1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Ive just did few more laps in italia too. In my opinion, without abs everything is the same. WIth abs on, while hard breaking (meaning : abs is working) the distance is much longer than before the update to 1.2.3. Ok, I can drive like that, but it feels like a boat with abs on. I should turn it off, but I just cant drive without abs cuz of wheels locked all the time... (I need more practice for sure).

Look at that:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/braking-stability-and-distance-in-gt-cars.25858/

2. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I should add that I always use abs off, so that is what I am remembering. To me it felt pretty slow to stop before the update, but a road car decelerating from those speeds shouldn't stop on a dime. The car comes with abs so there isn't any reason to cut it off unless you just enjoy the extra control.

3. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I absolutely adore the revamped tachometer movement. Much better. The little things don't go unnoticed :)

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

ABS in 458 is off imo, tried P4/5 and ABS in that is much more like what it was, can make it stop easy.

458 feels like you try to brake with a 12-wheeler, one of my fav cars but now feels really odd. Any word from devs, is this intended behavior or bug?

5. 458 (both stock and s3) feels like it has old school drum brakes IMO. Hopefully it is just a simple data entry mistake.

6. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Feels like it was before 1.2 came out. All setups that worked perfectly with 1.2.2 now have terrible understeer. That's how 458 GT2 feels

snyperal likes this.
  7. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I noticed this last night, I thought it was me.

8. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Yes, I would say front/rear balance is about the same as it used to be before 1.2. However i dont think that "oversteer everythere" in 1.2 was right, especially road cars.
    Also rear controllability introduced with 1.2 is still here just not as overly sensitive.
    You can smoothly apply throttle to steer the car while cornering without countersteering and hell breaking loose.
    I would say its best of both worlds.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

IMO that's because 1.2.2 was bugged with crazy oversteer so you took countermeasures. Now these measures cause understeer and you need to revert them. My pre-1.2 setups were undriveable in 1.2.2 but now they work perfectly, again.

snyperal likes this.
  10. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

So we're back to the 1.1 feeling? Didn't have time to test

11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Balance, yes, but the rear isnt glued/wooden like in 1.1.
    For me it feels progressive like in in 1.2 just not too sensitive.

eXo and LeDude83 like this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Even a little better. You can now really practice taking curbs efficiently and abuse them for turning your car without the fear of out-of-the-blue spins.
    But in general, the balance of the cars is back to 1.1 standards.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's also true...the BMW M3 GT2 for example is more slippery out of la source at Spa but still I can position it better with the throttle.

14. plaid

plaid Alien

But the ABS doesn't work as well as before, at least in some cars, right?
    I depend on it to a bigger degree, cause low skills and DFGT pedals.
    Maybe its better for me to wait till the ABS is fixed before updating?

15. Seems to me that braking distances are slightly longer across the board in 1.2.3
    The 458 is the only car (so far) that doesn't feel quite right to me regarding the brakes.
    The cars also seem to be a bit more lively at the rear end IMO.

All of that being said I am pretty sure that an alien will show up at any time and say that nothing has changed.

16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Ok, pls help me out here. Here are my settings in Profiler and in-game, and a short video of me rotating the wheel of the 458 GT2. Short 3 sec pauses while having my 'physical' wheel at the center, turned 45deg (5 secs), and lastly 90deg (12secs). You will see that the in-game wheel rotates further (ie. 90deg when my physical wheel is only turned 45deg). So far my solution is to set both my Profiler and in-game to around 540deg. Although the video appears to show a ratio of half, so like the 458GT2 has 450deg only. Hope I can get this to sync with both at stock 900deg. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  17. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

So what will the "OMG!! Assetto 1.2 IS THE MOST REALISTIC SIM EVER" crowd do now?? Not update??
    Since we went back to the previous feel (with little nuances it seems).

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

If I understood right your post, the car steering wheel animation doesn't match 1:1 with your physical wheel? That shouldn't happen when you have a wheel with 900 and in-game car has the same or lower. There will be only be wheel animation mismatch if the game car has bigger rotation than your wheel.
    Make sure virtual degrees aren't set to 200. If they are off, then move the slider and return it to off. Other thing you could do is load again the g27 preset from the controls menu, or even delete controls.ini from the documents/ac/cfg.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  19. Hany

Hany Alien

Try to stop the e30 with street 90s tires, let me know how long it took u to stop

20. Stereo

Stereo Alien

You can save at least 1/4 of that by switching off ABS though, it's kinda ridiculous...

[edit] 100km/h->0km/h in the E30 is 48m in ABS on + pedal all the way down, 44m in ABS on + staying under the threshold, 40m in ABS off + threshold, all on the nicer semislicks. 64m / 58m / 47m with the street 90s. So yeah, that's 1/4 faster, easily, on street tires.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Hany likes this.