1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is AC struggling to keep people interested?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Pick, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

I love playing AC but I have to make time for it. I have work commitments and coming home from work I often want to relax and AC just isn't a relaxing game, after a few minutes of AC I'm hyper and if I don't have full concentration I mess up a lot which just puts me in a foul mood. I don't have a rig so when I want to play AC it means setting up the wheel at my desk and it can just be awkward. I also just got the other AC (black flag) so I'll be playing through that for the next week or two and won't have time to dedicate to AC.

I have nearly 100 hours put into AC which more than I've put into any game. I don't play it every day but every day there's an update I usually spend some quality time with the new content over the weekend.

This game isn't finished, so what you can do is limited. Yes, you do get somewhat bored with hot lapping and just doing single races if you're doing that all the time (I still think all this hot lapping will give us early adopters a massive advantage on full release when the general public join in). When the career mode and multiplayer come in I think people will have reasons to spend more time with the game but until then I'm happy with what I've got, it's the only sim or driving game I'm playing now.

2. I would agree with you @Turk about all this hotlapping giving us an advantage except for this: I have a buddy that is usually really close to the same speed as me in all our racing games (we've been racing together since Forza 2)...He has no interest in AC until MP comes out.....I have 200 hours of hotlapping...I got him to play a couple weeks ago and within 20 minutes he set a time in the combo we were using that took me another week to beat.

3. i agree, i can speak for myself, i totally lost interest for now, probably until multiplayer or formula car is out

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Other big factor is moding of course, I want my e30 with insane engine swaps:oops: our d1 e30 is good just for amature drift events, we need double the horsepower and triple the torque:cool:

5. But Kunos have said modders aren't allowed to mess around with official cars Kristaps.......so will either need a whole car modded with a bunch of engine swap options or................well, you know.

6. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Looks like you are offended. To start with I ask a question why people would refer AI vs MP and summed a view reasons that I can think of. This is more about logics than personal taste in my opinion, if I may have one too.

I also understand that some people may be insecure or hessitant to race in MP and I tried to explain there is no reason to.

Instead of calling me ignorant and throwing a lot of !!?!?!?'s, can you contribute or is your only answer to my question 'I don't want to' ?

Thats ok though, I just would like to know WHY you don't want to, otherwise go vent somewhere else.

7. I had no plans to ever race against the AI and only looked forward to MP since forever it seems.....After seeing how many on these forums think and act I'm not as excited about MP as I was and I hope that the AI turns out really nice...I'm still looking forward to racing my friends but lately I am having doubts as to whether I will even leave my server open or not.

I can see many, many reasons people wouldn't want anything to do with MP.

8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Simracers are those who really love motorsport and the motorsport environment well simulated, without arcadish features, if you're a new simracer it's because you love motorsport racing and you have no problems understanding how it works, just respect other people on track and with time you'll be there... ;)

9. Technically a PC sim-racer is anybody that races on a computer simulation.....nothing more......arcade or not, real people or AI, none of that matter at all......Is there a commercially available piece of software that simulates racing with nothing arcade anywhere in it?

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Not all people get into sim racing because they love motor sports however, some of them do it because its fun, granted if you think racing games are fun you would think think they might do a little research or put some effort in.

But i am sure there are good number of people that get forza and gt and have little actual motor sports knowledge.

Those are the people the devs want, those are the target group with the tracks and the licenses, the ai, the career mode, they may stay they may not they may get into mp they may never touch it. But the tools will be there to add new tracks new cars new rule sets who knows maybe given time maybe a gravel and dirt mod could be enginered even

Stuff will keep the single player of the game fresh between dlc and mods, there will be content if people want to play it. and every track that wil work in single player should work equally well in multiplayer and vice versa and cars also. win win for all.

11. Dale

Dale Gamer

For me I don't run it a lot yet, but it's only been available a little over two months old, it's so new. When I purchased the game I bought it for the long term outlook and this game is going to be around for a long time, it has that kind of a platform. I love running Formula cars and there is only one Formula car in game right, I'll run it for a while but till more tracks and mods get added into the game I probably won't run it a lot.

MP will also peak my interest, knowing some of my friends and I can compete against each other online, we can setup a time that will be fun. This game has a very bright future!! :)

I do quite a bit of league racing, can't wait till the modders start bringing in their work.

12. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

On which source is your fact settled ?
    What about guys with less time ? Maybe they want to play AC, but dont have enough time for MP and start a short AI race to be happy.

mattrick likes this.
  13. Rui Santos

rFactor2, iRacing, NetKar Pro, Game Stock Car, enough? Oh and don't come and tell me that pause the game or quit to pits is an arcade feature because i'm tired of this kind of useless comparisons...

I said simracers are people who love motorsports and true real life racing environment well simulated, not talking about "all people", different things...

I understand and agree with Kunos move to "capture" all kind of audience but in the end those "simracers" will be here and they'll be the success factor of AC, don't doubt that...

14. Rui Santos

Nothing against them, everybody plays it as they want, i'm talking about majority of people who bought AC, those 30 minutes/week racers for sure are 2% of all people...

Shaddix likes this.
  15. Every one of those sims has arcade features Rui.....

16. Rui Santos

And they are...

17. Is AC struggling to keep people interested? After this build, Yes, it is quite possible they are......See ya'll in two weeks.

osy1950 likes this.
  18. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

If you are disappointed now, brace yourself for more disappointment.

The dev team is too small to deliver game-changing updates every 2 weeks. Kunos is the only one coding the physics/gfx engine. If he is busy with hotfixes and introducing new features like engine damage for a few days, there is no time to work on the AI.

This update is the beginning of the slowdown rate. Most of the stuff on the shelf (cars, tracks) are drying up. The bi-weekly update cycle was a nice promise, but to be honest, I'm afraid Kunos overreached here.

Not to say I am disappointed, as I couldn't imagine them keeping up with the initial update rate. But I imagine the unhappy customercrowd getting bigger with each update. Personally not my issue, but it is an issue for the future of AC.

sketchyterry and Rui Santos like this.
  19. It is what it is.......

20. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

What did you expect when buying an early access at 20% or 25% discount. Even if you bought it at full price you would have no reason to complain if you know what this early access means. Kids are too spoiled these days and wants everything instantly and perfectly presented on a tray.

Shaddix, sketchyterry and mattrick like this.