1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic why are the servers always empty???

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Spot on. Specially tracks, imo. There'll be the addition of Red Bull Ring and, besides, I heard they'll also add the historic version of Silvestone and another fictional track by the beginning of the next year. If true, that would be welcome, although the count would still be low.

the-D- and L2D_Gopher like this.
  2. tony wenham

tony wenham Rookie

does anyone no whats going on
    are they trying to fix it and when
    theres a huge lack of info from them ?????????????

3. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

Sadly I haven't saw any post from kunos since before the dlc was released

4. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

One simple fix would be to lock out anyone without a qualifying time - that way the wreckers won't get near the grid as most are utterly useless drivers.

Horus likes this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

The -D-, you are like so many of the console users having an inability to see help when offered, you seem blinded by the idea that PC users are somehow being condescending and elitist (when it is you guys that seems to suffer Elitism by becoming upset a PC user would wish to help). The reason the abuse starts is not the PC users, it is uptight children not understanding that the Kunos team are tiny, PC based and are trying to help you guys have a great racing sim instead of the racing games you have right now. Forget about any yadda yadda yadda about P-Cars/Fonza/GT, this is AC not one of those games. If those games are the ones you like then you should have rented AC before buying it.

I have had Assetto Corsa from early access, have watched it develop, watched it fail, watched updates being released within minutes of issues/bugs being found, bought all the DLC and have to say it has been a hell of a great ride. You do not even have the PC version so how you come to the idea that the majority of AC drivers are not enjoying themselves is, well, laughable. There are always detractors and deriders of any product, when the only way to improve a product is with constructive and pertinent posts/requests. As for getting information from PRC for your little suspension 'insight' is extremely funny.

Now this is where the real difference comes into play from PC and console users. I know consoles just plug in and play, not always as some products/software still causes problems. PC users get accustomed to play about a bit, even more so if they want to find some funky little treats. So to cut a long story short. If console users cannot be bothered to create a friend list to have some fun with 'YOUR FRIENDS' then why should anyone help you. As for Kunos looking after the console, they are doing more your side than ours right now. Does that mean us PC users will start moaning and b!tching, no. We will keep trying to help other AC fans and even those that seems to have serious issues with the Me! Me! Me! attitude.

We are all here for the best racing experience we can get right now, so let us all drive the same direction. This has nothing to do with what hardware you use, this has everything to do with getting the best for the community. Come on now guys, there is no difference in our needs and desires for AC.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin and Pleite like this.
  6. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

What are you trying to prove by posting in the console section, you have no idea the problems on them or how they operate so please stop you're embarrassing yourself. Things with Assetto Corsa are so bad because children like you are happy with mediocrity. All the back slapping and dewy eyed fanboyism you have given Kunos has gave them an inflated ego that has led to complacency.

7. the-D-

the-D- Racer

First off, I do have the PC game, and every other sim going back to GTR, so I guess there's that ;)
    Secondly, If you read the posts containing pumpkin towards me or any other console user, you'll clearly see that because his intended work around is of no concern (wanted, needed or otherwise) to many (most), then he gets on his high horse and starts with insults, and berating console owners with utter impunity, much like yourself (egotistic by nature, only your views matter, can't see it or admit it, then deny it and revert it back)

Little suspension insight? hmmm :confused:o_O

Can't you see,...no one wants the type of 'help' you and your ilk are offering? No?,....(see 'egotistic' above)

8. WarriusZero

WarriusZero Gamer

See guys, this is why I stick to GTplanet... Can't we just chill?

Some PC users need to understand that we have no modding tools to play with, and we're just about OK thanks to the platform tools (which was probably taken into consideration by Kunos when prioritising work).

And some console users need to understand that PC users are at least as passionate as them about racing and AC and are not just considering us console peasants.

Horus and the-D- like this.
  9. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

Kunos should simply lock pc users out of console forums just like we are locked out of theirs

10. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Most, not all, are sycophantic apologists, they get their jollies from a never seen pat on the back from the dev's they defend, you see them everywhere,..cant get rid of them,...they are almost the same as the wreckers, its just a sad part of the hobby we take part in I guess.

11. Horus

Horus Alien

Rubbish, I join these threads to help or stand by an reasonable idea, sometimes yeah because I just love what Kunos have made and how they keep working to make it better and release DLC at ridiculously cheap prices. They are not a bad bunch you have to agree. AC to me is the best racing sim on the market (it has its faults). Not owning it on console does not mean we, the PC owners, cannot help you were we can. Be nice guys. Sleep well.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Its how the just and reasonable ideas are defended when its not the solution (and far from it) that is required, or needed, then it escalates oh so quickly to you guys calling us- children, pathetic, and a whole lot more (including personal insults)
    It stands to reason, when the 'help' is offered, and you don't get the desired results/thanks/appraisal, then you'd leave it at that, knowing you did your best and humbly be on your way, but no, that's never the case,...many people have said, leave it at that, but for some reason, it just never ends, you have to be right.
    Accept it and move on, be pragmatic.
    I hope this can be an end to it, its really not needed.
    I'm sure that was nice,...bon nuit :)

Horus likes this.
  13. c172fccc

c172fccc Gamer

Us on PC, we really do accept any situations! We even accepted getting some free Porsche! Oh wait...

Horus and the-D- like this.
  14. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Tee-Hee :);):p:D

Horus likes this.
  15. schmron

schmron Racer

Thats not a racism-thing, console users are locked out because they don't have connected their steam account ;)
    Just give administrators time to find a solution...

mister dog, Horus and the-D- like this.
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Don't follow much what happens here anymore since I noticed this hostility towards PC users... but many PC players genuinely want to help console users.

