1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

Normal behaviour on some servers.
    As an admin, we have the opportunity (option) to block the possibility of joining a race already started. Which seems logical to me.

If you can rejoin the track, the option is not enabled but yes you can't change the setup. Another normal behaviour.
    Setups must be changed during P or Q, not in Race.

ryszard.zukowski likes this.
  2. After a lot of testing I've to say:
    AWESOME WORK @KUNOS :) I love it.

Just one thing: It seems to be bring up an alredy fixed bug. If the leader don't start or fall back the race will not started at the line or the race will just as soon the leader (qualy) cross the line. No matter on which position.
    It might be related to the 1.0.6 server I'm driving on.

Greets After_Midnight

3. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

First of all, thanks for the great update, it seems a step forward in all respects....well, except:

Not having access to the setup menu during a race session is rather unfortunate/inconvenient for a few reasons:
    - You can't see the your tyre temps/wear/damage without having to wait until the next session.
    - If you made changes to your setup before the race, then decide you like them and want to keep them, you have to wait until the next session.
    - New people joining a server mid-race can't load their setup at all.
    - You can no longer use a race session for working on changes to your setup

I appreciate that in the purest form of a multiplayer race that none of these should matter (you can't change your setup mid-race in a real race, you can't join in mid-way during a real race, and you should be racing till the end of the session) but for the purposes of a group of league racers wanting to have somewhere to gather for some practice; some working on setups, others doing full length race simulations, some just passing the time doing some laps until the next race rolls around, its a bit of a major downgrade.

Obviously, we could just run a long practice session, but that deprives the more committed people from getting to do an actual race, or we could split between two servers (one with Q and R and one with just P) but that scatters everyone around. Its never been an issue for us in the past having people changing their setups mid-race (since the time spent resetting deprives you of a change at a good result), nor people joining mid race (we are usually in a passworded server, or a high SA rated public server with active admins, so people joining mid-race are well behaved).

@Minolin Could we perhaps have an option in the server config to disable 'No setup during race' for such purposes? In the same way we have "isRaceLocked": 0, or perhaps have the existing "isRaceLocked": 0 also re-instate the ability to access the setup menu.

arkoudadis, Niko 4 and Oblit0r like this.
  4. Si.

Si. Simracer

Nice job, 10 seconds quicker in the Aston SRO event :) 2 secs per lap). The Aston feels much better to me now, mostly due to TC changes I expect plus now that I have confidence with the Kerbs I can attack a bit more. Looking forward to trying out my favourite, the Lambo.

5. Leclettico

Leclettico Gamer

Please, please, please!
    The simulation on circuit is almost perfect.
    But, please, in offline section make possibile that the 1st can overtake the lapped cars and the blue flag make sens for IAs.
    Will be the perfect title on the road.

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, the current behaviour is a glitch. Though we have to provide tools to prevent setup changes in a race, but this is again private server stuff (and hopefully comes with a "no teleport" friend option).

7. one very important thing that for me should be implemented: dq if you press "go to pit" (from pause menu) during a race.
    it is not important for public races.
    But it is crucial for leqgues or live events.
    It always weird to see cars disappearing also if it is just free practice.
    In the end, I would give the possibility to enable dq for go to pits for those who are going to broadcast.
    Can you please implement this?
    And thanks! I'm am officially in love with you guys

edit: I mean, for those who watch a live event, it immediately shows it is just a game. Not only. if you have to come back to pits anytime it will be a lot more difficult during qualifying. please add this possibility. This could open to things like safety car in the future (far future)

pps: i heard someone said somewhere something about 1.0.8. where?

grrdabrr, Chriss and chksix like this.
  8. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Guys, is there an API document describing the shared memory changes in this build?

9. Mjolnir1

Mjolnir1 Rookie

What about the Porsche Cup car, does it have the new tyre model or not? Im asking because I cant seem to keep it on the track, especially not the kerbs, actually for me its worse than with the other cars before 1.07b (I know Im a terrible driver, but still... lol)

Disclaimer: Havent really driven the Cup Porsche much at all before so dunno if it changed any...

And I love the new update (just not the Cup car lol) tyvm Kunos!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  10. edcoronag

edcoronag Gamer

Great update!

Definitely many issues are gone with the 5-point model!

Thanks for the hard work Kunos!

P. D. Please somebody help Jim Britton! He'll bring great stuff to us ... @Aristotelis ?

Turbo_Dad, ignission, Napo24 and 3 others like this.
  11. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

It has a new tyre model for sure. I drove it before and first car after update - could take the curbs with little issues. :) But that car is not easy to drive at all. :)

12. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Just opt out of the beta and test to see how it was before the update.

Mjolnir1 and Napo24 like this.
  13. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Just heard that my league has tested and really likes the new beta so we’ll be using it this weekend. First time on the beta branch for me, really looking forward to trying out the new updates!

ignission likes this.
  14. bullet800

bullet800 Gamer

What happens to RC rating? Still frozen on 56 points. Or rating disabled?

15. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

All GT3 cars have traction control. Porsche Cup car does not have traction control. Maybe this is the reason. ;)

Mjolnir1 likes this.
  16. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

It is still disabled. Check status here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-cp-server-changes-in-advance-to-1-0-7.58812/

XettMan and bullet800 like this.
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I noticed in the car showroom there are still the slow loading textures.
    Had an issue when it started raining at hungaroring it started raining at night and got stutters when it started. Do think it happened at zolder though

18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Regarding TC, is it normal that or kicks in during the long right turn before Ascari (Monza).
    Was driving the merci , TC was 2 or 3 , don't remember how the grip.

I encounter a lot of understeer at spa After about 20 min of race. Like front tires weare was high. I was not able to check the wear After the race.
    Dors tire've got more sensible wear ?

Otherwise great update . Some freeze on MP but maybe due to 1.0.6 server ?

19. Kurvz

Kurvz Rookie

Wow what a massive amount of things in this beta, glad to hear of the TrackIR implement, unfortunately its very jittery for me :( smooth as silk but double screens and jitters :(