1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. The front end feel of 1.2 is still there, which cures the biggest problem I had - and now we have a whole bunch of new things to work out thanks to the overall tyre changes. I can't say it feels like "the previous feel" personally, which is fine given I hated all that understeer...

2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

it seems like they are enjoying the game atm then replying

Mogster and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, that's why since I have a 900deg wheel, I've always wondered why I had the issue. But note, that the wheel animation (despite having view/virtual degrees always set to 450deg) is minor. The real issue I'm raising here is the high steering sensitivity I get, despite the posted settings... as sensitive as it appears with the visual turning of the wheel.

I'll try loading the G27 profile.

EDIT: Just tried deleting controls.ini and loading G27 preset, and same thing as shown in the video (ie. wheel is too sensitive). But setting both wheel in-game and Profiler to 540 allows better/looser wheel control. Any other idea causing this? When you drive the 458GT2, your wheel rotates same as in-game? What wheel do you use?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I'm glad I didn't rage delete them!

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

can you post a video recording your physical wheel while having in the background the pc monitor showing the car steering wheel turning? Make sure that in wheel/custom, the following settings are like this:
    [​IMG]

6. I hope it means that they can increase the number of pit boxes at Zandvoort and Magione from 18 to 24.

arthur666 likes this.
  7. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

How could you when there is no "Delete" button?

8. Tomskii

Tomskii Simracer

I'll check that. Just to make sure it's not a mod causing the problem. I had the miata fix but I removed that fix and put back the original folder I had backupped. So shouldn't be the problem. I think.

EDIT: It's not all cars though, some cars sound just right. Others just seem like I'm driving an EV with a bit of turbo whine :p

9. petesky

petesky Simracer

wow the 1.23 update is great, finally back to stable 60fps with no spikes/stutter...physics wise it feels great. Spend sometime in the pits fiddling with setups, it's very satisfying balancing the car with the throttle when the car gets a bit loose..more confidence in what the car is doing. Reminds me a bit of grandprix legends when it first came out..you have to go slow at first and try to go faster the next lap. I'm greatly enjoying this update.

Cuthere likes this.
  10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yea you need the updated .banks and guid files for official and mod cars, or if is just for mod cars then update those cars with their original sounds. When you delete sfx folders and other sounds from official cars, then just verify cache integrity in steam library - game properties - local files tab.

11. Tomskii

Tomskii Simracer

Yeah the miata got fixed by the modders so that's why I didn't need the seperate SFX folder anymore. Anyhow, am checking game integrity now. Hoping for the best :p

12. Tomskii

Tomskii Simracer

Alright so done what you proposed.. didn't help. To give an example, I can hear the sounds on the laferrari (they are there) but they are very low volume. Same goes for the miura for instance. The cobra on the other hand sounds like it needs to sound (very loud and very V8 :p)

EDIT: so now I just removed everything from steam and all the folders. Am reinstalling the game completely..

13. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

14. kro

kro Simracer

Sherpa check this post .. http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/g27-brakes-locking.24990/#post-501752

I have had something like this ever since 1.0 .. if I don't do this routine I have the over sensitive wheel no matter what settings ... once I open Logitech profiler and tick the tab on the upper tool bar "device then /select default/G27 Racing Wheel USB on ID 1" its all good again until the PC reboots then I have to show it the way again ..

15. Tomskii

Tomskii Simracer

I feel stupid. My PC audio was set to 7.1 whilst I have a 5.1 system.. So basically that muffled the sound xD

Mogster and snyperal like this.
  16. michael_

michael_ Simracer

You'd expect threshold to stop you faster wouldn't you?

That said, I noted in these forums ages ago, possibly before 1.1 that just planting the brake pedal to the floor, locking up the tyres completely in the cars I tried stopped you in a shorter distance than when using ABS on the drag strip and using the driver performance app.

In this thread
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/abs-on-or-off.20494/

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Even if it stops you as quickly you shouldn't be able to steer and a tyre locked for a good period of time should be destroyed.

18. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Discussed in that thread at some length.

My understanding is locking the tyres shouldn't stop you quicker, should it? Whether it has other consequences is moot - there are reasons not to do it, yes, but it's specifically the distance required to stop that is in question.

In this threads context I posted because that thread seems to suggest ABS has been underpowered for a long time. I think I put some figures there, yeah, 45 metres with ABS v high 30s without in the 500 - and that's not vs threshold braking - it was vs just planting your foot (hitting the handbrake too stopped you even faster)

Mogster likes this.
  19. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Tire grip is complicated so I am not sure which should stop you faster, and I don't plan on killing any tires to find out (I can't turn off abs in my car anyway). But, dragging rubber on asphalt is difficult, so I wouldn't be surprised if the stopping distance is shorter in real life. I tried to come up with an estimation of which would be shorter, but there are just too many variables. Locked tires have much less grip as far as being able to turn and keep the car going where you want it to because the resistance to sliding forwards isn't much different than sliding to the side.

Mogster likes this.
  20. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

appologies to the 2 A.I.'s I dive-bombed on the last lap @ Spa but I needed to get on the podium :p had fun in the C7.R even though I was using a pad and not my wheel

gigelis likes this.