1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. I wrote one for my android tab, you press a button and it writes italian bad words in a label.. it's genius! You should buy it... too bad I won't sell it.

kazereal likes this.
  2. nonnex

nonnex Alien

yeah, too bad :) stingy cat.

3. myimac

myimac Alien

If you press the buttons it unlocks night racing and rain, night racing is the podium/calendar

Placebo effect confirmed :(

4. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

1.2.4 seems to be an update which leaves AC in a good state till 1.3 comes along.

5. Not to criticize, but.. i think 1.2.4 it's a build for a complete official game. In few words, it was not a complete, stable game before at 1.0 state.
    Just now they should release it officially. It was right if the game was released now as 1.0, and this is my personal point of view.
    If you tell me they have to release because of cost and money it's another problem, but don't tell me it's a complete product to be relased, it was not good as now, which is made it early access game yet at 1.0 build.

It's good to have constant support after a game buy, but, this is wrong approach overall, and to me, it's changing entire videogames world. It is bad, because at this time there is no more totally stable/complete release of games as before. In the past you got just hotfix, but game was overall complete.
    I'm enjoying the game pretty well now, so no matter about the quality or future quality. But it was sold an "incomplete" game (with features stated but not implemented or working well) and it was not correct for the customers. I have ac from TP and i know what expect, but it was not a good behavior for who buy a game and find it not really complete as a sim; same story with project cars.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Sean and @xel like this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

There is? I only know "button mashing" from fighting-games, meaning wildly pushing the buttons, instead of using specific moves/attacks and that thoughful, of course.
    Its a sign of quality for a BEU if it doesn't lead to success against a skilled player. A prominent example is Eddie from the Tekken-series.

BTW: They could implement a fighting-game in racing games, so you can beat up wreckers online. In the NHL games you could beat up people, too afterall. :D

7. yusupov

yusupov Alien

we're don't get hotfixes though, we get substantial improvements. i'd much rather have a sim evolve over time (growing pains included) than released in a feature complete, polished state with only the occasional 'fixes'.

i separate sims from traditonal video games in that sense; i like the model of releasing a platform & supporting it for years over the forza/GT approach of "this is what you get (content excluded) for the next 2-3 years." imo AC, pCARS, rf2 all 'released' months before they shouldve. all 3 are in a different place now & eg i would say pCARS is only just now release-ready. but i didnt mind having access to these sims before they got to that point (i voluntarily chose it in all 3 cases, as there was plenty of warning pCARS wasn't release-ready at launch) & im looking forward to their continued development over the next year/years.

Mogster likes this.
  8. Can one of the Kunos guys please explain to me why I can join a server when the cars are on the grid, wait 30 seconds for the race to start, and yet not be allowed to race? I can't change gear when the lights go green, and I can't even escape to the pits!! I have to leave the server!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    V8_KB likes this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have done a very good load of AI races now, set at around 90-94% AI, and with most car classes I once again feel that I want to voice how good the overall experience with the new AI is. It is not perfect, but I indeed would say it is solid enough, with further room for tuning it even more.

This and the fixed-again braking/ABS thing makes 1.2.4 a very very good update experience, and has put AC to the next level.

I know I have said that before, twice or three times, but since I made quite some angry comments months ago about the AI, I feel I want to reiterate once again how of that anger nothing has remained.

Its just the very fast cars, exotic cars, formula mod cars, that often struggle with their reaction times and thus say hello to my rear bumpers, but these are cars that I mostly avoid to drive anyway, since I suck with them, so I do not see those deficits as decisive for me personally.

Thanks once again, and keep up the good work!

Andrex and mms like this.
  10. Sean

Sean Simracer

I have to agree, I was only thinking the other day how AC is now what I would call 1.0 since 1.2.x (aside from the huge change in how we set up our FFB, I think that was handled very badly, I know the placebo thing is supposed to be a joke but it is a little bit of an insult to me too). There are still some things that need polishing up that you need to really run an community app for, like chat for example, but I would find that acceptable for a 1.0 release, with more patches promised. Things like proper car physics in MP (wheels off the ground), being able to finish qaul, were very small things that actually made the game look unfinished. I really appreciate these fixes. Plus the useful things like ability to limit tyres and server side weather, lock a session etc, all relativity minor but really add to the feeling of a 1.0 sim/game.