1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is AC struggling to keep people interested?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Pick, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

It's probably a headache for Kunos but even the idea that it's one guys vision makes it seem more like an artist working on a piece of art than just a game. I am at tifosi levels of admiration for AC. :D

mangal likes this.
  2. mattrick

mattrick Racer

For sure, fact!! Must be true then.

Are you a politician by any chance??

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  3. Shame on me expecting the AI to be improved.....Money has not a damn thing to do with any of it....Now, please take these two letters as a gift from me and have a nice day; FO

4. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

I fell in love with AC straight away. But since we have the GrA BMW, I can't stop driving it. I don't care about Ferrari's, whatever GT's and Lotus yokes. The bimmer is soooo great, I wouldn't mind if would be no other cars in the game! If anyone got bored with AC, I think the reason of that is the lack of driving experince from real world. I use to own a BMW's. E21, 30, 34 and 36. And they are awesome car to drive. Since I have to thinking about fuelprices and I have to drive diesel car ( I know it is sad) I'm glad I have chance to feel the Bayern style again. Relatively free. AC is the best. And it keeps people interested quite easy. The real petrolhead ones.

Griffin and Philippeapo like this.
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

pc elitists dam... hated them when i had a console and still do when i have a pc.

this thread should be renamed

the thread of absolute ignorance and total disregard for personal tastes. I want this and noone should have what i don't like

im done here.

EDIT BY MOD: bad words not needed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  6. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Drama threads bring drama....
    Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, and that means many different opinions.

What I dislike is not critism or frustration, but the way some posts are written - this is the official site for the game and I sometimes which the Kunos team wouldn't see some of the posts - criticism can be written in a civil and constructive manner, but we've already seen many feedback that is not only non-constructive, but plainly insulting (cf. christmas) - I guess that's the internet anonymity thing....

I have hopes, I have frustrations too, doesn't mean I have to tell the world or the devs - patience is a virtue but it can be difficult, cause I like what I have with AC and I want more and more.

I don't give a crap about people losing interest or not, I just hope the Kunos team won't loose interest catering for such a crowd.

Let's be civil please, we at least agree we want to be here, whatever reasons that may be for.

Hope that didn't sound to patronizing guys :p - let the fire die.

7. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Shove them where the sun don't shine .. american

8. America must be doing something right for you to know what those letters mean thousands of miles away...looks like I found a good candidate for my first "ignore".

9. xaotik

xaotik either ether or the other Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys, take it easy. We fully understand your concern and we also appreciate (and are even flattered by) it quite a bit.
    However, let's try to keep this civil and creative please and not go down the well-trodden path of online aggression or we'll be forced to consider this thread as having completed its full cycle.

booterboy likes this.
  10. But, but, he starrrrrrrtttteedd ittttttttttt..........:D

10-4 xaotik......Killing this thread probably wouldn't be the worst idea anyway.....Cheers!

11. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

My club sport wheel was in heavy use before AC came out but since it's really getting very dusty. Now that I have driven AC I don't want to race any other sim anymore, ACs physics and graphics and the nice car selection just is so much better. But as AC doesn't have MP there is absolutely no desire for me to plug my wheel in, driving on my own just isn't any fun for me at all. Please give us MP soon, and release modding tools so we get more tracks.

12. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Please read it:
    This interview was with Marco and your question after MP should be solved.

13. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

You don't have to understand anything. There is no concern. Kunos does a fantastic job with this game and we really appreciate it. We know your team is tiny compare to "famous" developers yet you are way ahead of all of them. I can imagine how annoying can be for you to read unfair comments and criticism on your performance and quality of your work, but intelligent gamers are with Kunos and we understand the value of Assetto Corsa. Thanks!

Jebus, ftmPP, mangal and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

This is indeed a wonderful game and I am grateful to be a part of it.

Mogster and cerebus23 like this.
  15. I believe that most people who lose interest in AC are people who have not realized that early access is not a complete game, the contents are released and implemented, Kunos is doing a great job.

if something is not ready, is not ready. to get things done right you go step by step (if Kunos had released the multiplayer with collisions problems of 0.5 you'd be happy?)
    the only thing that made me angry was the drastic change in Tatuus, I had spent a lot of time to make setups and all my work is lost (Tatuus wasn't ready)

many software house release complete games that are barely beta and become playable perhaps after a year, see what happened to EA with BF4

Thanks Kunos for this fantastic Sim!

Sorry for bad English

Mogster, Shaddix and Peter Molnar like this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Lost interest in AC? ahahahahahahahahahah! - Not a chance for me, I play every chance I get - that's not nearly enough though.

17. I'm definitely not as interested as I was a few weeks ago.

For me many of the cars being released are very similar and the content just feels a bit stale with so many tin tops and so few open wheelers. When the 98T or T125 are released, or multiplayer, I'll be back into it though.

For now I think I'll put AC down though until some "different" cars or tracks are released.

Montesky and osy1950 like this.
  18. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

To be honest, i've lost interest too since 3 weeks or more.
    Weekly updates are becoming too much poor in content.
    I just wait for the myth and magic 1.0, thinking I get anyway a big deal for the price i pre-payed.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  19. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

im so glad people are loosing interest, because these are the same people that will lose interest anyway and I don't want their input if there not gonna be around for the long run, it baffles me that people cant see or forget that we are testers and I for one feel privileged to be part of it, so to all you that have lost interest please leave the forums too so we can discuss and do what little we can to help without having to wade through endless posts like the one above, pack your bags and be gone, and when its all finished and shiny and all the work is done you can return...most likely to complain again

20. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

i feel lot of frustation in your words. but i could be wrong...