1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02eo2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Aug 25, 2015.

1. You can always ask to mr Motec if you are not a friend of videos and perceived stuff :p

http://i.imgur.com/ciyFgva.png

This was achieved with the Lotus 98T, track grip to "fast" and medium tyres with default setup and high-ish wings at Estoril T1-T2 (can't send link for obvious reasons). I think it's obvious that such car can't corner over 5Gs (probably not even 4Gs, which is closer to modern F1s). Even if the aerodynamics aren't super accurate, the difference would need to be huge to justify those huge lateral Gs.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Spa GP 1986 pole time 1:54.331
    Spa GP 2015 pole time 1:47.179

RSR Spa Lotus 98T WR time 1:50.619

There are of course many many variables that could affect these numbers.

Spa has changed since 1986 but not out of all recognition. In the 80s 2/3 of the track was public roads and it was very bumpy. It's much smoother now with the re-surfacing and the aviation tarmac.

It's obvious that these late 80s turbo cars weren't slow, in fact it appears they weren't much slower than modern F1.

3. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Once, a modder who is a friend of mine said : " I can't make this game as realistic as real life, so i will start making real life as realistic as this game" :D

A car that was able to corner at nearly 5 g has done 1.44 on the new spa which is about 1.5 - 2s slower than the old layout ... just sayin' ... no matter how the track changed, the difference can't be 6 secs

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  4. just to be clear.. this is not the tyre you posted in the other page right?
    This one suggests the "falling off" load sensitivity that can be achieved with the new values. and it is the behavior I was expecting because it's easy to explain physically by the extreme deformation.
    But one important factor to consider (just as when it comes to behavior beyond the point of grip slip) is that, at those levels of load, temperature are likely going over the roof, producing an additional degradation in grip... which explains why you see the weird stuff you see in the tyre tester app at high speed/loads.. ;) That's factoring temps and relaxation length in.

Glaurung and F430_458_F12 like this.
  5. The red line is based on @misterbeam's tyre posted here , using DY0=2.0958333 DY1=-0.282 (using the last 3 data points to estimate them). I calculated the mu at every 1000N up to 10000N and multiplied them together to get the lateral forces.

I agree with the temperature factor, and it's true that it can influence at high loads/slip angles etc. Didn't know about relaxation lenght influence, do you mind to elaborate a bit? It's interesting :)

6. plus

Real lap: Condition, unknown, being Spa you can't really bet on perfectly clear sky. Drivers probably got 1 max 3 attempts at full boost with qualifying tyres. Let it sit in for a little while.. there were probably a total of 6 "hot" laps made by the 98T in Spa ever.. 6... in history.

RSR time: The result of thousands of attempt, in a comfy chair with perfect conditions every single time and no risk to end your life in a wall.

Then think we're talking about a 1000Hp monster with level of downforce almost unseen before and after in F1 with TRex size tyres.. so yeah.. it'll do that.

7. the tyre tester app is actually simulating what a real tyre tester machine would do to get the numbers out. So it's taking a tyre, setting the load and speed from the tyre on the car running and it's performing a slip angle/slip ratio sweep to record the results.. the tyre is fully dynamic during the sweep, that's why it's so slow and why the results are sometimes surprising. The car speed (and the speed of the sweep itself, that cannot be changed in the GUI but I often change it to check things out by code) can be a very big influence in the final result.

David Dominguez likes this.
  8. That's I asked you in the other thread if it was possible to have that virtual tyre tester machine outside of the sim :p so we can see those results, but also numerically, and with more calm (when the car is running everything happens so fast that it's hard to get info sometimes).

9. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

No way they can work with the AC tire model, even on a very light car.

10. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

I hope this post is a joke...

nonnex likes this.
  11. Are you guys totally sure those data are in N? It looks to me like a colossal amount of load sens for such small loads... could it be lbf?

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If a bad model fits the data, you don't have enough data to find a good model.

13. Yes (N).

14. damn you, I should be working on something else and you convinced me to look into lookup tables for DY :p . Interestingly I've found a function to get smooth data out of my lookup table class.. I guess Giovanni must have written it.. I didn't remember it was there... it could also be very useful to define engine curves without too many points... like insert minimum, max torque, max power and be done.

Horst1, Thomas Gocke, Dookie and 8 others like this.
  15. Cubic spline function, perhaps? :)

16. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

speaking of tyre

Vettel through Eau Rouge from past weekends race.

When is this coming Kunos? :eek:

what ya reckon is the load on that rear tyre lol

[​IMG]

17. Based on the suspension and the sparks... it's MAXed.

18. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Vettel did it on purpose :p

Mogster and David Dominguez like this.
  19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  20. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

@Lord Kunos ..to make the day easier for you why don't you try the fantastic Formula Renault mod David Dominguez and his team-mates at Virtua Simulazioni have released? I am not a fan of formula cars but this car is just made with awesome sauce!
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...zioni-formula-renault-3-5-1-1-released.19848/
    I think the more you communicate about this physics stuff the more awesome mods we get..
    ..And why not make it official? :D