1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Features missing from hybrid systems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

you dont know nothing about coding but you think that a algorithm that not even f1 teams have will be easy.
    Theres no easy in coding, im trying to do a best splits app and is becoming a nightmare, apps have.acess to the telemetry why dont teach yourself some python and try to do some ultrarudimentary version? (if you are into this thing can be very fun)

2. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

What you want is not only per track but also gps based energy deployment. Yeah that's not a delusional suggestion at all and challenging it is definitely fanboyism.

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

But Formula One teams do have that.
    Also, I'm not the one making and selling the sim, why should I know that? That's no argument at all.
    When a customer asks me to change or implement something in their product, I don't ask them to do it themselves.
    And yes, I do realize that AC is past version 1.0 and they aren't obligated to add anything more, I'm just saying it would be a really nice feature.

It wouldn't be GPS based, even in F1 they probably don't use GPS since I don't think it would react quick enough. It would be telemetry-based. Please show me why it's delusional and I'll stop posting here.

I hope you guys remember I wasn't the one to start with the personal comments, but that's to be expected when you ask for anything on this forum. Even happened when I suggested driver swaps...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Just to illustrate:
    Here's a random telemetry log I got from google, I took the throttle position data and divided each full throttle zone in percentage (not real values, just guesswork).
    [​IMG]
    So we have zones with 10, 18, and 8% of the full throttle time over the entire lap. If the electric energy is simply multiplied by those values and applied to each zone, there would be a much more efficient application of the energy, certainly better than a fixed profile or than being controlled just by the driver himself.
    The Sim would just have to read the telemetry and adjust the deployment accordingly. The position detection is made by the AI spline, as it is with the delta timing.
    After the application of electric energy, those throttle values would change, the game would then make a new iteration and slightly adjust the profile, until at some point you'd have a fixed profile that you could save and use for that circuit, just like a setup (wouldn't want it to adapt after every lap, since an accident, or interaction with other cars might mess that up).

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's delusional to imagine a system like this. I'm not saying it's ideal, and it's definitely not as complex as the systems used in F1 or WEC, but it's probably a good step from where we are now.

baboon likes this.
  5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Personal comments not found until your fanboyism crap.

GPS react quick enough ? React to what? Deployment is not directly linked to GPS. The car only needs to know which corner it's going be coming out of and then apply a particular throttle/speed/gear based profile until next "area". It's not ok, coordinates 97.0984703 and 48.9393 let's send 80Nm of MGUK torque.

What you just suggested would be worse than what we have. Even a pure 100% speed based deployment is more effective than that. Implementing simplification like this one is not delusional, it's pretty much what we have. Implementing proper optimization is delusional.

Edit : Maybe move on and refocus your thread on the first two suggestions because these two do make sense.

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

What I meant by the fanboyism thing is that it's very common in this forum to see comments like "the game doesn't need it, it's too difficult, wouldn't be benefitial". I've done it before, you've done it here.

So you know for a fact that F1 uses GPS? AC has something even better, which is the AI spline. I really don't think F1 has a delta timer in real time, but AC does because it uses the spline, so you're covered on that issue.
    A "pure 100%" speed based deployment isn't efficient. At some straights when you reach 260 you're not even starting the straight, in others, even before that you already reach the braking zone. So it's better to deploy energy when you know you'll be accelerating for a long time.
    And yes, I realize that only using throttle input is also not ideal. If you're accelerating for a long time, but already came fast into the straight, then deploying too much energy at already high speeds would be wasteful. What I'm saying is: now you only have speed-based profiles, but you could improve them a lot by adding other inputs into them, like making the car know what comes next based on previous laps.
    I know that F1-level optimization for AC may be delusional, you don't have to say that on every post. I'm just saying it could be way better than it is even without using rocket science.

7. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's amazing I somehow gotta come up with "proof" for something as basic as F1 uses GPS but you can come up with a random 100% throttle graph and we somehow have to accept it's oh so more efficient than what we have.

You have talent for twisting your posts as if you were making a point and adding info but it's just empty stuff. Good luck I hope one day you get what you suggested.

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

What if the profile used the speed delta from each acceleration zone? What you want is to maximize acceleration over the course of the lap, right? So if you deploy your energy based on the positive speed difference that every acceleration zone gives, you'll maximize acceleration.
    Would that be any good?
    [​IMG]

9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

You don't have to accept anything, man. All I'm doing is thinking of ideas that could minimize laptime with the use of a custom profile. I don't know where you got all that bad mood from, definitely wasn't my intention.
    I'm not saying my ideas would work, I'm just trying to think of something that would, even if it never makes into the sim.

baboon likes this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually it really sounds like typical transmission wine. The difference is mostly when and how it sets in or cuts off.

Thus imo it has to do with the coupling of the MGU to the gearbox rather than the MGU itself. Like it's a part of the transmission that is coupled/clutched in only when necessary.
    From an electric motor/generator, I wouldn't really expect such a noise.

11. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Yes I wasn't very clear. MGU is on the front axle, ICE is on the rear axle and they are not connected to each other in any mechanical way.

If it's gear whine it's because the MGU has its own tiny gear reductor at a fixed ratio which is very possible but still means noise is directly linked to eletrical power going in or out and that's what I was trying to say.