1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefan Lemke

Stefan Lemke Racer

hm this update is good...but not for the porsche...lost 1 sec without any changes in setup on silverstone and winner is bmw i think...now i must search the second in the setup...

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I was saving this for a special occasion. I was thinking when I get a real taste of ACC on the completion of my new rig however I just gotta say.....

For me it is by far your best update yet Kunos :cool:

A few things that excite me :)

I was able to bump up to 29 AI and run a 2 am session with the opponent viability set to 'All' and qualy just ran so buttery smooth and well above 60 FPS. To my surprise the night time running and the extra AI run just as good as daytime running.

Excellent. No more up-shifting on un-pausing whilst using a GPAD.

Sweet as. The smaller HUD is great for people like me with a small single monitors. Much appreciated. I did find a little one here with the UI. 80% applied shows 79%. LWW does this also for 10% and I have a previous issue thread for it.

What a massive difference. I could already feel the car nicely on the GPAD and now I just have even more feel and for a GPAD driver this is bloody fantastic. Entry into Les Combes on the RH kerb was always a dicey one and now I can just smash it up and the car behaves really nicely with no sudden and unexpected maneuvers :cool:

An even bigger surprise for me is the new TC. Aris said he wasn't happy with it and he bloody hell he brought the goods once again. You really smashed it mate, well done. The TC is now beautiful like butter :cool:

Nice, this should tidy up those chaotic MP starts a little.

Oh one thing I noticed in this build is the Luxus Race-logic digital display is not working.

Great work Kunos dev team. You guys put up with a lot of sh!t. For a person who can't go racing for real, thank you for making my dreams a reality :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  3. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

I'm getting without the beta 90fps minimum (to about 110) with a full grid on the same processor and clock speed with constant high usage. Try lowering res scale to isolate your cpu, your gpu may be the limiting factor - the chip should do 60+fps easy.

4. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Just now at a Spa race I started 7th, and on the first lap going onto Kemmel straight 5 cars in front of me went off and disappeared into the ground- Funny! But I lost 2 SA points as a result- Not funny!

bgil66 and After_Midnight like this.
  5. Default

Default Racer

Done some MP races in this new build. Everything works nicely. Overall gained some tenths compared to before, it just feels better. All I can say is thank you!

6. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@pankykapus
    @Minolin

Sorry to bother you guys, but could you please look at this request if possible?
    It would be great to be on track with Clair again.

Thanks in advance.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have seen this behavior in the past. When I went back to the lobby I noticed the server had changed the track so maybe the server admin pulled the pin or the server dropped out. I'm not sure. I kind of now how you feel loosing unexpected SA points. I once lost 3 points in a SP restart as there is a 2 second delay after you select restart and the AI must have hit me. I can laugh about it now :)

8. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

There definitely was something wrong with the server because all but 5 cars quit, but the race went on to the end and I actually won it. Insult to injury! Thinking about covering SA with masking tape on my rift.

9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

The only thing that caught me by surprise and got me DQ'ed twice in a Sprint race was this:

- MFD now displays mandatory pit stop requirements in relevant game modes on the pit strategy page.
    NOTE: it also displays whether the selected options meet the requirements and thus count towards a valid mandatory pit stop.

Driver changes were done automatically before so I didn't have to worry about it. I got DQ'ed from the race and couldn't understand why until i ran a test session and realized the MFD was saying my mandatory pitstop was invalid until I manually changed the driver.
    There's no way to do this prior to the race in the pit strategy section of the setup so I suppose it now has to be done manually every time during the race. No big deal but I preferred it to be automatic.

The new tire model and everything else in this update is amazing. Great job guys :)

pigsy, F1Aussie and earlyapex like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I just had a great race with the Ai at Spa. Trading positions back & forth in some real close and clean racing. The new tyre model and kerb behavior gave me a lot more confidence to brake a little later and attack in areas I would normally be hesitant and the new TC was just the beautiful icing on the cake. ACC, the best $10 I ever spent :cool:

CKraegel likes this.
  11. Me too mate. Twice :p before I've figured out how is it working now :)

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. steeltom

steeltom Rookie

The 488 lost traction? With my old setups the car is now a beast in gear 1 and 2 exiting chicanes like the 2nd in Monza and 180 turns like turn two in Brands Hatch using TC 5 which was alredy high.

Maybe someone have a source for a more sensible right foot, but its hard to change the driving style.

13. swigaffu

swigaffu Racer

The same in the career.
    Pit Stop => continue => Pit Window close => DQ! :p
    Now I understand it and find this option great.:):)

cooknn and After_Midnight like this.
  14. PTR83

PTR83 Rookie

Oke did some practice in the Gallardo @Barcelona. And from what i can feel is that you can take the inner curbs better then before although i still had a massive slowdown at the right front in corner 9. But the weather was light rain, so maybe it was just a slight. The curbs at the idiotic chicane are off-course still a no-go. :p

Then did a online race in the Gallardo and i noticed that the excessive sliding is still there especially at corner 4. Is this a setup issue, driver fault, tyre physics or .....? I have the same issue at corner 11 but that seems more like a drivers fault. You really need to let the car settle before turning in, which combined with my love for trailbraking is not always happening....

15. JanR

JanR Gamer

First things first:
    Thanks to anyone involved at Kunos for getting out this patch - as many of us already have written the driving feels even better than before and you now have the confidence to use (not abuse) the kerbs without having to expect a big off.

Regarding the disqualifying after a not sufficient mandatory pit stop - I just got DQ'ed in career because after the (successful) mandatory pit stop the second driver apparently exceeded his maximum driving time in the last lap of the race. Apparently some AI drivers were DQ'ed as well, their names were highlighted with a red background in the results view.

This leads to two questions on my side (couldn't find any official information unfortunately for the current season, I only found one pdf with the 2018 rules):
    1. Is there such a thing as maximum driving time in sprint races (which the career should consist of, if I am correct)? The document I found (see link above) only mentions these time limits regarding stint lengths for the 3h+ races. For 1h races it even mentions entries consisting only of one driver - here adhering to any maximum stint length shorter than the race length would of course not be possible at all.
    2. Should we get DQ'ed for exceeding the maximum stint time at all? In the document I found (s. link above) it mentions a drive-through or stop-and-go (depending on the amount of time the stint was too long), or adding a penalty time of 60 seconds post race, if the stint length was exceeded during the last 10 minutes of the race).

I hope my points became clear and are not received as nitpicking on not essential points. In the end I'd see clearing up the reasons for disqualification as rather important, though.

Edit: I hope I am correct asking this question in this thread. But if I understand the changelog correctly, this strict enforcing of maximum stint lengths was added with this 1.0.7 (but should have been only for endurance events, which I think the career is not using, or is it?)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Keep up the good work.
    Can‘t wait to see a VR section in an upcoming update-changelog though...
    Or animated pitcrew (in VR)...

swigaffu, Raklödder and rycil like this.
  17. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

Great update guys!

Just noticed some things:

Hungaroring: got pit notification at the start of the race on main straight.

When in pits and automatic transmission - car won't go from neutral to 1st gear on its own, I have to press ShiftUp to start driving.

18. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

After loading a saved game in custom championship i get disqualified at the end of the race for not making the mandatory pit stop. but i made it.

19. Now it seems I'm running in massive performance issues :( While my system was able to run 28AI at Spa quite well and good performance in multiplayer 1.0.6 I've had massive FPS drops and stuttering out of sudden in both game modes. (1.0.7)
    Sometimes it becomes unplayable.

Observation via Afterburner (Rivatuner):
    CPU/Single core: max 85%
    GPU: max 85%

Should I do a complete reinstall. o_O
    All other games run like before.

20. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

This update sounds amazing... I hope we get it released soon :)

Gopher04 likes this.