1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Damn i was torn by new track poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I don't think running out of fuel means NS is a bad track for multiplayer. The track is narrow, long and unforgiving, that is true but that is exactly what makes it such a special track. I will agree that it is not for the weekend simwarrior fun events, rather for organised club or ranked racing where strict rules are properly enforced. I could spend a couple months just hotlapping the thing for the sheer fun of shaving off another .500. Probably safe to assume I am not alone in thinking that seeing it is by far the most popular vote (who would have thought amirite) :p

I am very subjective of course but in my opinion the NS offers you multiple types of surface, all possible types of corners you face on other tracks (save for the Corkscrew) and offers the biggest challenge a driver can face. The assortment of corners is staggering: blind, full visibility, decreasing radius, increasing radius and one banked bastard that will trash you any chance it gets. Combine that with high speed bends and enough straights to recover a bit from all that cornering taxing your muscles (well, not that much in the simulator) is the best mix any driver could wish for.

This is all there, in one glorious 20+ km stretch of asphalt. It used to be an F1 track and serious competitive racing of all levels can still be had, from amateurish VLN to more serious stuff like 24h races.

Compare that with a "well made" version of Brands and I can only chuckle.

On another note, wow, I wish all the tracks on that list would make it into the game some day. Such a cool selection of tracks to test your skills on. And in my case probably be in the top 5 last places most of the time :D

2. Fear

Fear Racer

Such a tough choice!
    I voted Nordschleife, Le Mans and Bathurst, but if I'm honest, I want ALL the tracks from that great list! :p

My hopes are with the modding community, they can't make a mistake with any of the listed tracks. :)

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Nordschleife, of course. They must not even ask for that.

I would not mind to see conversions of all tracks available for netKar Pro. :D

It's maybe not too clever to have these polls done with mandatory membership with spying Twitter, Facebook or Google+. Since I refuse all three, I only see a list with empty lines, having no clue what tracks are on vote (or what cars in the poll some time back). And I am not alone with disliking mentioned "services".

Stop propagating social spyware.

3316V likes this.
  4. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Rookie

Scan Portimão in the summer and take some holidays here in Portugal :)

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

And in case it can be choosen: Zandvoort. Always misses me that such an interesting track gets so easily overlooked.

MsportDAN likes this.
  6. endgame

endgame Racer

Absolutely! Why can't we vote here with our forum account???

3316V likes this.
  7. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

It's not mandatory. I voted in every poll without any social account.

The Moose likes this.
  8. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

Come to think about it, would it be even possible to laser scan La Sarthe track? Obviously it's not possible during 24h Le Mans and when there's no race the vast majority of the track (AFAIK) serves as a public road which I reckon would be difficult to close down for private purpose. I hope there's some way around it...

9. Flashcrow

Flashcrow Hardcore Simmer

How could anyone resist....

Qusso likes this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

think brands are buttering up the devs for a track appearance by tweeting the track poll?/ lol i love brands and go there at least once a year for dtm or British gt. My fav circuit of them all please ac put one of the best British tracks into this game.

11. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I dont know where you played, but i joined a league in GTR2. Green Hell - 20 laps and only 3 cars crashed, everyone had enough fuel.
    Dunno what idiot driver you saw o_O

LeMans long version with long straight line ?
    Imagine Group C cars like Sauber C9 which run 389 km/h on the straight line.
    Best track for me.
    Green Hell and A1 Ring voted.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Maybe you are not aware of beeing logged via Google+...?

This is what happens when i try to participate in that or the other polls. I get a demand to log in to one of the three following:

[​IMG]

Many people are not aware that the Google Kraken has embraced them already. They think they just activated the comment function at youtube when signing that form ... :lol:

3316V likes this.
  13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Did you try scrolling down? "Keep vote anonymous" doesn't make me log into anything. I'm not signed in on any of the sites in Chrome so it's not sneaking my login details past, either.
    [​IMG]

UOPshadow and The Moose like this.
  14. sirnicolai

sirnicolai Rookie

Wheres the love for Watkins Glen ? only 2% in the vote :(
    I love that track, definitely one of my favourites but not enough games have it available.

15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The list stays empty, and such option I do not get, and I think anyway it only means that in the activated service your name stays hidden. As if you log into a forum and have set options to not get listed as a currently active board member.

I see you use Google Chrome. There you have it. You are embraced by the Google Kraken already. ;) Note that certain spy options in it cannot be deactivated by relying on the options it offers, you need to tweak it under the hood and get your hands dirty a bit. I avoid Chrome like the plague and recommend you to google - no pun intended :D - for the privacy deficit issue with all Google software.

3316V likes this.
  16. Don't look at me, I voted for Watkins Glen. LOL Doesn't look like they will be taking a long flight anytime soon though.

Big LOL at the people afraid of the internet yet posting on a public board.

17. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

What stereo said, my vote was anonymous. I use Firefox.

18. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I voted Nordschleife, Suzuka and Monaco...too bad there isn't Spa in the pool...really wanne see that! And quite frankly I'm kinda enjoying Imola very much. The problem for me is besides Imola I really like Magione but all the other existing tracks...bah :/. Never was a fan of Silverstone...hope we get a/the one new soon :)

19. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

Spa is confirmed already, it will be free DLC with 1.0

20. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I'm not saying I'd hate to drive at Nords, but really it is too narrow and difficult to run races on unless you are in some pretty hardcore leagues, average drivers on it won't even make a lap. So then you have to figure out the passwords and join up which is annoying, but also those leagues are going to meet at times where it is just likely impossible for probably half of AC be able to join due to time zones, so unless you live on European time you'll rarely race on it. Also when you consider that building it will take the same time as at least three other circuits, I honestly feel the devs time would be better spent elsewhere. But purely for democratic reasons I can't really be against it if 25% of people want it, I just can't figure out why there is that much support.