1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E03

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Actually more excited for 1.7 than I am about the Porsche license. A lot of nice refinements coming:
    • Bindable Turbo/TC etc controls - Honestly this is long overdue. I pretty much never bother changing ABS/TC/Turbo boosdt on the go since its such a hassle leaning over to my keyboard, this will be a massive improvment.
    • Cloud update - They certainly look nice from that one RBRing screen, would be nice to see a bit more soon.
    • LCD pages on the cars - Very nice
    • Torque Alignment problem Fix - Would like some more details on this, sounds interesting. May very well be too complicated for me anyway though :p
    • Tyre Pressure influence on heat generation, more prominent - Awesome to hear.
    • False start - Sounds good, can't wait to see how terrible my reaction to the lights are at the start
    • Hybrid physics for LMP1 - Can't wait to drive something like this, should be very interesting.
    That and the inclusion of the RBRing Pack (whatever its called, and whatever cars are included) make me very excited indeed.

Also I noted in the stream that Simone mentioned a guy who helped with the RBRing; perhaps that is in order to get it completed in time for the next F1 race? Would be great if they could get it out by then.

2. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

they cannot drive rounds, if they don't know what a round is. They just drive their way/line. Stefano explained this somewhere, can't remember where.

3. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Personally I do not understand why time is spent doing bad characteristics. Teleportation is not real, not possible. Is it really that difficult to put a real sanction? I could put a penalty like this:

* False start before turning the traffic light: mandatory stop + x time. (There servers that are configured with a long time to create your adjustment before the race, we should add this time to the sanction)
    * False Start in 1st red light: mandatory stop + x time.
    * False output in 2nd red light: mandatory stop + x time.
    ... So in the 6 lights there.

Not respect the sanction in the next x turns = Black Flag.

* Pit stop, it is absurd that slow down your car alone and also you can go faster than mandatory without penalty, this benefits people going faster and driving illegally. I really do not think it's very difficult to add a button to limit the speed of the car. And put a real penalty when speed is exceeded 80kmh.

* Stitches in wheels: It is illogical to add a feature in this state, the car does not move after a puncture, there is no traction.

Assetto Corsa is the simulator with the worst state in characteristics of race and does not seem a priority for developers. All sections of the game are constantly evolving but the basic characteristics of race are completely forgotten

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Pascalwb and Eduardo AuKiss like this.
  4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Think of it as a 'track day simulator'. Maybe i'm lucky enough that i've done most of my MP racing in LFS while i was the most hyped for it and AC's lack of MP features and options doesn't botter me that much now.
    But the improvements that stefano announced sound promicing.

nate and LRM like this.
  5. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I guess I'm a little disappointed because I expected something else of this simulator and I think the first kunos idea was to create a racing simulator.

[​IMG]

Pascalwb likes this.
  6. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

The problem is that people would crash into the others at the start of the race. How hard is it to not have retards playing your game? Very hard.

Mogster likes this.
  7. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

It could be the option to make it real and make it unreal, giving option to mature runners to have a serious competition and not let the simulator in a cinch. (Server configuration)

These measures will only help to ruin the experience to serious simracers, do not understand like going to 300kmh in pitline is not sanctioned, if you try to do legal all other riders you will win because this feature benefits that commits an offense.

It saddens me to see that there is no career development features, but it saddens me to see that more will devote time to developing features that do not work well on purpose. Just to make the game easier for casual players and forgetting the simracers and needs.

8. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

those two are not 1.7 features...... they were questions asked to Stefano and answered with a "maybe, if it's needed"

nate likes this.
  9. tabis

tabis Simracer

LeDude83, nate and TDS like this.
  10. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

Don't go there... No need for it. I has been discussed plenty of times, they are introducing features as we speak and I doubt they give a **** who it benefits... BTW what features make game easier for casual players?

How many times do you have to use pits in MP anyways? What annoys me more is clicking like a retard to choose what you will change when you pit (yeah, there is apps out there, I know, but as I don't use pits, I don't have them... It's just the design decision that surprises me) instead of allowing you to make a strategy beforehand.

Making it real and unreal is retarded... You decide for one option, and they decided for the objectively better one. If you don't want teleporting to pits, don't jump the start... It's a compromise, but it will work universally without any issues, be it in casual public servers or organized league races.

11. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Automatic speed limiter pit lane makes life easier for the casual player.
    Teleport makes life easier for the casual player.

You can not say, "Do not make a false start" These things happen in real life and has its sanction (Drive trough), could simply recreate the same way it does in real life.

If you've played previous simulators you will see that these actual sanctions exist from day one, are features basic a "simulator" in Mario Kart simply press the accelerator and get the green light will be running (as here) in any arcade game box you will enter automatically, but this is not an arcade game.

Not understand my comments as an attack, I'm the first fan of KS from netKar, FVA and AC ... Even netBike has given me a lot of play. Today there is no other sim that satisfies my desire to drive, love Assetto Corsa.

But I think there are things that do not work well and that they will not oriented in the right direction

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  12. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

first of all, automatic pit limiter is there, because they did not yet work on the penalty system (PS is bad and we know it and they know it and they will work on it in the future...). Second of all, teleport makes YOUR life online easier because of retards playing on the servers. Some people don't even know what blue flag means ffs.

13. plaid

plaid Alien

I miss various things, too, but after the EA and even more so 1 1/2 years after the the release you have an idea what to expect.

For driving its cool, especially with all the streetcars. Now they just need to stop licencing circuits and build civil tracks. :D

For racing there are better alternatives, at least if you care about more than just multiple people driving at hte same time.
    Just sad that that it couldn't work like with cars and tracks, so they simply hire more coders to add at least the basic features.

14. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

An option would be to make car transparent, so there would be no teleporting nor crashing, but then it would be still unrealistic ^^

15. I am not sure how adding jump starts, and then teleporting jump starters to the pits will improve racing in AC. I have no problem with the current model.

jul likes this.
  16. LRM

LRM Simracer

LFS was doing the same thing with false start teleportation, and people was very fine with that, I don't really get why some people always turn things into the most negative way when talking about AC.

LeDude83, Psit and Rolf Kazamba like this.
  17. SirJack

SirJack Racer

False start (like netkart): If you headstart you are moved to the pits with a penalty...does this mean that we will be able to start MP-Races with 1st gear already selected?

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's exactly what this is for, yes.

SirJack likes this.
  19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Every decision from devs will cause a reaction. As such, devs have to be really careful of these decisions.
    I agree with @TheBoss, I would like also more hardcore stuff, like rF2 does.
    On the other hand I totally understand why kunos decided what their game would look like.
    The have learnt their lesson with netkar pro.
    Hardcore racers are so rare that netkar pro died. As rF2, which is played only from hardcore racers.
    AC is superior as driving simulation, becoming so successful that will attract more people as such more casual people.
    As you can see, if a game wants to survive, will have to either to charge much for little ( iracing) or charge little for many.
    As final thought, only way for AC to exist, is either be really expensive or be cheap for more.
    Kunos, did 2nd choice. Now that it's successful, I hope that they will find some time, for more harcore racers.
    If not it's ok, I hope they at least will give modders more tools , like more server plug-ins .

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

20. SirJack

SirJack Racer

great news :)!