1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Jan 16, 2017.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I can record it but you'll see nothing. I happens mostly on the hairpin, when I'm in 2nd try to shift down (around 3/4K rpm) it just refuses to shift down!! Sometimes it wohnt shift from 5th to 4th, even tho I'm not like in the higher rpm range. Very very strange. My ABS is on 1 so it shouldn't have such big impact on the shifting thing.

But when I exit out of the session the enter it again shifting seem ok, like, it felt normal and very satisfying when you hit the 1st gear on the hairpin etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I believe it is, they are quite strict on it . It's usually 26C . Or your time won't be allowed

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

Kembro likes this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think there is only 1 factory ABS setting for this car (1=on 0=off) Try braking at less than 100% brake input and see if the car slows and shifts down better (it still feels a little reluctant to shift but should be better than braking at 100% with the ABS going haywire.)

4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

If I'm not wrong I'll check that latter, on console there's more values then On Off in ABS section but I've to check it again.

The specific hairpin sometimes I press the breake hard AF **** and sometimes not anyway the gearbox was rubbish until I exit the session the enter it again.

5. I think it is mainly a problem on "flappy paddles", i mean, on the 991 s, it behave like it (less than the lambo i admit) GT3 rs is less invasiv. After all, we have to adapt ourselves to avoid the prob, and manage good laptimes!

Tomcul and Andy-R like this.
  6. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Can confirm there is only 0|1 On|Off on console for this car....

Andy-R likes this.
  7. Martijn Joon

Martijn Joon Rookie

[​IMG]

Dont know if this is enough? Couldn't find a way to make a screenshot of my time in game with the temperatures etc also?
    And am i allowed to better my time during the week?

Neawoulf likes this.
  8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Ok now that we've this out of the way I'm wondering how can abs have influence on shifting down gears?! In my case I wasn't able to shave down even though I was on low rpm's so shifting down should be pretty easily and normal.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

In future just press esc after your lap and select back to pits, the bottom or 5th tab will show your lap time and temps. just hit F12 to take a screenshot with Steam. its worth editing the image as well. remove some of the image and scale it up or the info is difficult to read on this website.

You can improve your time as many times as you want before the deadline (see OP)

ABS can influence how the car decelerates, if you decelerate slower you may arrive at the corner still trying to select the desired gear. Alternatively, or perhaps on top of the varying deceleration from different brake % spamming the gear paddle seems to cause problems for the downshift protection, it doesnt shift as early as normal when you spam the paddle.

Enough on this topic anyway, suggestion is there, up to you if you want to try it or not :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Tomcul likes this.
  10. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

20170116_210717.jpg 1:40.852 xbox g920

Love the track but lambo's have never been my favorite cars.
    I think the main problem with the downshift is that this thing does not stop as well as any other car and we are still going to fast to downshift compared to any other car.
    Still having a good time trying to beat these aliens among us.o_O

11. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Started a little late. Those modern Lambos look and sound great, but i still think Ferraris and Porsches are a lot more fun to drive. But i love this V10 sound!

My first laptime this week: 1:38.346 (PC, Wheel)

Screenshot:
    Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull 1 38 346.jpg

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Did few triesx improved by a bit but i swear after Audi R8 the worst car to drive. Still having the shifting down issue!!! Unbelievable!!!

PS4

[​IMG]

Fab85, Graveltrap, Kembro and 2 others like this.
  13. Martijn Joon

Martijn Joon Rookie

Thanks a lot!

Andy-R likes this.
  14. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

1.42.694[​IMG]

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

Kembro, svenvangent and Neawoulf like this.
  15. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

****ty car sry for the bad language but I really Dunno who will buy this instead a proper Ferrari. Really understeery peace of

16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

You can do better mate. Keep the first turn right, Hairpin full throttle in the middle of the corner and the cicanes are really
    Hard to manage in this

I've tried everything with different setups but it's ridiculous how crappy car it is on the "almost"limit.

No way I can beat the top time even tho I've got me on my ghost by 0.3 to max 0.5.

Just keep it smooth.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Improved my time a bit, this time with a video to proof it's not the twin turbo version:

My new time: 1:37.569 (PC, Wheel)

Video:

Screenshot:
    Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull 1 37 569.jpg

It looks and sounds great and for people who just want a nice supercar for the public road it might be the right choice. People who regularly go to race tracks to drive on the limit and hunt for laptimes won't be happy with a Lamborghini. That's not what this car is built for.

Buying a supercar is not just about track performance, it's mainly about emotions and those brutal looking V10s Lambos cause very strong emotions :)

Fab85, Graveltrap, Kembro and 2 others like this.
  18. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Very strong ubdersteer I would say

19. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Yes, very emotional understeer :D I also prefer the Ferraris and Porsches to drive in a sim, but the feeling of sitting in the cockpit of a Lamborghini is special, mainly because of that extreme angle of the windscreen. The only real Lambo i've ever sat in was a 1990s Diablo but it is a very special feeling, very emotional. Of course a sim can't catch that feeling (not even in vr), also it's missing the g-forces and all the sound frequencies of the real car. I like them, but for different reasons than the Porsches or Ferraris.

iwanchek likes this.
  20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Agree with you on the racing aspect. I like them too though even tho I like the ferraries then most bcoz they're alive cars (!!!) you feel every turn, every slide every step of the throttle you as a driver you are alive were Porsche feels to much digital, everything is like tuned for grip grip grip grip and that rocket launch out of the corner. If you drive it proper you'll feel the satisfaction on the end but Lambo is horrible and out of me talks like 50% knowledge and 50% frustration.

Drove F430, 550M (Marsnello), 458 Itally, and I can tell you after that experience I cans say that I did something in my life