1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why AC is not a service?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gabox01, Apr 6, 2014.

1. FlatOut_442

FlatOut_442 Rookie

I have to disagree with the OP. iRacing killed a great game and associated mods when it was being developed. I like how this is being handled. No need for a pay to play service.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  2. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

yea, Horus hit it on the head. when it comes for example, to the vast number of mods and tracks available in rfactor 1 and 2, you certainly have a choice as to what you want. I for one, do not accept crap, even when it's free. but frankly, I do get a little tired with the way Iracing is always trying to pick my pocket. every time you turn around it's: "content required, add to cart". also, for what it's worth, I do not like the cars in Iracing very much. exception: Kia Optima,Skippy, and the radical.

3. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

A dedicated online service of the expanse and quality of iRacing is expensive to create and maintain. And in the simracing world it is not too popular. IIBC, iRacing advertises as having 50,000 members (I assume that means "active members" and not members whose memberships have lapsed?).

I would hate to see KS try to some cheap online service in the style of simraceway!
    :eek:

4. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

From my limited online racing experience running in leagues provides the best quality racing. Unfortunately, I don't have time to join a racing league and adhere to their racing schedule and that is why I play iRacing. iRacing has the cleanest online pickup racing. I fear that when AC has MP available any public servers will be a crashfest
    (I would love to be proven wrong by the online pickup racers)
    . :confused:

At this time I am planning to use AC for offline racing.

iRacing for online pickup racing.
    win - win!
    :)

5. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

I also wonder what legal realms we are stepping into with regards to unlicensed cars and the like once Kunos start putting their stamp of approval on things.

6. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Either you have too much money or I have too little. Either way this makes me sad :(

barrelbreak likes this.
  7. JTS

JTS Gamer

I'm one of those "minority prefer single player" racers. I never got into iracing because of it's business model/lack of single player.

I love the fact that AC has a strong dedication to offline racing.

Granted a service based online will be superior overall, but it's too early judge the MP aspect of AC yet. At least it's an option.

I know I'd certainly lose interest if I suddenly had to pay for each new car and track. I'm happy to settle for periodic DLC packs that have content and keep it a fairly even playing field for MP.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's called commercial sense.

9. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Sorry to say, but you are about 5 years late in the iRacing hype.

Michael Springer and Backmarker like this.
  10. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

hehe and many are years behind on their "I hate iRacing (sour grapes)" due to lack of service knowledge

11. Gabox01

Gabox01 Gamer

Exactly mate.
    I'm playing both sims now. AC is new a shiny, but it will probably take another 1,5-2 years until it reaches the maturity of iRacing, expecially when we are talking about online multiplayer. In fact, I doubt it will ever reach that because it's not built around the service model.

Backmarker likes this.
  12. RolledSteel

RolledSteel Rookie

I'm curious how you think a feature that no one has yet to try is 1.5 to 2 years from maturity. Shouldn't that be something we perhaps should try before coming to any conclusions, and I'd even go so far as to say perhaps we should wait until v 1.0 before true comparisons are made.
    You do know what they say about when you assume, right?

Shaddix and Kano like this.
  13. Gary Munson

Gary Munson Racer

AC has a lot of Netkar Pro followers (we've been waiting for years for this) and for purist racing reasons - sim racing is a passion, myself included . AC will not develop into a multi-player crash feast it will not be tolerated by the groups that are formed and will be formed. Yes, been there done iracing and it is not for me. It amuses me when I see posts can we have this can we have that model - well there are games out there that have 1000+ cars all shiny and new waiting to be driven, but none will ever drive like this sim. I would rather have one car that is simulated properly than a garage full of garbage - hell when I first tried Netkar it took me 30 minutes to work out how to start the car. Well, each to there own - enjoy it while it lasts!

Shaddix and Sebastian Wolff like this.
  14. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

well said
    I still have nightmares of the horrible wreckers in online pickup racing of GT5, FM4, and GTR2.
    I did not buy GTR2 until around 2012(?) off of steam. GTR2 being what I consider my first racing sim I expected clean online pickup racing, but it is the same as other simcade racing games. I gave up on GTR2 and I am sticking with iRacing for online racing at this time.

15. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Hmm i had good times in gtr2..
    In race07 it was worse with wreckers Imo.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Backmarker likes this.
  16. TCLF

TCLF Alien

guy's. AC has a modding capeablity. What if we made a mod that runs that multiplayer system (just like the rsr app)

17. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

I had good times in GTR2 for s short time when I was in a GTR2 league and the racing was fantastic!! the online pickup racing is hwere I would always run into wreckers.
    :(

18. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

The iRacing model is really offputting to people new to the genre such as myself.
    I got RACE 07 in a bundlestars bundle, played an hour of it, and then went and spent about £50 on all the DLC. But iRacing's model still really puts me off.

Michael Springer and Backmarker like this.
  19. The fact that they gave us the capability to mod, create and MANAGE ourselves every aspect of the multiplayer is something awesome imho.
    Community driven championships are going to be 10 times better than any standard pre-packaged thingy, IF the community accepts 'em and starts to work cooperatively on them.
    When u'll see AC's (and every other sub community) dedicated community members punishing the real responsible of every reported accident instead of simply kicking you out of a race you're gonna regret those 12$ a month.

20. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

If you can join a league then any racing game will have good online racing. If you are like me too busy with real-life to have to adhere to a league timetable then online pickup racing on the iRacing service cannot be beat.

I had the same feeling when I got into simracing around 2009. However, after being a member of iRacing for the last 2 years I have to say it is worth every. single. penny. :)
    After experiencing I would gladly pay double the iRacing fees to be a member, since the online pickup racing is that good.

Saliiim likes this.