1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Introducing: thesetupmarket.com - the place to share setups.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mathieu Labbé, Sep 9, 2015.

1. jsmith.ls.uk

jsmith.ls.uk Rookie

Hi Lafaro_db, great work!

One question, do you know if it is possible within AC to develop apps which could access the host machines file system. So that setups could be downloaded and uploaded to/from your site directly from an AC app?? That functionality IMO would create the killer app!

Blamer likes this.
  2. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

Awesome!
    Thx 4 creating this!

3. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I believe it is possible yes. I've been trying to find time to work on it for weeks :) Now that the groundwork with the database has been done, I think I'll switch my efforts on this app. The download part should be easy, but the upload part is already making my heard hurt. We'll see!

4. jsmith.ls.uk

jsmith.ls.uk Rookie

The work you have done so far is great! if an app with the functionality to auto upload/download then i think your database will be smoking! ;)

5. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for the site.

Just want to shout out setup uploader Hany.

Your baseline setups are unreal!

They should be the default setups from Kunos.

And AI could use these as well.

Louizf likes this.
  6. Dream1979

Dream1979 Racer

Would someone have a fast but stable setup for the MP4 GT3 at Mugello.
    I tried the tips that are in the career mode but then I'm actually slower then on default.

With default, rear toe to 0 and soft tires I manage a high 1:52

7. Ody

Ody Racer

Hello lafaro_db , about the upload part , and the app thing in general, i think that the best approach is to expose your system (the database) via a web API, and then the python AC app can access it via simple http requests. TBH , i am currently working on a project about automated code generation to create Restful web APIs, so i may be able to help , and in not a lot of time. I can either generate the source code for the API in C# or Java at this time. Unfortunately , my project at this time can only generate the source code , and i am not familiar with deployment issues etc. If you want me to give it a go (it would be a nice test for my project :) ) , sent me a message. Cheers!

8. Yami

Yami Racer

Yes guys please share your setups, I know much about Engines and aero but little about suspensions, so I cannot make good setups.

9. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Good progress on your site. Glad to see you're going strong.
    And thanks!

10. CamsX

CamsX Racer

I'll give it at go tonight and upload it if I do something descent. All my setups are in the website under Camilo Arias, so you can at least try my other sets and see if you like them.

Shakurazz likes this.
  11. Dream1979

Dream1979 Racer

thank you very much

12. CamsX

CamsX Racer

Hi, uploaded setup to the website. Very very stable. Good for 1:51s on medium tires. Was able to do 1:50.4xx at the beginning but it wasn't very stable for racing.

Please let me know how you are like it. Not sure why you like the MP4, it gets blown away by all other GT3s on the main straight. Fun on the rest of the track.

Dream1979 likes this.
  13. Dream1979

Dream1979 Racer

Thank you very much, I will try next week, no time on this weekend :)

I kinda like to drive the MP4, I think it's a nice beginner GT3
    At the moment I'm still going through the career mode and am kinda stuck at mugello, because of the long streight :S
    I'm faster through all the corners, but then comes the streight.....

14. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

I wanted to upload a setup for the McLaren F1 GTR, but strangely the car is not available in the list.

15. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

You're sure you didn't miss it? I can see it on my end, and I really can't see why it would be missing on another end.

16. Shakurazz

Shakurazz Rookie

So do you have the only option of selecting the MP4 in that race? If so, then why Kunos would do that? Makes the career mode annoying.

Also, thank you lafaro very much. I just think you should add somewhere where to put the setup file. It is perhaps obvious to some people, but just so everyone would see. It is C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\, right?

Also, when selecting categories, it should say not "Every cars" and "Every tracks", but "Every car" or "All cars" :) #grammarnazi

Also, the commenting function is a must, because, for example, out of 3 setups for 458 GT2 at Spa, 2 are bad: one says it's best lap time is 1.16.317, another is bad because AC says it's invalid (front height is 58, when minimum is 60). Let's hope the final setup of the 3 is good :). Edit: nope, the final one also has front height AND rear height too small) :(. Maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  17. CamsX

CamsX Racer

To make you test most GT3 cars ?

18. Shakurazz

Shakurazz Rookie

Yeah, but to select the slowest on the straight – then you are stuck like Dream1979.

19. CamsX

CamsX Racer

True, but I think it was unintended if you ask me. It just happens that the MP4 GT3 is currently the slowest car on pure top speed after so many physics related changes. IMO some of the Career and challenge targets are not properly balanced to the current physics state, which makes for nearly impossible to achieve ones.

Dream1979 and Shakurazz like this.
  20. Dream1979

Dream1979 Racer

There are Series to choose from like Gt2, Gt2X or Gt3
    The number is not th class, just the name of the series.
    Where the one with out X is a 7 race championship with short races and X is a championship with 7 full race sessions. 30 min Training, 30 min qualy and different amount of laps race, for roughly an 1 houre race.
    I did the Gt2 with the Z4 and choose to try Gt3X which is the McLaren.
    There would also be Gt4/X with the SLS.
    Then there are the GT2 Cars, Ferrari and BMW M3

By now I have all possible classes unlocked, so I could also drive the F1 and the Supercar series but I wanted to use those races as training.
    Also a reason to pick those different cars where the setup tips that Kunos gives, but now it seems those tips are not valid any more with the current version, since the tips made me like 2 seconds slower with the MP4 then on default.

Maybe I have an early day this week, otherwise on the weekend I will try the setup that you made :)
    I don't realy like to give up and truth to be told, if I would drive flawless at the current pace and on 94% AI I could manage to keep the MP4 at 1st place but there is now margin of error also it is almost impossible to keep the pole with the MP4 during the start at this race.
    Which would be a nice challange but at my urrent setup the MP4 is faster in the corners, where it is next to impossible to pass, so once I lost a place I'm stuck behind the faster car in those fast t parts of the MP4 and once we hit the streight its over anyways.

Shakurazz likes this.