1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Real-Life Motorsports - 2019 - 20 - 21 - 22 - 23 - 24

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GRFOCO, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

2. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

sps_for_race and carlossanchez97 like this.
  3. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

In terms of cars, this could be awesome. The tracks are Abu Dhabi and Bahrain only though (at least in 2022). Not the most exciting ones IMO.

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I know this is not latest news, but I've only just found out that GT3 will replace GTE for the 2024 Le Mans.
    It's sad because I think GTE cars are amazing, but good news from the perspective that with such a successful category such as GT3 competing at Le Mans, it's probably gonna provide some healthy participation for the GT classes.

5. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

It's not only for Le Mans, it's for the whole World Endurance Championship. There was some discussion about GT3 cars being GT Am class only and GTE in Pro class... but the GTE class is dying. There were only four cars and two makes in 2021 season in Pro class plus some more in Am class. And the 2021 season finale was... well, let's just wait for the International Court of Appeal decission.

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1457059163100618754
    https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1457069264934932482
    https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/porsche-international-court-of-appeal-bahrain-ferrari/6755207/

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yeah, Like I said, GTE is awesome but it isn't sustainable, at least with GT3 it's likely that it will have a healthy participation.
    Maybe Le Mans on ACC :rolleyes::p

7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

You must watch it on youtube because embedding is disabled, but it's worth seeing ;)

"Kevin Estre masterclass lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS MR"

8. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't understand this new trend with inverted rear wing pylons where they go around the back of the wing instead of the front.
    I believe Audi has these on the R8 GT2 as well as on the R8 LMS Evo 2 pictures I've seen.
    Do they have any aerodynamical advantage or it's just aesthetics? Doesn't seem to make sense.

10. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Yes. From Audi's press release on R8 LMS Evo II:
    R8 LMS GT2:

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  11. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

I had the same question and did some research. I am not a physical engineer, so my research was rather superficial and came down to this:
    1) It makes sense to have the mountings attach from behind the wing to ensure uninterrupted airflow to the wing and disturb airflow only when the wing has already created the downforce.
    2) Most of the downforce is actually created on the rear wing's underside.
    3) So, it makes sense to have the attachment points on the upper surface where the interruption of the airflow has less pronounced consequences.

One source explaining this in more technical detail is this article: https://theansweris27.com/aerodynamics-of-rear-wing-mountings/

chksix likes this.
  12. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Guidofoc and sps_for_race like this.
  13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't think it's a coincidence that they'll release the first ever "official" GT3 Corvette the same year Le Mans is scheduled to run GT3 cars.

chksix and Felge Schneider like this.
  14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I believe it will actually be a cool thing that Eau Rouge can't be taken flat anymore. I think older layouts already had it a lot tighter than it is today, if I'm not mistaken.
    Edit: Maybe safer as well?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Dewald Nel likes this.
  15. Felge Schneider

Dewald Nel likes this.
  16. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

But if more downforce is created on the rear wing doesn't that mean that you automatically have more drag and therefore less topspeed? Obviously idk about the real car, but in ACC the Audi didn't feel so bad under braking that I would trade topspeed for drivability. In the end isn't that the problem of the Porsche?

17. Felge Schneider

Not necessarily. Some drag is useful, some not. Maybe, the new rear wing setup creates more downforce with the same drag. Otherwise, they could just use more wing in the setup to achieve the same effect without a redesign.

JnJ | Rayleigh and Dewald Nel like this.
  18. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Yea, makes sense

19. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

New Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS Clubsport with 500 PS engine taken directly from the 911 GT3 Cup.

20. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien