flawed multiplayer currently on offer with AC? I can't race with my American friends due to the lobbies being region locked.

16. I couldn't agree more and this is what I've been saying all along.

Private servers are not a necessity at all, and all they will do is split up an already small community.

If people want to race, pick a server, meet up, and race. Kicking people out of servers is incredibly easy when everyone knows that R3 is the button to vote yes. There's no excuses not to be racing online right now. Private servers are a waste of Kunos time and money at the moment. If they community was bigger, then it would be okay but right now it's pointless.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. That's ridiculous considering in pCars, everyone has to leave the track to the multiplayer lobby to vote to kick a player while in AC, only 1 player has to hit pause (and his car will come to a stop automatically), then vote to kick the player. Then everyone else only has to hit the R3 button. No one even has to leave the track, and only 1 player has to slow down at all. AC has a much better voting system than pCars, so your excuses are not valid.

18. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Clearly, you havent played online.

1) Many people wanted this game to make championships. Not having private lobbies decrease the credibility of Assetto in the sim community.
    2) It is very very clear that you havent played online in consoles. The kicking system doesnt work. 99% of the time someone is been vote to be kicked, it doesnt get enough votes. And maybe the mayority of the times he deserve it, but the people doesnt care about the voting for unknown reasons: probably they havent seen the action and dont want to kick someone who dont deserve it or simply they dont care.
    3) I race online and I have to say that the driving pleasure Assetto offers minimize the frustration of being pushed out of track many times. I keep racing online, but I understand that many people feel tired; finally i will do as well.

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

As much as I disagree with your statement that private/custom lobbies are not needed (they are needed IMO), this statement is striking. The people that really love AC for its driving experience right now will find a way to make it happen. The annoying it is to get a good session running, the rewarding it is to go two-wide through a turn, battle for the better exit, manage your tyres a bit better so you gain on your opponents late in the race...all this with the best physics and FFB on the consumer market.

When I started with AC there was no Minorating (awesome server app that creates a safety rating each player...servers can choose which ratings to allow) and I had no option to set up a server myself. I still joined the pub servers and got crashed almost each race by a wrecker...almost always kept going, even pitted to get car fixed and raced the backmarkers :-D

What's properly messed up IMO is that lobbies disappear from list on consoles when the race is running. There should be open-during-Q lobbies and always-open lobbies and both should show in the list when the race is on. People will at least see running race and get hyped to join for next Q. If server list is empty there's little motivation to play.

And the next thing that would make console racing better even for leagues is the booking servers we have on PC. Book your slot and once the race starts noone can join but the guys who booked their slot. I think that would already be a big step up from what's there right now.

20. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

You couldn't be any more wrong if you'd posted a recipe for baking cupcakes.

It's custom lobbies with the OPTION to make them private that we want.
    Kicking innocent players for no reason other than to populate a lobby is wrong in the extreme.
    If people could create lobbies and name them, folk could look at the title and join if the car/track/assists type allowed suited them.

You play on PC don't you? Why are you even getting involved in this conversation if you haven't experienced this situation for yourself? What's it got to do with you?

BoereJack and NitroDrift DK like this.