1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why AC is not a service?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gabox01, Apr 6, 2014.

1. DLC, laser scanned tracks, cars...

Patcha likes this.
  2. They´re called Trolls!

troll.jpg

Don´t feed the Trolls!

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

For me, Rise of Flight have the perfect service model. Even you don't buy new planes, you can fight again it.
    Inicial they had plans to develop the modding capability, but somehow, it never rise.
    For AC, I hope for periodic updates and new payed contents. Next generation MP capabilities. For modding, quality aproved mods by KUNOS , for a small feed, for helping the develop team and the mod team, if disared. It will be good for all.

Edited.
    Please no, every one or two years, new game.
    Please no, iRacing monthly payment, no modding capability type

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah i guess we all know that but i guess its quite difficult to decide how many cars & tracks should add in every dlc ?? How many dlc should they release every year & how much should the price to ensure at least make some profit, assume all the existing AC player buy all their dlc.

5. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Kinda like in the flight sim community, where 3rd party modders release various stuff. In AC case, all 3rd party cars and tracks should be approved by Kunos in the end, to assure the quality. Only in this way will we ever receive enough cars and tracks.

6. Horus

Horus Alien

CTR69, that would be silly and pointless. The main reason is that it would take Team Kunos away from creating DLC/upgrades, who is going to police the internet to stop them being released, who is judge, jury and deleter. Modders will release their wares and then the community will vote, give write ups, recommendations just like what we are doing here. The mods will be checked and critiqued by us the community. Also any modder worth their salt listens to the community as it is us that give them the impetuous to be more creative and ingenious.

barrelbreak, Dave Begley and Kano like this.
  7. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I'm very happy there's still differences in markets.
    You choose what you want.

You want iRacing style stuffs? So pay your bill to iRacing.
    You want "classical" simulator? Buy classical simulator.

In my side: I'll never play a game with a periodical fee.
    When I buy something, I want unlimited licence to use!

8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Should be the final answer on this topic! Glad to see this comment :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

9. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

Kunos can't do that. Endorsing (unlincensed) mods would give rise to various legal issues.

Snarffu likes this.
  10. Gabox01

Gabox01 Gamer

I myself not 100% happy with the iRacing pricing model, so a future AC service could definitely do better in this area.

But it is not as pricey as you think.

Although iRacing offers various cars/tracks, you don't have to buy each. Before the season, you decide which league you want to race, and buy that 1-2 cars, and x number of tracks for that league/season. This is like in real life, where you don't jump in and out from cars, but stick to the one you have chosen to drive for the season.

What you buy is yours forever, the only thing that you pay monthly is the service subscription fee. You can always wait for discounts, as in my case, because I'm currently enjoying a 3 month subscription for 1 month price. The only cars I bought so far are the skip barber and the RUF, but after trying the RUF, i already feel that I'm going to stick with that car for the next 1-2 years.

If you do it like this, it will be cheap. But this is only the present. Some of you may don't realize that this genre is facing a big boom. The rift will come out sometime this year, and that's going to be a game changer for sim racing. As more and more people get attracted to the service, competitor will shows up, and the prices will go down.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

since when is this a "iracing pricing, how to play iracing without losing all your money, but just 90% of it." thread

Michael Springer and Delqvs like this.
  12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

As long as it is original content created by the modder , yes. And that is the critical issue with the RBR track ported by Kegetsy - he did not port content he had created himself, but used content that he did not own.

Please understand this:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/about-tracks-models-conversions.4551/

rFactor and GTR2 are probably the most modded racing games there are. Much of what was released for the one, sooner or later was transported to the other. As long as that was original work by the modders who then allowed or did the work themselves to transport it to the other game, that is fine. But many tracks for example were coming from GT Legends - and releasing them for GTR2 or rFactor, formally was a violation of property rights, since SimBin has not given up its formal ownership of this content.

For that reason a very good looking Nordschleife mod for some game has been brought do9wn short before it was released by the mod group doing it - becasue they based their verison on origional content by simBin track.

13. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

If AC would offer the iRacing online structure, I'd happily pay 5 euro's every month.

But I appreciate Kunos is smart enough not to go the iRacing route. The pond in which the simulation software fishes is quite small. iRacing, rFactor, GSC, RaceRoom all more or less have the same target audience. iRacing aiming on the higher echelons of simracers, and RR on the lower ones.

AC is aiming as well on the much much bigger Forza/GT crowd (just search some topics to see how many ex-forza players are here!). Smart move commercially. Going down an iRacing route would alienate 90% of the current userbase. Also remind yourself about the hotted debates on dlc packs that are announced. Imagine the debates if Kunos would say AC will cost you 1 dollar per month from now on. It would kill the sim.

Second, Kunos' business model is durable, imo. Large target audience (Luca said on Twitter the AC forum already has 25.000 registered members.. extrapolate that to actual sales on Steam, 100.000?), and upcoming dlc's should provide a solid revenue stream, providing Kunos enough income to keep developping AC for 5 years.

Let's not forget what a bargain this is already. More cars than complete iRacing garage, a decent set of tracks, for a one time 34,99 euro's. I love it.

14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

AC is aiming iRacing and rFactor people as well. Is aiming everyone who is looking for the future simracing generation.
    I have been on this hobby (online Racing) for more than 10 years now.
    Lets the good times come back again!

Michael Springer and Cote Dazur like this.
  15. Gabox01

Gabox01 Gamer

AC is very likely to stay what it is now, a box game.
    However, I would be very surprised if the next title of Kunos would still follow this model.

16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it still doens't mean that AC could not take some parts of what makes iracign great as their inspiration,

AC physcis and feel of driving cars is better then iracign, visuals much better,
    but where iRacing wins ( at this point) is the whole MP experience, number of cars, especially number of tracks

we shall see what future brings

but I can still honestly say, that as it stands right now, people still have reason to buy into iracing,

if AC was to offer same/similar enough MP experience, with more tracks (payed DLC) and no subscription, people will have very little reasons to stay in iracing , or even more so new people to chose iracing instead of AC

marlo0081 likes this.
  17. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

AC FOR LIFE..... i thought gran turismo was the truth, i didnt want nothing else, i built my pc and had 5 down on gt6 then i saw AC early access, so i bought in blindly hoping i didnt make a bad decision. Man was i not disappointed, first off the game is still in an unborn state and made me divorce gt for good, these guys are great at what they do and im sure they want to take care of us, its there business.

i will buy all dlc to support them and cause im a content whore, but i see no need to jump ship to any other racer with mod the community and dlc this is where im gonna be. who knows where they or we can take it. maybe they will add karts or rally, maybe not who cares these guys are awesome, so grab your wheel and get ready for an awesome ride with kunos, or ill never see you guys at iracing :D

18. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Well, AC's also got nothing on their oval content. On the road side, AC's not got as much variety of slower dedicated racing cars, but has way more street cars (22 road cars on iR, a couple more if you count the RUFs separately).

For the price, AC gives you about as many tracks as you'd have on iR, give them 7 years of development and maybe they can match the track roster through DLCs.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Backmarker likes this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well AC has modding capabilities, so quite a bit of content coudl come from modding - unlike iR,

but hard to tell how well with physics hold out for oval tracks

20. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I'm not a hater, but there are several reasons NOT to:
    • Sometimes you want to play other things
    • Travel
    • Overwhelmed by work the entire month
    • Tired of video games for a while
    So in these cases, you would be paying for something that you are not using.
    Some people even see this as a good thing, but not me.

Now DLC, in case of quality content like Kunos does, I will buy them all.
    Because when I want to play, the content will always be there for me.

But, if Kunos want to provide a extra service, like good quality servers and charge a fee to participate in a official championship for example, then I wouldn't mind.
    Because this wouldn't get in the way of their customers, but would be there for the hardcore sim racers if they want.