1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Jekay

Jekay Simracer

Anyone got problems with no sound when they start driving? I need to go out of the game and re-enter for it to come back, sometimes this does not work :/

2. kRush

kRush Gamer

acServerPackager still doesn't add surfaces.ini for nords or vallelunga!?

3. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Corvette is the most stable one, but things are really bad in the McLaren Mp4-12c gt3. Please @Aristotelis have a look at it. Am I doing something wrong? Was the car previously unrealistic? Am I a noob and do I need to setup the thing first?

4. mane2907

mane2907 Simracer

I think i Fell in love with the nismo :D:D

Thanks a lot for this superb update!

Niki Đaković, Blamer and Mogster like this.
  5. Jirx

Jirx Gamer

Well, I didn't try the new patch yet, but isn't this because of the increased grip in the front? Therefore that's why we'll now lose some grip on the end. It should also "fix" the little understeer of the super/hyper cars, which is still a little present.

I guess we'll need just to recalibrate our right foot a little x)

6. Loving the new lateral grip, finally green track is like green track.

Had to do some adjustments to FFB:
    T500 drivers:
    strenght 60, constant 100, periodic 100, spring 0, damper 5% (down from 100% adjusted from game to 2%, since it's gone, damping is barely needed and any extra makes details go missing)
    This damping makes the "heavy wheel" go completely away when car is standing still, to fix that;
    Open 'assetto_corsa.ini' under assettocorsa/system/cfg, and find 'MIN_VALUE=0.2 ; The FF multiplier for 0kmh.' this line, change the 0.2 into 2.0 (experiment for your pleasure).
    I raised ingame gain by 10% (from 70 to 80%)
    Perfect FFB with the standstill effect.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I really can't see how it's so bad.

The two best looking tracks in game are Monza and Imola the Nordschleife looks decent but it's a huge track so the detail has to suffer. Zandvoort doesn't look as good as Monza but I'd say it looks better than Nurburgring GP and Mugello. It's quite acceptable

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

hmm probably cause I had track set to FAST, but Z4 GT3 with cold medium tyres using default setup was more stable than I remember ... had those moments when you think you overshoot and you are done, but nope, cars sticks and situation saved ..

Niki Đaković likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, I'm surprised how much I like it.
    You can really feel the AWD digging you out of the corners when you're sliding. It feels so different to the other cars in game.

mane2907 and Philippeapo like this.
  10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm wondering how long I'll be banned if I post this bug report in the sound section:

Kunos, I'm having problems with the new Nismo's sound. I can't drive fast with that. Tried attacking 4 or 5 laps but I always end up in going slow almost everywhere, reving around, playing with the gas.
    Then again, last corner, finish line. But now! Let's race this thing.

And again, after accelerating on to the straight, wrommm...

Atle Dreier, M3hdi, g4b1bb097 and 2 others like this.
  11. Sinterpuck

Sinterpuck Rookie

Oh my god the Nismo is just the best to drive, i never understood that i wanted to have a powerful awd car this much!
    The way you can drift with it is just amazing, you can litarary throw it in backwards into corners and just powerdrift it thrue.

The Audi is confusing me when drifting it, im pretty sure the rear diff lock isn't working properly, even if i set it to one it wont lock the diff it just keeps spinning one rear wheel when really pushing it.

mane2907 likes this.
  12. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Any G25 user feels the wheel feel got weird?? Like it has really minor spikes of ffb strenght constantly?? Can't explain better.

New install default settings.

13. Spunderbunt

Spunderbunt Rookie

FFB is now amazing on all cars. Like really top notch. Driving now feels much more natural and intuitive. I find I can leave gain on 100 both in profiler and in game without getting clipping so you can just jump from car to car and feel all the differences on the same setting. I also like how dampening now comes from the car rather than the wheel settings. I think I'll be playing a lot more from now on.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    ir Sindaco, Philippeapo and mane2907 like this.
  14. bob76

bob76 Racer

i think the update is brilliant kunos its a it feel like a different game really amazing work the ffb is amazing don't know if the my settings but graphics are way better and I love the new replay cams

15. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Rear grip for some cars feels very weird now,it's like there is no balance.
    For example Ferrari 458 Italia - not even hard trail braking results in constant spins.

16. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Of course it got released when I'm not home for a week. Well I will have to wait till next weekend.

17. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

Ghost doesn't seem to be working correctly, it's either missing or runs extremely slowly ie 1mph.
    It worked the day before the patch.

TwoHardCore likes this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

AI is soooo much more better! Awesome :D Great work Stefano.

Only nitpick I have is the brake lights, they are flashing rapidly so AI doesn't still brake "like human". But it's a really small cosmetic thing.

Cuthere likes this.
  19. crosschris

crosschris Racer

Nice update.

Am I right in thinking I can wap up my FFB gain with no clipping...seems that way. Still getting stuttering on my mid/high system (perhaps the new Nvidia drivers are causing this) I'm on a 970 with a single screen and have to have reflections on medium.

But what do I know, I got drunk waiting for the update and therefore have stopped testing as I thought it funny to try to drive the 500 in reverse around Imola. Tomorrow I'll try going forwards with a hangover.

MAJOR THANKS TO ALL THE GUYS AT KUNOS.....YOUR EFFORTS ARE APPRECIATED.

20. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

norbs likes this.