1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

2. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

3. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Add note to the changelog that ABS was fixed without actually fixing it. Look how everyone now enjoys new ABS system.
    /sarcasm off
    :D

kazereal and LeDude83 like this.
  4. thodoris1884

thodoris1884 Racer

- Fixed Mercedes SLS GT3 Hard Tyre short name
    - Fixed high resolution timer disable notification filling the log
    - Improved ABS, cars will now have correct braking distances while braking on a straight line.
    - Changed all electronics.ini files with updated frequencies for ABS and TC for all cars.
    We advice modders to use RATE_HZ=250 and SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT= from 0.14 to 0.20 for optimum ABS, also use higher frequencies for TC
    - Changed brakes.ini for various cars to improve braking.
    - Experimental aero ride height values and stalling on Pagani Zonda R, Huayra and Ferrari 599XX to better simulate what happens in extreme curves like Eau Rouge
    - Corrected Mercedes Benz 190E DTM steer rod ackerman geometry
    - Adjusted Steer ratio on Lotus Exos and Exos S1
    - 3D driver preload animation starts earlier on 458 GT2
    - Up to 27% more placebo effect

5. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Can´t wait to take a peek.

Just 27% more placebo? I think it might be way more. Can´t exactly confirm this though. Where do the numbers come from, are they realistic at all?

kazereal and Minolin like this.
  6. Gotta love their humor:)

7. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

- Experimental aero ride height values and stalling on Pagani Zonda R, Huayra and Ferrari 599XX to better simulate what happens in extreme curves like Eau Rouge

Can anyone explain to me what this means. Thanks.

8. Epocx

Epocx Alien

server manager working again, thanks for the fast fix!

9. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, the front splitter and diffuser have additional stall on various ride heights and might make those turns more tricky. This alone doesn't fix everything, as we still need the tyre model load sensitivity improvement, but while we are working on it for the 1.3, we also want to let you try some interesting handling in such situations.
    We are not implementing this on the GT2/3 cars are we are aware there are more people using them for leagues and it's better if we do a proper solution later on.

But you can test it on those "racing hypercars". Try Eau Rouge and nordschleife flugplatz and schwedenkreuz

10. realalberto

realalberto Rookie

What is the placebo effect?

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

11. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Sometimes Indon't understand if they are changing game values to be more realistic or to made happy us on the forums...

12. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Up to 27% more placebo effect

I just tested this. you only got 15%. this is outragous, i want my moneyz back.

13. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

I have the same issue!

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

We are honest enough to admit when we have an error and try to change all the cars files in 3 days in order to fix the issue...

Maybe what you need is us acting as other developers who never talk on the forums and simply make a single release and then you have to wait a month or two for another release the fixes a problem.
    Or maybe you could think more logically and understand that it wouldn't make sense for us working so hard to improve AC if the only thing we wanted was to make forum people happy by fudging some numbers. A couple of copy paste values here and there and we would be ready and happy and less tired.

Luckily for the rest of our users, we can't act like this.

coret3x, bgil66, myimac and 38 others like this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Did you really have to post this? Of course they are trying to make AC as realistic as possible! Come on get on with the program!
    Trying to make happy the forumites of this ( or any ) forums would be a total waste of time, as it should be obvious to you and everyone else by now that it is an impossible task.
    a. Everyone is pulling in a different direction.
    b. 90% of the comments are based on impressions and wishful thinking.

Ace Pumpkin, 1karl1 and ears1991 like this.
  16. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Thanks @Aristotelis for explaining. Regards.

Aristotelis likes this.
  17. Psit

Psit Alien

Thanks for looking into the tire load sensitivity issue, if there is one.

Posted from a beach on a greek island :p

(Get ur @ss here for some vacations 'Telis :))

Cote Dazur, liakjim and Aristotelis like this.
  18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

[​IMG]

Jaye, Cuthere and Psit like this.
  19. Jaye

Jaye Alien

the "cat memes are safe"-rule is winning more and more recognition :cool:

Epocx likes this.
  20. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Hey @Aristotelis , sorry but I wasn't against you and kunos work. I was talking about the bad mood on the forum that ask and want all in less time possible. I am happy to see you working hard on AC but I think you should take your time, have some holidays, time to experiment all and then release all the content without need to rush. I read about you and Stefano tired about complains or requests and I agree with you, so I posted a sarcastic comment to them not to your work. Was a joke against the ones posting things like "this (random content) is unrealistic" and asking for istant changes...
    Sorry if my post sounds bad to you and Kunos work, sorry again. I am not good on eng so I hope I was more clear after this wall of text...:oops:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015