1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why AC is not a service?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gabox01, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

he is probably an agent sent by some other people for clouding people's minds :) anything and everything he says is bad for AC and devs. is there a chance to block certain people and never see their messages? i'd like something like that.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  2. Horus

Horus Alien

Sorry I do not agree with you Schubert. No matter, it is only our personal opinion. :)

3. Kano

Kano Rookie

This is what i am hoping for and indeed why I have signed up for forums such as this in order to build a network of like minded people to race with.

Old Geezer and Horus like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Click on name select IGNORE! :)

5. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Because you wouldn't be able to buy it forever.:rolleyes:
    That's a fate of iRental.

6. Right now I'm doing an online championship with a 100 minutes race every 15 days with live streaming, human pace car, 2 real commentators and a team of 3 analizing races after finish to take cair of penaltys. During other days of the week we have at our desposal two dedicated servers hosted on a professional company to practice. We are around 30 simracers on this championship and around 60 regularly active on our comunity and usualy there ins't more than 2 sec per lap between first and last. We even get ocasional fun races, sometimes 2 ou 3 a week, acording to our will with game and car we choose.
    By all of this we pay less than 15 euros a year.
    Like our comunity there's hundred of others just as good with games and car types to every taste. And a lot of them are totally free.
    To me, Iracing is offering a bad service for a lot of money and I'm glad Kunos didn't went that way.
    Don't get me wrong but it seems there's a lot of ignorance by "Iracers" of what online racing is outside Iracing. Quality a quantity speaking.

7. crimespree

crimespree Racer

I will play whatever drives the best. For me the iRacing handling has never felt realistic past the limit. All the bells and whistles of online tournaments can't make up for that.

Michael Springer and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I talk A he think B and then want to ignore people some more. What an interesting species.

Horus likes this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

As Einstein put it “Intelligent life on other planets? I'm not even sure there is on earth!” :D

Lazybug likes this.
  10. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I think everyone should cool it a minute.
    1) This is not iRacing, nor does it want to be, nor should it be. Diversity is good for the industry. Or you want the simworld to turn out like what BF/CoD is turning the modern shooter into with all their f2p, p2w and paid clones?
    2) It has been confirmed that AC will be updated in the long run
    3) Kunos have proved to be fairly open to input and this is 2014 after all so it would be suicide for them not to be. We are well into the "Connected" era where everyone is just a couple touchscreen taps away. You can expect refinements of the multiplayer aspect for the game down the line even if at first it will be somewhat crude. Feedback will make sure it will move in the right direction. Have some patience,
    4) No matter how good your product/service is, you can't satisfy everyone

11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Beam me up Scotty! ;)

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

3 pages and no further comment from Mr Gabox....

13. Horus

Horus Alien

He's most probably busy playing iceRacing. ;)

Michael Springer and The Moose like this.
  14. yohnsy

yohnsy Gamer

What iRacing has that AC don't, is celebrity endorsement. Clearly, it is more popular nowadays because some NASCAR racers are their customers. I tried iRacing, and to me it is too American-centric for my taste. The community there is rather unforgiving, "do you know this is a sim racing?" "This is not NFS!" Oh sure, we know alright? We managed to download and install it!

Well, they say it is a good way to get rid of quitters, bad seed, from tainting the already good community there. But ultimately, it will nurture divisive fanboyism attitude. Another similarly very difficult bunch is F-16 Sim Falcon 4.0 Benchmark Sims mod. I was able to get in there, because I was passionate enough to learn through it and from previous experience with another high-fidelity sims. But I simply avoid iRacing. Dealing with lonely fanboys insulting newbies and calling other players/gamers names in BMS is already enough.

So, iRacing, I kinda like the American approach to the look and feel of the software, I like the interface, a button looked like a button, you'll know in an instant which part is text and which is selectable options, the sessions feels very dynamic. And since it is a simulation, you don't get much eye and ear candy instead of the realistic feel. In short, the Spartan approach, but in nicer package. You'd feel good playing it, you'll feel that you are not wasting your time doing something useless. It makes you believe that you can do it in real-life.

Meanwhile, Assetto Corsa feels very European, yet accommodating. I never liked European software, been working with IT audit and implementation a couple of times. They have a rather technical interface, very not user friendly, bad design (not fluid enough, lack of soft touch), too many features that will most likely remain hidden, if they try fancy UI - mostly it ended up being too gimmick. You can see the difference between games released by JoWood/Ubisoft vs. EA/Activision. As a serious person, I prefer European content, but as a normal human being, I like American UI. AC nearly delivers both. So I pick AC.

Many doubted AC's realism. "OMG! Where do they got the data for these new cars? That must be fake placeholders!" is the most common criticism. I think it is jealousy. I can only trust Kunos' reputation in this. Everyone has their own approach into playing simulation games. Staunch defenders of their way will of course promote their own ideas. For example: the Americans always maintained their own stealth aircraft design principles and quick to denounce others' stealth characteristics claim, until they found out that even rounded or curved surfaces may also deflect radar waves. They once thought that cars should be massive in size, have a wobbly suspension, and features oversized tail fin where you put all the rear lights. I am not saying that it is wrong, but they should know that there is always another way to look at something.

15. Horus

Horus Alien

Like the famous (but massively erroneous) claim that NASA spent millions designing a pen for astronauts to use in space. Yet the Russian just took a pencil. Design to engineering and most things in-between should all follow the simple yet clean K.I.S.S. Complexity causes confusion and a lack of usability, but I do not think this is a national thing, more a poorly implemented understanding of the functionality of a product or service.

I'm not far off subject there then. :rolleyes: :p :D

Old Geezer likes this.
  16. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Well we are unforgiving aswell, just look at this forum or virtualr. We need to point out that AC isnt Gran Turismo or Forza and some of them think, console racer have the same level of simulation. In that case any racing sim com will destroy console players ideas, because we are right. Doesnt matter if iR, rF2, AC, even pCars guys..

Your example: Hitler build the first Nurflügler/flying wing with stealth technic and design called "Horten H IX" while the second worldwar. The americans claim that they were the first with their B2 thing haha. We germans are kinda the pioneers when it comes to new things ;)

Michael Springer likes this.
  17. Horus

Horus Alien

Pie n ears? [​IMG]

ov1diu and dubbsta78 like this.
  18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

looks tasty

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

He has just moved to a different thread, but still the same story. LOL

ov1diu, TCLF and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  20. Gabox01

Gabox01 Gamer

stop watching me :eek:

Horus likes this.