1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Jan 16, 2017.

1. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Struggling on this combo

1:40.349 - Boabmatic - X1

Attached Files:

2. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

First few try's not sure I'll get a lot off it, she really doesn't like to downshift above 6k rpm! IMG_3729.JPG 1:38.768

3. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Good luck on this one fellas... i'll check back in for the next one as do not have the required dlc this time.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

4. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

1:39.299 MartyBook PS4
    [​IMG]

This challenge should be called "Never meet your heroes".
    Stoopid fat Audi. Off to bed in a huff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Summed it up perfectly. Reminded me of when Hammond meets Evil.

Into the 40's yee ha.
    PS 1:39.990
    rps20170117_124729.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Time - 1:38.062 - XBOne

Screenshot-Original.png

7. I had no idea that 'Gallardo' is Italian for 'understeer'. The Huracan provides a much better driver experience IMO. I won't be able to set a time this week but look forward to seeing how everybody does. Thanks to the OP for keeping this little weekly tradition going.

8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Agree fully on that mate that's in GT3 Lambo to tho, understeer understeer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06 Simracer

First pass here. Exiting track. Not so exciting car, but it was different.
    No TC needed...too much understeer
    Xbox
    TX Wheel
    paddles

[​IMG]

10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Looks like I owe beer to @andy-riches thanks for making the first leaderboard!

Understeer, the act of the driver asking too much of the front tyres, usually caused by going to fast for the given cornering phase ;) :p

This car is properly fast, which makes the above easy :)

Gearbox, it is pretty long so again patience is required, there is some discussion elsewhere in the forum about flappy paddles not working correctly (console) it does feel like I get way to many shifts blocked, without some sort of telemetry (button pressed / rpm / protection rpm for given gear etc) it is difficult to know if it is indeed me or something else causing it!

Hammerpgh, Traks1 and Andy-R like this.
  11. [​IMG]

My best with the controller, but i'm searching for some setups for the pad...

And that gearbox...i was trying everything: gas at the downgrade, "multitaponthe****ingbutton" nothing works.
    I just use ABS

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

To much inconsistency in the shifting area! It's sluggish and it won't **** properly. After exiting the season to change the weather temperature then going back I notice completely new shifting mechanism, more natural and aggressive-BETTER!! So, it's like bug/glitch here on PS4.

This is my experience I don't know what others have to say or do they've like strange shifting patterns were you are not able to change like from 3rd to 2nd even tho you're around 4K rpm's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I suspect driving this car IRL would be a mega experience, just the sheer forces it is creating when going fast would be exhilarating, in the sim it does comes across as a bit sterile, it is the same for all the 4wd cars I looked at for this...

It is worth driving it outside of setting laptimes, it provides plenty of sideways action when you provoke it ;) The red rag so to speak is the classic Scandinavian flick :)

BTW the twisty section of the Redbull Ring is most excellent for idiot mode :D

Kembro and HavanaB0B like this.
  14. On Xbx it's the same about 4k rpms. but if you are a total idiot (like me) and you keep tap on the button, it will maybe downgrade, and then goes waaayyy more than 8krpm...

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

are you sure it isnt the ABS? I might be wrong but I felt like the car didnt slow as well when I was heavy on the brakes (causing ABS to kick in and it to feel like it wouldnt shift down in time as im at higher rpm and rev protection wont allow it) spamming the down paddle repeatedly also seems to stop it from shifting & occasionally it will allow a double shift and damage the engine. Just my thoughts, could be wrong.

Graveltrap and HavanaB0B like this.
  16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Wait, you mean I am not supposed to abuse the ABS :eek: o_O :p Could that be speed secret number 1 ;)

More seriously, there must be some sort of double shift / switch bounce protection which blocks downshift spamming, I think it is actually adjustable on PC but locked away on console...

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

there is buts for faulty hardware I think. it goes up to about 100ms and is to stop cars shifting up or down twice when you press once. ive never needed it but I guess if your button is registering twice when you press once it could cause the rev protection to play up. the car definitely feels like it doesnt want to shift down on PC as well, as I said in my last post I put it down to braking more than anything else.

edit: the debounce thing might be 150 or 250ms... cant remember

Graveltrap likes this.
  18. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Guilty as charged your honor. I neeeeed to sort my braking out, watching the proper fast laps I'm braking a good 2 or 3 car lengths before you guys in most corners. Partly my technique but partly (I'm hoping) due to the on/off switch which is the brake pedal on the G29 pedal set once you hit that stupid rubber 'progression' block.

Inmortal80 likes this.
  19. J3r0m

J3r0m Gamer

Thanks Carbo, that's really a good idea to have created this leaderboard. Just joined yesterday and I'll post soon some new times.
    I'm not super fast, so you won't feel alone!

Also, to follow the steps of the Weekly Hotlap challenge, shouldn't a mandatory specific ambient temperature be added for each combo?

JIJDAN and paul_wev like this.
  20. J3r0m

J3r0m Gamer

Oops, wrong thread... Please ignore!