1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E03

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jun 17, 2016.

1. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Nice stream, thanks! But guys, take some time off enjoy the sun and sleep for a change, please! Coming updates that stood out for me are:
    • Improved/implemented a system where the tyre pressure is doing something to the IMO temperatures, more control => heat generation
    • false starts
    • penalty for esc back to pits while in race

2. jchemisky

jchemisky Rookie

Hello everybody !
    I really enjoy AC, moreover for the driving feeling and I don't care so much if all the racing features are not there, the pleasure to drive is awsome.
    As a lot of people, I am now very impatient for the Porsche DLCs ... I don't know why, but I was expecting this the 17th

Let's try to help a little bit with this issue for the timed events,
    I was also thinking to some similar solution when I listened then S03E02 live-stream
    Maybe, in order to not to care about a huge database, just use machine-learning each time in order to get the AI how many laps they can do during the racing time.
    For exemple, a solution can be that you have to do a full complete event to get a timed event, and wait that a least each AI car completed 2 laps during the warmup or the practice before you can jump to the race. And an option to accelerate the computational time when you are in the garage could be implemented in order to not to have to wait too long for Nordschleife event for exemple (as it was in GTR2)

I think that harcore simracers who wants absolutely timed events in SP won't care if it is not available in quickrace events, but only in full weekend events...

3. McCloud888

McCloud888 Rookie

Enjoyed the live session, awesome.

myimac likes this.
  4. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

would be better, if you would get a DNF for pressing ESC during race session.

5. jchemisky

jchemisky Rookie

Or at least if you press "escape" and then click on "go to garage"
    (the escape button to have a pause in SP is quite useful, especially when a young baby start crying at home ... )

Mike Kadlcak likes this.
  6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

didn`t he said it is something easy to do, that he might do when he is not occupied with something else but also with the ammount of cars they have and porsche cars comming they can`t pay attention to such a details for every car? .. seems like there will be feature implemented for modders to utilize but not applied backward on all cars in game .. or did I get it wrong?

that is something I`m bit worried .. that with this ammount of cars they rather than spending weeks applying new improvements to every single car in game just don`t do something cause it is huge amount of work ... pain of large content games ..

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Is a high amount of work for the 3d devs to do for all the cars multiple lcd pages, while for the programmer is faster. But again, maybe only some cars are worth of multiple lcd pages, some race cars here and there. But are we really missing anything that can't be seen in the one page lcd or with apps? edit. like you and stefano said, better to have it as a feature for car mods.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yes, pretty much as with all features like this. Implementing more LCD pages isn't a big deal, collecting the real data and implementing that for each and every car is.

For race cars definitely. Not all of them have all the available info on one page.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I guess it is a lot work .. but as developement of AC turns to be ongoing for a long time (thanks god for that) it brings this issue with need to redone all present content if some new feature is added .. it is understandable but little shame if we miss something that would be cool but now it is too late/too much work to do ..
    Multiple pages are great thing to have .. keeps hud clean .. even mutliple pages in one single HUD panel (AMS e.g.) are all I need/want .. at least for me ..

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys, stupid question coming: what is the "lcd pages" ?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Minolin likes this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Motec/LCD panel on cars dashboard ... lots of race (or road) cars have multiple pages with different info ..Basic info, car diagnostic (tyre, brake, oil, water temps, ... ), laptimes and deltas, etc ..

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Doesn't RUF has it already?

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

don`t know .. how do you switch between those pages ? :) not sure if I have option to map it on key/button in my instance of game ..

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Oh, now I got it. Thanks

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

perhaps good compromise would be to bring mulitple pages to APPS so you can have one app with lots of info on more pages ...

16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

There are working display's in AC (like in the mentioned RUF) but you can't do what he does. Starts at 20s if you are in hurry.

17. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

I watched all the streams and i am a bit tired of the same questions. I hope kunos will focus more of showing what the team can do and not on what it is impossible to achieve. I like to learn stuff from kunos.
    I loved the stream when stefano and aris found the bug that changed the driving experience in 2015.
    Keep the optimism stefano.

Leonardo Ratafia and liakjim like this.
  18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well that is the point .. we have single page working LCDs/Dash computers but somebody asked about mutlipages (like shown in that video)

19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Well personally, I think that this is a tiny detail. I can totally live without that and I prefer resources to be pointed somewhere else.

mms, Christopher Low and grandepunto like this.
  20. ouvert

ouvert Alien

sure I agree .. but I wonder how cool must some new feature be to be worth doing that extra deal of work .. when do they reach point when dismissing new features will not be preferable but implementing them to "AC2" will be the way to go .. I guess console release will delay that quite a bit.

I`d like to think about it that AC is now more of a playing/research/educational field for Stefano for next game (kind of AMS vs Reiza2017) .. even if he consider half of great suggestions .. but far future I guess .. didn`t really wanna spam about it that much :) apologies

grandepunto likes this.