1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dek

dek Racer

Runs great,no issues.

2. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Still get freezes.,been happening since 1.06.
    This first one was in hotlap first lap through eau rouge. Lasted until radillion. No AI, crazy.

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

just amazed at the new tire model... can't praise it enough!
    Also the TC feels pretty good too!

Pretty awesome patch release

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Best post ur log file so ppl can see maybe whats going on.

5. MABR

MABR Gamer

My CPU seems to be under more load. At least it gets on average 5°C warmer than with 1.06. I also have stuttering in the multiplayer. What it did not exist before in this form. The rest of the update is great. I think you can now play nicely with the brake and use the Kurbs as a wider track. The FFB is not so aggressive on the curbs anymore, but more detailed. And maybe it's the placebo effect, but I feel more tyres and suspension. Aggressive overbraking in Spa la source is finally fun without getting stuck on the curbs. :D

6. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Works pretty well just did a 2 hour leauge race with no issue's and the kerbs do punish if needed like right here

Son likes this.
  7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The tyre model update is outstanding.
    Very much increased predictability and compliance in all situations, with handling depending much more of suspension settings and much less of tyre collision.
    Suspensions, tyres and track have an improved cohesion that is much noticeable when driving, from braking to acceleration, passing by how understeer or oversteer is felt and controllable.

The best part, for me, is that it seems to make even more noticeable how different each car is from the others and, also, how it didn’t swallowed all the kerbs, making them redundant, because, if abused, they continue to unsettle the car enough to cause a spin or having to swiftly control the car to avoid the spin.

Eau Rouge right kerb still can cause a spin if abused, just like the abuse of the left kerb on Variante Ascari exit can still send the car to a quick left spin.

Si. and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Really? tc is worse, kerbs negligible difference.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Great update, tyre model changes are very nice. No need to drive around certain issues anymore. Was very happy with how well this change has worked out.

Nice to see a ping indicator ingame now but I had to ask people on discord how to see this. I cant see it at all as its right behind my wheel hub so we really need ways to move hud elements. I cant see the messages or ping info due to their odd choice of location.

At least the info is there moving it later will hopefully be an option.

The live gaps to others in a race seem to have got much worse. Almost useless if gaps are larger. I had no idea if I was 8 10 30 or 50 seconds behind as thats the gap I was seeing in a wet race after I stopped for wets.

I still dont understand why many cool features are going to be locked away behind private "password" servers. I think with ratings we could even run semi open league series. Have the regular forum based league but keep it open for those that just want to join casualy but fit the server requirements.

The blancpain series pretty much is run using this model as many teams only do a few races even if they dont commit to a full season.

Regarding allowing servers to stop escape to pits, this would be as welcome in public servers as private ones. Its public servers where its more of an issue with people setting a qualy lap then slamming on brakes escape to pits and have another go.

Features like tyre limits and dq from session if escaping to pits would increase quality of public servers that would use this. For servers closed at race I would rather people be allowed to join as spectators then blocked from entry. Give spectators a button to join server in the next session without having to leave and rejoin.

For example CP servers allowing people to join as a spectator and wait for a race to finish, is better then people sitting in lobby smashing the refresh button. If people saw a list of all cp servers in action then they could see when races will finish easier.

Still no effect on us down under as we dont have any CP servers. We are also limited in what we can do with public servers being mostly pushed into running private servers if we want something more serious. End result there may be no decent public servers in the region. :eek:

The lobby seems to load much quicker but still weights have little effect and we cant filter out high ping servers. I pretty much just search for servers as the lobby is 90% 300+ ping servers with the odd local servers hidden amongst the noise. I rarely even see or can find both the servers I help run in the list.

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I read here people praising the new TC, how does it differ from the previous version?

11. Oscar1900

Oscar1900 Racer

Magic I tell you. It is just magic ;)

I did two 20 minutes races full grid, 6X time starting at 7:00 PM. One race at Silverstone and one at Spa. Both using the 2018 Bentley since that's what I've been driving recently. I'm not a fast driver but I was faster in both tracks than I was yesterday. 1:59,4 at Silverstone and 2:20.8 at Spa. For both races I used the Aggressive Setup with only fuel changes: 37l for Silverstone and 38l for Spa.

The kerbs feel so nice as people have mentioned. Looking at the replay I can see where I left time on the table b/c I was still using the same line as before.

The TC, wow. That is a big difference for me too. Coming out of corners I felt faster with the same TC settings.

CPU performance was about 5% to 8% better for me. Running between 38% and 45%.

Johngrim64 likes this.
  12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

To me it seems less intrusive, giving more room for the driver to keep in control before becoming noticeable that it’s there, but probably because I use a low TC (in dry track, 2 and 3, 1 in some cases), don’t find it as relevant as the tyre model.
    I’m certain that in wet track conditions, with a higher TC use, will make a visible difference.

13. Oscar1900

Oscar1900 Racer

I find it much less intrusive. In the Bentley I use between 1 and 2. But even at 2 before the TC intervened quite a bit with my driving style. Now I feel it is so much more out of my way.

Edit: typo

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its less intusive especially at lower levels, before a small slide at the rear on exit would cause power to cut quite hard even at 1 or 2 tc. Now in the low settings you get some help from the electronics but can use throttle control more and get some wheelspin out of corners.

ignission likes this.
  15. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I know how you feel and the game left early access 2 months ago, but still no pit-crew.

Mike1304 likes this.
  16. dangerranger

dangerranger Rookie

Curbs feel great now.

Found myself in a lot of slides, possibly because I have played in about a month, or due to some sort of changes in handling. Slides felt much easier to catch, managed to not spin the Lexus in the Hungaroring hotstint event, despite losing the rear end many times and drifting my way through a lot of corners.

Didn't pay much attention, but performance seemed a little worse. My computer isn't exactly the best though (i5 6600, RX580).

17. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Aristotelis

Ehm... Maybe it's all a placebo effect, but can you confirm or deny this?

I've had less than 2 hours for now with 0.7.
    I've found that cars are bottoming much more than before, talking about stock setup.

But (and here i would you opinion) i feel this not only on big compression like eau rouge or Brands 's T1, but also braking hard on straight line.
    Or better, bottoming or not, now to me seems like that during hard braking, the cars tends to lower to the ground even more than before. Like if springs and all suspension in less stiff, I don't know.
    Sometimes bottoming, sometimes not but... Buh...
    Tbh, i like this "effect", real or not, placebo or not, to me seems like the car is more live.

Am i dreaming?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    f_deutsch likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Rolz likes this.
  20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Ok, but is this the case also during hard braking (and not only on track compressions)?

Have you notice this, for example at the end of Monza straight or spa straight?

Also, i've run only with safe setup and little amount fuel for my tests.