Closing your eyes & ears from those comments just because they were written by someone on PC isn't smart, since the sim has been out on PC far far longer, and PC crowd has far more knowledge about AC, regarding setups, cars, physics, upcoming content, bugs and problems, anything really. Because it's essentially same game, that we have played up to 3 years. Some PC users here have made advanced modding work for the game, actually some of the cars you drive in AC are originally work by PC users writing on these forums (and I've seen them write here as well). Lamborghini Miura and Shelby Cobra are mod cars bought by Kunos from the modders... Zandvoort, same thing. Kunos has even hired a person from the modding community, originally just like any of the users on PC forums, now in their staff.

Dismissing any and all comments by PC players just because they play on PC would be plain stupidity, some of these guys (not me) are walking encyclopedias what it comes to AC, physics and motorsports in general.

Some might be trolling and acting like idiots (always those people in any group) but most of PC players want the same as you, best possible game on console. Because every sold copy of AC on consoles will improve the game on PC, for us. Only an idiot would want to put down console users, or practice some childish "PC master race" rivalry. More sold console copies = resources for Kunos, to develop OUR game. So it's not beneficial to make console people feel unwelcomed or bully them. If some PC users do this, should be imo banned.. just as much as salty console users who do nothing but cry and complain, instead of trying to build a simracing community and be happy about DLC and 1.03 improvements.

I'm also unhappy about how console release went. Game was released unfinished and it could have been so much better & gotten so much better reviews & sold more... with relatively little effort (1.03 patch already is much better). It's sad if it leads to MP being dead, which unfortunately is the fate of several new games very soon after their release. It will still remain a great SP simulator, with driving feel & physics that are second to none. Many people on PC don't even play the multiplayer, despite it being very active. They just race offline or do hotlaps.

Anyway, it might well be just that people are waiting for the private lobbies, MP racing on public servers without any enforcing of wreckers is not enjoyable. On PC game being dead is not a problem, multiplayer is very active.. it's not about 3rd party mods, many (most?) players don't even use mods. Minorating helps, but MP was very active long before minorating became a thing. And it's funded totally by player donations, not Kunos. http://www.minorating.com/Project

Modding isn't possible on consoles, but Minorating wouldn't be possible without community spirit, people donating money for greater good of the sim, out of their own pocket.

17. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Most of that I whole heartily agree with, but I dont think we've been dealing with the walking encyclopedias ;)

TitzonToast likes this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well, modders that know stuff are a small fraction, recognizable from their signature. Fast guys might have some tips.. I'm not part of neither group. But anyway hope console guys get their private lobbies ASAP because it really is key to enjoyable racing...

19. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

It's custom lobbies we really want, with the option of making them private when needed.

Hosting a good public lobby can be great fun for all involved.

20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

The hostility is not aimed at all PC users in general, but like you say there are some just jumping to conclusions without any actual help given.
    It may have the same name and SOME of the same content but by no means is it the same game, just as with all the mods that PC users have installed to make AC more enjoyable is not the same game as the base AC on PC. There have been more differences found between PC than I can remember and that's before we get into the differences between Playstation and Xbox. There's plenty of people on console that have skills or education in computing like myself and it doesn't take much to see there are inconsistencies.
    Many are unfortunately only experienced in one form sadly, something I hoped Kunos with their close track relations and regular car testing would bridge the gap more than Kaz taking part in the 24hr of Nurburgring would do between actual performance drivers, tuners and programmers.
    Seems to be far too many here who think owning/playing on PC somehow makes them better real world drivers or better programming analysts than anyone who touches a console. They seem to think that because we choose simplicity somehow we are simpler people. In my case, I would rather spend more time doing 60mph+ in the real world on the road or off, on my two Italian beauties to care for or bother with all the hassle of PC gaming. I have a great gaming PC right here, but I choose simplicity which is why I prefer Xbox and Playstation to PC. If I want the best I can get, I'll do it in the real world, something lots of the annoying posters probably aren't even able to do. Being an adrenaline freak isn't for everyone.
    We do donate, it's called Playstation Plus and Xbox Live. Though I feel they let us down on letting this one through their QC. Luckily we have consumer guarantees here in Australia that say we still have some rights and i've just received my email about returning my copy as after being promised early on that they had a patch coming to fix it, then making us wait until the last day of the month without any word about what was going to be addressed, I felt somewhat shafted for the $500 I put into the wheel and game bundle I got and the faith I put into the apparent community integration. I love hearing stories about how this guy did this and that guy did that but very few are ever there themselves to verify that are they. I've seen two acceptable posts here since early console release, one for the 1.03 update and the one about looking into private lobbies. Every other reply from the 'community manager' is the same cut and paste generic response to people being antisocial towards one another. This is absolutely ridiculous as they make it seem like a sentence or two a week about their progress is so damn hard. Get a grip, get your minds off our money and instill some of that pride back into your unfinished masterpiece. The annoying PC trolls that can google stuff all day and call you on it won't be on console, we understand nobody is perfect but we also understand limitations and how to use what we have to get the best out of it.. Rest in Peace Chris Harris Console Lap Simulator(this is coming from a console guy that's happily staying on console and waiting for GTS and the next FM and anything else that comes along with a replay and fun factor that is worth its cost).

Fettsback, RunKillCapture and Bibbles like this.