1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #15 - Raging Bull

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Damn, did a record get stuck in here?

Kembro and HavanaB0B like this.
  2. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

I'll just leave this here....

http://www.paradigmshiftracing.com/racing-basics/step-by-step-race-car-setup-guide

...edit, that just sounds really smug, i should give it some context. Lots of good stuff in that link regarding maximising grip and how most powerful road cars have a default set up that promotes understeer. I guess the intention is you get a lot more warning you're overdoing it by slowly running out of road than suddenly pointing in the wrong direction into the oncoming traffic :)

It is possible to tune most of the understeer out of this beast although with all four wheels saying otherwise you'll never eliminate it completely

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Graveltrap likes this.
  3. JIJDAN

JIJDAN Racer

1:41.000 - xbox

1.41.000.jpg

4. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Great choice @Graveltrap, I loved the Red Bull Ring! And to race it, nothing better than a "bull".
    Can I join the party? I'm not the best but I think it's a good achievement for me:

Attached Files:

svenvangent, Graveltrap and Kembro like this.
  5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I think my car must be broken....

Please note: I am still learning how to be an idiot (with virtual cars) ;)

Neawoulf, Grijo, Tonydoc10 and 6 others like this.
  6. Understeer shows itself when you are driving clean and fast; pretty much any car will oversteer if you flick it into the turns but that isn't the way to generate good lap times. (at least in my non-talented hands)

7. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

This car just doesn't like to brake and turn at the same time, most cars don't irl. It doesn't help that the braking on this track is very heavy. Just back the corners up 5-10 meters, let the car roll until you spot the exit of the corner and punch it.

MakaveliA7X likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

DonZmeuheu, Fab85, paul_wev and 5 others like this.
  9. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yes it does seem kinda random, finding the sweet spot when braking will help though. I took to shifting a split second after I wanted to and allowing for that with my brake points.

11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

PS4
    T300 RS
    Laptime : 1:37.726
    Same problem with the gears from 3 gear to 2 gear , sometimes I have it and other times I don't annoying I would say .
    Red Bull Ring Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera.jpg

12. Hermanlol

Hermanlol Gamer

Ps4

T150

1:41:067

After lot of laps I just hate this non-turning lambo! :p

[​IMG]

Kembro, Graveltrap and svenvangent like this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

But it doesn't make any sense. First hairpin for example I'm having always problems even tho I brake between those two lines hard sometimes it immediately shifts down to 3rd, chokes on 2nd then when I'm already hiting Apex under breaking then shifts 2nd and late to 1st!

• when you approach the second to last corner (uphill right handed), in that corner I can shift to 2nd every time with no any problem for example (?!)!! The gearbox is inconsistent and finding the"sweet spot"it not easy at it seems bro.

I always brake for the hairpin on the firs line or in the middle of those two 3/5 I get different shift pattern ?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

1:40:558 (PC, Wheel)

[​IMG]

Julian2711, Tomcul, Kembro and 2 others like this.
  15. Turbocharl

Turbocharl Hardcore Simmer

Pretty much close to my limit I think.
    1:37.216
    PS4

image.jpg

Julian2711, Tonydoc10, Tomcul and 5 others like this.
  16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Day 2, Understeer....When you go through the hedge facing forwards!

Current Standings
    1. 1:36.236 - andy-riches - PC
    2. 1:37.216 - Turbocharl - PS4
    3. 1:37.569 - Neawoulf - PC
    4. 1:37.726 - svenvangent - PS4
    5. 1:37.806 - iwanchek - PS4
    6. 1:37.967 - Graveltrap - PS4
    7. 1:38.062 - HavanaBOB - X1
    8. 1:38.345 - Martijn Joon - PC
    9. 1:38.768 - Tomcul - PC
    10. 1:39.299 - MartyBook PS4
    11. 1:39.326 - Pretend racer - PS4
    12. 1:39.434 - MBK72 - X1
    13. 1:39.540 - Arthur-94 - X1
    14. 1:39.932 - OctoberDusk06 - X1
    15. 1:39.990 - Kembro - PS4
    16. 1:39.994 - Grijo - PS4
    17. 1:40.341 - Guillaume C - PS4
    18. 1:40.349 - boabmatic - X1
    19. 1:40.485 - AndyB16 - X1
    20. 1:40.558 - ElPueblo - PC
    21. 1:40.788 - Totall Wrytoff - PS4
    22. 1:40.852 - MakaveliA7X - X1
    23. 1:41.000 - JIJDAN - X1
    24. 1:41.067 - Hermanlol - PS4
    25. 1:41.085 - BobTheDog - X1
    26. 1:42.163 - Laughing Gravy - PS4
    27. 1:42.538 - Straight6lover - X1
    28. 1:42.694 - paul_wev - PS4

Normal service resumed :)

I have to say I really don't know what is going on! andy-riches is out in front once again, we already have 28 on the board. There looks to be some pretty tight battles developing, in several of our "brackets". The car seems to be like Marmite right now :eek:

Spot a problem? Please let me know so it can be fixed!

17. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Could be worse, could be Vegemite.

Pretend racer and Graveltrap like this.
  18. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

1:39.990 - Kembro - PS4
    1:39.994 - Grijo - PS4
    I'm so close to Kembro, oh my god! I'll have to try harder.

Kembro likes this.
  19. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

@Graveltrap, how do you drift so easily? Beautiful! I already tried to do it but I'm like Boswell drifting with Han 's Silvia S-15 in Fast n Furious Tokio Drift. Great video, it showed me why you're a lot faster than me :)

Kembro likes this.
  20. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

1:39.293 MartyBook PS4
    [​IMG]

YES knocked 6 thousands of a second off my previous best. Time well spent then

Seriously though, as I'm finding a setup I like and getting some consistent runs in, this downshift bug is winding me up more and more. I've lost count of the number of promising runs I've lost tonight due to a missed shift.

Gonna sit the rest of this one out I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk