1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Damn i was torn by new track poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 16, 2013.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Awesome! :D Ty for giving me that information! :)

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I also don't understand the fascination with the Nordschleife. It's long. So what? I don't class it as a proper race track. To me, it's always been a bit of a novelty, that's all. I much prefer racing on a track with a 1:30 to 2:00-ish minute lap time. When you're chasing someone over many laps on a proper race track, you can assess their weaknesses, looking for a corner to pounce, not just having to wait 10 minutes for the same corner to come around again.

3. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I voted for the NS, suzuka, and leguna seca. The nord because of the level of quality we would get. Suzuka because it's one of the most fluid and technical tracks on the planet (A pure work of art.) and leguna seca because it's amazing place.

4. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Its easy to overtake on the green he'll. That's why I want it. There can be great races.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

5. plaid

plaid Alien

I only want the Nordschleife from the poll-list. Dont care for anything else but voted for Suzuka, Bathurst, which are at least ok and NS.

Hoping for Targa Florio, Isle of Men, Spa Historic, Rudskogen, Macau, Potrero de los Funes and Pikes Peak.

I demand an AI Drivatar for Career if Laguna Seca will be in and appears in the career. :(

BTW on a sidenote:Dont get, how anyone can not prefer the Nordschleife. And what is so interesting about, Silverstone, Monza, Laguna Seca and all that stuff.which im allready bored of hotlapping. Not like its totally without fun, but there are other things i prefer, like...reading a good book, meeting a friend(s), woodworks, not to mention mountanbiking or sex.

The Nord is the only real race I really like to repeatly drive it for its on sake and that makes racing on it so much better, sadly its not wide enough for more fights.
    If I want to see the same corner after 1 minute I walk around my house for an hour.
    Someone mentioned its dangerous. For gods sake, thats the cool thing about games! , like Arma which is rather realistic too, but I never would consider to be killed to "play" realistic warfare.

That is probaly the reason why there are mostly boring tracks and the most boring are so popular, for example the nordschleife, historic spa and isle of men are all considered as too dangerous. Doesnt mean that they are much more exiting and for me personally the few that hold me off, of doing something other tehn sitting in front of my PC.

The only few times I enjoyed watching a race, where Nordschleife, Rallye, Hillcimb or races in movies in pretty citys or landscapes.
    Not the F1 that drives on oversized kart-tracks, without much happening.

Its a waste of PS and any car over 300ps to drive those 500m straights with slow 60-120 turns you crawl along for another 1-500m straight.
    Im rather a gamer then a "sim-harcore-serious-releatisic-passion"-enthusiast-purist, but I loooove demanding games, great and realistic physics, but if the track is laguna seca and Im alone, I will prefer Wipeout or Trackmania. Sure, far from any realism, but also demanding and mostly: FUN! And my eyes stay open, I get sleepy if im bored.

Thats maybe why racing sims arent that succesfull, so rather niche, not cause they are sooo demanding, but the tracks are often not that exiting. Why wasting time with something that isnt exiting (and not real, so still game)?

Sadly, if game-developers make something without real circuits, they do it without real physics. Nothing that delivers the whole package.

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

personal opinion, i dont get whats so great about the green hell,, yeah its long,, yeah its dangerous.... yeah its long,, err yeah its long.

so what!?

7. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Layout, Bumps, track surfaces, 24h race, etc.

Send from my HTC One

8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

again its personal opinion. but i'd rather have brands hatch...

9. plaid

plaid Alien

Probably senseless to explain it, if someone got that opinion.

Overall the length has 3 advantages:

1. The impression to actually move forward and make a progress, so to cover a distance, which reduces the feeling of moving in a circle and a feel of moving in a circle.
    See also rallyes and other point to point races.

2. All the great parts you can fit into that long range, especially some high speed segments, which need a certain length, if they dont should end immediatly. Overall the variety of different curves, longer or shorter, slower or faster, tight or wide, running straigt, up or down.
    Here the Nordschleife shines with a variety of different curves, slower and faster and many height-changes (imagine a rollercoaster with big height-differences and one that is downright flat).
    The fast curves or some following directly to one another gave you speed, so for many fun.
    Moving fast is demanding with demanding physics. So thrilling, to drive good and making no crash.
    Le Mans is long, but doesnt appeal for me in comparsion.

3. Its demanding if you have so many different demanding parts, instead of a few you learn and drive clean like a clockwork.

Overall we talking about a sim, so everything is bound to reality that doesnt offer much, if everything like the nordschleife (to a lesser extent Spa maybe and some others). Fantasy-tracks or a layout on exisiting roads often are considered as a sakrileg in sims.
    Anyway real tracks are expensive and high speeds are dangerous. That reduces the potential of great tracks.

Still, if I would see the tracks simply as levels of games, I would say the potential of the overall gameplay isnt used, cause the suboptimal leveldesign and the genres developers lack creativity.

10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i understand your point, thats fair enough... dont get me wrong i like nordschlief but havent done many races there. I think i would come near the bottom of that list for chosen tracks. Thats no disrespect to you or others, its just not my fav. Some people hate monaco i love that track..

11. plaid

plaid Alien

Yo, I dont want that other people share my opinion, but I find the topic interesting.
    Personally I miss other tracks then the nordschleife, that are smiliar in length and layout or games with an focus off regular circuits (new RBR, Test Drive with Sim-Phys).

Overall I just hope, that I dont see only the tracks every other sim(/-cade) uses. After many many maaany races in Silverstone, Laguna Seca, and Nür GP, I need some new levels. :)
    Happy for Spa and Trento allready.

MsportDAN likes this.
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah i would like to see the same.. snetterton croft, thruxton and even some of the smaller swedish tracks, that appear in sttc 2. Watkins glen, road america also wouldnt mind.

13. bluenote10

bluenote10 Gamer

Laguna Seca, Suzuka, and Bathurst are all beautiful tracks but somehow I don't get exited when there is Monte Carlo as alternative. I would have never dared to dream that there might be a laser scanned version of Monaco anytime soon. Unfortunately the voting results are very disappointing; probably way too less to get a time slot on a Monaco F1 weekend to pull off the laser scanning. So only voted for Monaco + Green Hell to somehow counter the hype for tracks that we already have laser scanned in iRacing and where laser scanning is nothing extraordinary.