1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I had that, after finishing race. Windows 10?

2. Win7 64bit ( rest of spec is in my sig ). Not touched anything/rebooted since the last session pre-patch.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not sure this is the same case then, do you use non default (not 100%) scaling (dpi) in Windows. For me that was it.

4. I do not. I'll run through my driver settings just in case there's something there, but at least I'm not alone...

Edit: disabled GPU acceleration in the launcher, and all is now well.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Two things not in the patch notes;

- kerb on the exit of turn 7 Zandvoort now fixed
    - ghost car seems somewhat fixed, but seems a little buggy still.

6. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Anyone else noticing changed driving dynamics or it's just placebo on my side?
    I would say sliding is smoother, front is more stable and rear doesn't snap violently while on throttle (Ferrari 458). :rolleyes:
    Also Nissan GTR now has 4 TC modes instead of 12?

7. Presumably it's the camber sensitivity tweak. Only run a few things so far but looks like it's back to tweaking setups again.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

At Zandvoort it now hangs on start finish, it should just disappear imo.

The first time it did it I glanced down for a second close to the finish line then looked up again to find a stationary car directly in front of me... For a split second I was transported to my road car and almost **** my pants :D

9. yusupov

yusupov Alien

anyones opinion of the GTR changed with the update? cant say i noticed anything in my armco-interrupted experiment at nords

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Ferrari 458 s3 ABS braking now has much longer braking distance? Anyone else notice or am I imagining things? New ABS code of course, but it's working as intended?

Didn't have much time to test other cars yet, just a quick test.

11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Apart from ABS fix, in general roads cars seem to be back to balanced feel, instead of overly sharp front and very loose rear on throttle, however increased controllability (since tire vibration fix in 1.2) isn't lost. You can tap the throttle to steer the car without snap oversteer (v1.2) and not stiff/wooden rear (v1.1.6 and previous).
    Mercedes SLS in Nurburgring is such a cool combo, you can attack corners understeering, then tap the throttle and it starts turning, tap more and you are powersliding:cool:

12. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Hey, 100% agree! I got huge problems today. I dont know how to brake,cuz my italia doesnt brake at all with ABS! Yesterday I played +50 laps with italia and it was ok. Is it some kind of bug?

13. Something is wrong for sure! @Aristotelis please have a look.

14. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Is it just braking slower than before or is it braking slower than what can be managed without abs? There was the tweet from Stefano about something in the abs code being messed up so it could have had better braking than it was supposed to before.

15. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

I cant really give u a pro feedback about it,cuz a lot of guys here know this things better. Just the breaking distance of italia is (in my opinion) 150-160% of distance before on the same track,same conditions, settings etc. Also the rev shifts are changed, I would say now is better, car is more predictable, stable, but still not easy. So the downshifts now are changed and car feels beeter during the breaking, but the distance u need is hugely longer. Moreover I think the rpms during breaking is much more static, but it looks like that the car just is not slowing down properly and the engine rpms are bugged as well.

I use dfgt, factory abs and breaking gamma a 1 (linear).

16. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, absolutely, cars pretty much lost any feel, a lot of damping seems involved, ABS renders the brakes almost inefficient. Why turn off asymetric ABS anyway? As I understand, on a few modern cars it reduces the brake momentum of the grippier wheel for a short time , to give the driver a chance of countersteering, before the car spins out, but that is only very short and only for safe, comfortable cars, not a SLS or 458.

Ok, the dampening effect is on myself, as I used the gyro effects. Looks like this no longer works on a G25. At least with my settings. Cars feel like a boat. And missing those effects when I turn it off.

Going to bed now, maybe something turns up till after work tomorrow.

17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Gyro was dampening/working against countersteering force from the start on my wheel(T300), I don't think anything changed regarding this.

18. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Hmm, I reaslly liked so far, maybe it is all subjective anyway, as the whole car seems dampened with the braking and acceleration (gauges at least) we have now.

19. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I just did a few laps at Imola with abs off, a few with it on factory, and a few more on off and I don't think that there is anything wrong with it. Until that I hadn't driven the car recently so I can't really compare to how it was before, but the braking didn't seem significantly worse than what I remember.

20. tabis

tabis Simracer

I am still in love, with the 458 :)