1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #45 - Oldtimer GP

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Aug 20, 2017.

1. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    6m46.118s
    Ps4
    Ds4 controller
    20170822_200937.jpg
    Like buses this. Wait ages for an improvement then two come at once.

2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Day 2, sub 6:30!

4 new entries today brings us to 16 drivers, Hammer gets through the X1 blockade to post the first time on the troublesome console, Perez goes sub 6:30, the clip of the lap is well worth a watch if you haven't already, be warned it could lead to VR temptation :eek:

Current Standings
    1. 6:29.667 - Daniel Perez - PC
    2. 6:37.535 - local_man1234 - PS4
    3. 6:37.547 - Pretend racer - PC
    4. 6:46.118 - moodyryder - PS4
    5. 6:47.373 - Neawoulf - PC
    6. 6:47.689 - DonZmeuheu - PS4
    7. 6:48.418 - Fbrg90 - PS4
    8. 6:57.269 - Laughing Gravy - PS4
    9. 6:57.362 - BrainsBush - PC
    10. 6:59.089 - sissydriver - PC
    11. 7:03.558 - StyleF1re - PS4
    12. 7:11.660 - uelas_77 - PS4
    13. 7:17.149 - Justray2000 - PC
    14. 7:18.285 - Hammerpgh - X1
    15. 7:23.208 - paul_wev - PC
    16. 7:30.098 - Cyberdyne systems - PS4

3. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

7:22:183 - PC

First 2 laps, thought the first was okay but actually very timid and a 7:44. Pushed a little more, found myself gritting my teeth at times but an enjoyable combo. Watching Daniels video makes it look so easy but far from it.

Hotlap 45.jpg

4. Plastic_Manc

7:15:075 - PC - Improvement

Hotlap 45 Update.jpg

5. Plastic_Manc

7:05:685 - PC - Improvement

Onto the softs.

Hotlap 45 Update.jpg

6. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

6:56.956 (Improvement)/ PS4

Assetto Corsa_9.jpg

One of these days I'll get the actual names for each turn/section down...

Recorded a 6:59.9 before switching over to the softs. Kind of bummed I had a 6:54 (or better) lap in hand before throwing it away right before the pit entrance. That said, I feel I'm capable of at least a low 6:50s time with enough attempts. Quite a few major mistakes on this lap, such as nearly losing the car sideways in the first carousel, taking too little speed into the downhill roller-coaster section before the back straight, and getting stuck in neutral for a few seconds navigating the last few turns by the pit area.

7. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I have used Photobucket for ages but the way they are now charging is nuts and means I can no longer use them for things like this so I'll look at Flickr as an alternative. Thanks.

8. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Cyberdyne's post on the previous page indicates he's on the X1?

Cyberdyne systems likes this.
  9. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I should be back in this week ... finally got to the bottom of my issues running AC on PC over the last 3 weeks or so.
    Every lap or so I would get a freeze for 1 or 2 seconds and then it would just jump to where I should have been on the track if it hadn't froze (which usually meant ending up in a wall :mad:
    removed all mods, reverted drivers back , full clean install again. etc....
    Turned out to be a malware trojan on the machine that was running in the background, Windows Defender did not detect it , used MalwareBytes which it found it straight away and removed it.

(This is one of the reasons I stayed with console gaming for so long :D )

Just need to get all the settings/Apps back to what the were and I'll be back battling in the midfield somewhere :)

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

7:22.832 - X1

[​IMG]

After 9 invalid laps and restarts I’ve finally managed to finish one.
    2 weeks!!!!! Think I’ll need 2 months

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk

11. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 6:34.179

20170823_195034.jpg

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

7:08.389 - X1

[​IMG]

Think I could do the first minute of the track blindfolded with all the restarts I’ve done

Can anyone say What the best final ratio to use is plz ?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

6:54,618 improvement :)

6 54 618 45.JPG

smashed into the wall at ex-mühle..... :rolleyes:

sliding and drifting at pflanzgarten... o_O

but survived antoniusbuche :p:p:D:D:cool::cool:

today its enough again - next goal under 6:50 :)

@Lewis - i used the original ratio, it is o.k. for me - rpm limit 105 - this helps in some situation.

at special events i struggled a lot with the porsches - so i think i tried the first 1min with the 911R >6h, dunno exactly but it was endless....:oops:

this track must be learned and it takes months and needs hours of doing lap after lap.

sabine schmitz - youtube - she did >20.000 Laps - she is genious at nords!

14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Ive been lapping this track in Video games since PGR2 on the original Xbox....I still crash on a regular basis :(

15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement ish

7:06.401 - X1

[​IMG]

Failing big time trying to learn this track.

16. StyleF1re

@Graveltrap
    Same game my friend mentioned about with getting acquainted with the Nordschleife. I got to play it in GT4 and later PGR4, the latter of which was ridiculous back in 2007 with the weather options, lack of elevation change, and choice of running the track, even Endurance layout and all, in reverse. Yup, I never beat that special event challenge or whatever because of the reverse setting. But then again, I was pretty rubbish back in the mid-late 00s. That all said, things have come a long way on consoles since those games and even the first GT and NFS High Stakes that I remember playing...

@Lewisxbone
    Only a matter of time before my times are in your rearview mirror. Hopefully I can stay within 25 seconds of @Daniel Perez and maybe 20 of @local_man1234 . Still waiting for @Laughing Gravy , @BrainsBush , and a few others to drop their next improvements too!

17. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    6:54.498 PS4 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18. StyleF1re

19. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

Puh...
    7:30.694
    X1

5e841870-27f8-4d17-84d2-52677ee066e5.PNG

20. StyleF1re

Just did the greatest thing one could probably do for this challenge...

Understeer through the last turn and drift off onto the grass a few yards or so before the finish line. I feel super awesome right now! Probably was a 6:53 or 6:54, but we'll never know since AC replay can't confirm. Can't believe that "lap invalidated" notice came up right before the lap timer reset.

All right. Back to work (at the Nordschleife)!