1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Simulation or game?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Luigi Gianni Vollaro, Nov 21, 2013.

?

Would you like Assetto Corsa to be more of a simulation or have more arcade elements?

1. Keep it an accurate simulation in as many ways as possible

392 vote(s)
    92.0%
  2. A simulation, but with arcade like elements

33 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. An arcade game with a but more of a simulator driving 'feel' is fine

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I think most of us know that tires provide maximum grip with certain small sliding, which is what you are describing as well

however Luigi said it exactly like I feel sometimees in some games ( like iRacing)
    I would be sad to see AC going this route as well , which at this moment isnt' the case. I do quite like it so far, especially certain cars feel really good (Lotus Eleven, Formula Abarth, )

let's see how it's progessing
    but for me realistic simulator would be things that make it "real" .. rather then physic alone

speaking of starting up car using switches in cockpit for example ( like Flight Simulator X or MS flight )
    realistic racing rules / penalties

2. Zorg

Zorg Gamer

That would be cool to have in AC.

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

4. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Luigi, about tyre grip limits on motorcycles, i've found out it really depends on the brand and sometimes the tyres assuming we're talking withing the same range of tyres ofc.

Some tyres, warn when reaching the limit - wide slip peak angle - while others grip until no more rubber and it is usually scary :)

Hence why i like Bridgestones on my motorcycle - i do ride ALL year long and they just simply work in all conditions... except mud. I tried though... and failed :)

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

5. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I used to be a Bridgestone fan, but reading the reviews Michelin Pilot Sport seems to be the tire I'll be buying in the spring. Possibly Pirelli, very dry where I am, so don't need the wet weather performance.

Don't get me wrong I still slam the car into the barrier backwards at 100 km/h in AC, but it's when I'm pushing 100%. Love that. :) Whoops to much curb! Like Perez was it qualifying at Interlagos? :D

Patrik Marek likes this.
  6. Pogma

Pogma Rookie

Yep, but that tyre model is gone from AC, unless you force a drift, however, in netkar, GSC 2012/13 and also some of Simbins cars+Power and Glory, the tyres will break rear traction and be relatively controllable under throttle.
    GSC 2013's Camaro is probably the best example of this.

I also agree with you wrt ABS, as with all my other sims, I only ever activate auto-clutch, but would be embarrassed to ever apply either ABS or any level of TC, but AC is very unfriendly with ABS off with G27, and I struggle to find much diff with TC on or off, though it seems like the rear wheels will "chirp" but never fully break traction into controllable slide unless you hook the rear free into drift mode.

I should mention that this is shaping up to be a worthy racing game and works very well with my G27, but it's no netkar or GSC killer.

Avoletta likes this.
  7. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

The presence of arcade elements is not a problem at all. Much the opposite, it will be useful to improve the sales to the casual gamers and keep the project alive.

Look at GTR2 and its legacy (Race ON and others) can be a simulator if want so (all aids off, no FFB filters, etc) or they can be an arcade for casual gamers if you choose the Arcade mode (it's explicit, with this name).

I think there's no problem to allow a "light" mode for non-hardcore users, it's even desirable for commercial purposes, since that you also have a pure simulation with no filters / adds at all to enthusiast customer.

To achieve a pure simulation option you need a) a physx engine that allows real simulation it and b) the will to make it, I think both conditions are covered here.

8. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Before I vote, what do you consider arcade? I've seen people consider some pretty ridiculous stuff as being arcade, like driving tracks backwards.

9. l2l

l2l Gamer

I was saying this in my posts. I repeat I don't want make polemics, I'm here just to give feedback and try to be useful.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

Exactly, that's what I'm trying to explain in all my posts (and other people as well). It's completely different than real life, and other sims. I heard that some people responsible for the Netkar Pro physics werent involved with Asetto Corsa, I could be wrong, but if it's true maybe that's part of the problem. At the moment, Netkar Pro from like 7 years ago is miles ahead of AC in terms of pure handling dynamics. Even the first version of Netksr Pro (it was updated throughout it's life) was much, much better. It's just how the physics engine/tyre model was from it's foundations. Drive any car in NK Pro, or just about any other top sim, and you will see just how much more raw and how much more fidelity there is in the behaviour of the car and it's responses to how you drive it. You have to really concentrate like you do in real life, their behaviours are much more complex and dynamic depending on what you do, whereas in AC you can be very careless and have very little regards to your controls and inputs and get away with WAY too much stuff.

Pogma likes this.
  11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i bought NKpro a few months ago and i agree with the above post, Nk seems much more hardcore (for a word) and very unforgiving. I must admit AC handling seems a more advanced version of Race 07s physics...

SimMan likes this.
  12. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

sounds like the same old story of less grip is more realistic hmm?

Shaddix, Nahkamarakatti and BMASTER like this.
  13. Pogma

Pogma Rookie

No, just realistic grip=realism.
    You think GSC is hard to drive for example?.....if so, give sim racing away.

14. Pogma

Pogma Rookie

When you say unforgiving, what you mean is that if you drive poorly, ie, out brake or fail to consider weight transfer, you'll be punished?
    For me, Netkars FTarget was very easy to drive as were most of the cars as long as I gave them the respect their specification deserved.

15. Black75

Black75 Gamer

now i have the answare!!! that's why the actual horrible production!!! yes, rip SimBin, and we'll never have a Gtr3 like it should be. :(

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570 con Tapatalk 2

16. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

You know where they went though.

17. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

SMS :rolleyes:

18. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Everyone is entitled to an opinion magicaldog and even if i don't always agree i will defend your right to have one.

I don't know if you are in the project or if you are how involved or if you play anyother sim atm. What i do know is that a book should no be judged by its cover.
    Anyway, before this turns out to another this vs that discussion, i do play all except iracing. I do know what this and that are and i do keep myself informed. I'm not a fanboy and i know differences in development and states of development.

If you or others want to just use one sim, be my guest. If you or others want to believe something i don't, be my guest. If you or others don't think there's something for everyone, be my guest. If you or others think there is just one sim, be guest.

I took this opportunity to try make myself clear, just in case someone wants to try and post things as facts TO ME.

I might not always agree with everything but i like discussing things when someone is willing to. I may even be proven wrong but to keep the analogy, until the book is read to "the end" opinions, are just that and i'll keep arguing as long it is kept civil.

/rant and apologies for OT.

19. SimMan

SimMan Racer

I really hope the damage will be full & not forgiving, so even a light tap could potentially be a race DNF

( maybe an option to have a % for those that want to turn it down )

20. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

the damage will be mechanically fine, but due the license only simple i think.