1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Jul 29, 2016.

1. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

That would be nice, bu season passes tend to not disclose the content that will be included. It's normally along the lines "All # upcoming DLC" or in the case of AC probably "All 24 Porsches", with no information as to what said DLC is.
    Borderlands Pre-Sequel got a bunch of flak for some of the DLC's not being worth it and people regretting buying the season pass, since some of the DLC seemed to just be filler to get to the promised number of DLC. o_O (BL2 season pass however was rather good)

However, there's no need to put down money before you know what's in the pack, since you can just wait for each pack to be released and then buy it. That's usually the "deal" with season passes, you get the content cheaper, but you're buying blind. If you want to make an educated purchase, wait for the DLCs to actually get released. :)

Mogster and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I would have estimated something in the 15-20k€ region per track, since it probably is a day or two of scanning, equipment cost and probably quite some time to evaluate the data and create the point cloud.

200k€ would also just be the cost for equipment, then you still need the people to actually do the scans and create the point cloud.

Plus people who do only those things are probably way faster to complete all those tasks, possibly with even better results.

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Edit: Ah, so this is related to Gtx 1080 only... single pass rendering stuff. So not gonna benefit from it with 980 Ti :( But FPS improvements coming possibly in 1.8 not related to this, which I'm very happy of

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the stream, marco and stefano.

Still, I'll say I am a bit disappointed as some of my favorite cars such as road mclaren F1, P4 330, Tipo 33, Subaru, Aston Martin and so on arent coming to AC. So we are getting 24 Porsches while other manufacturers seemed all forgotten over this Porsche deal. The American and Japanese cars line up is really weak to be honest while the game just go full on Porsche and Lotus. It is a very uneven car list with numerous Porsches and Lotus then almost everything else has really slim selections.

It really feel like its Porsche Unleashed 2 than a game showcasing some of the best automotive around the world.

Deleted member 18758 and xela1 like this.
  5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Marco explained on stream that not every manufacturer is easy to work with.
    Then if you think about it and know that Porsche contacted Kunos (and are actually willing to share all data they have) then it's a freaking nobrainer to fully go for it.
    It's the blessing & the curse of Porsche you can say. Yes we finally got it but now a lot of focus has to go to that. And tbh, I don't really mind it, we will finally get a worthy representation of one of the most iconic cars in the world in a sim.
    I think most people here are bummed out about the Aston thingy but if Aston isn't willing to work out a deal then it ends there. Maybe in the future Kunos can use Porsche & other manufacturers + Console as a leverage to get the Aston license.

6. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

With the announced porsche season pass triple pack dlc "hopefully on steam" . I would happily buy this kind of content blindly. And with kunos dlc pricing you would be crazy not to get the season pass and save even more on their already lost cost high quality content.

7. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

I dont buy the excuse that manufacturer is hard to work with because you are using their IP, you ought to play by their rules where some manufacturer can be more strict than others and some have bizarre requests that leave you head scratching. That is expected, not say that it's hard to work with and abandon working with them to focus on the easy ones. It's lazy.

It is no surprised that Kunos should go full on Porsche but I really dont think it's a good idea to go to the point that other manufacturers felt abandoned. Like how the Tipo 33 is low priority now while many of the cars talked about previously such as Ford GT GT3, P4/5 Road and so on, we dont even know it's coming or not. Now, I dont even know I'll ever see a AMG GTS, P4 330 and other potential cars from existing manufacturers in this game. These content could be cancelled or pushed back to make way for the Porsche that adds more disappointment in Kunos licensing for me.

Porsche is big deal in AC or any other game and I am excited for it, I dont think it's wise for Kunos to focus all on Porsche and ignore all other licensed content so far. The car list will look quite unbalanced with dozens of Porsche and Lotus, then, some manufacturers only have a handful despite they could offer as much cars as Porsche.

I was expecting to see perhaps 10-15 Porsches, considering their racing legacy along with a diverse selection of cars from other existing manufacturers. Not 24 Porsches with tiny bits and pieces from other manufacturers from now on other than Audi have quite a few cars on the horizon.

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I agree with you that we need more Loti to balance things out! :D

PhenOm and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Kunos are not ONLY focused on porsche .Yes its a high priority and so it should be after 10 years in the cold.but if you have been paying attention there's a lot of cars coming from other manufactures in the near future. Plus name any other game that can bring this many quality cars in the timeframe kunos does. You will find the answer is NONE. I am very thankful for having a dev team that punches well above their weight and i hope the console release is a massive success for them and us

10. :rolleyes:
    Why, Kunos announced the same day as the Porsche reveal that there would be 20....o_O

Anyways, 14 of the 38 cars that are scheduled to be released this year are non-Porsche; just because none of them are among the handful of cars that you desire does not mean that they don't exist. Just sayin'

(this does prove the old saying about never being able to please all the people, all the time, though.)

11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It's always nice though as a consumer to make informed choices. I didn't buy the JP pack because there was nothing in it that interested me. I think I'd rather wait and see exactly what content is being offered before putting down any money, besides, I'd be surprised if they don't already have a list of what content will be available, so if thats the case why not just tell people? I personally don't like the practise of non disclosure of content that I've seen from other developers. I've witnessed lots of outrages and upsets from several playerbases (not from myself as I've never bought into them).

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  12. Best thing you could do, if whatever amount of money is that important to you that you are afraid of wasting it, it to wait until the dlc packs have been out long enough for them to be on sale on Steam. By then you will have a ton of videos and other resources to aid in making an informed choice.
    ----------------
    It has been statistically proven that hype generates additional sales, so it would be against Kunos best interests to announce all the cars in the third pack before the first one even goes on sale. (would still be cool if they went against the grain and released the entire list at one time, but Marco would probably have to fire himself for actions detrimental to the company.)

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

For now we only know that the first of three Porsche DLCs is coming this year afaik.
    I didn't looked what was released this year, but if mymemory is right it's already like 20 cars or so.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

There are not 38 cars scheduled to be released this year. Also not 24 Porsches.

The way I understood that was that there will be 2 Porsche DLCs this year and one possibly at the beginning of next year.
    Also, for some cars, Marco explicitely said that they are scheduled for release at the beginning of 2017.
    e.g. the TS040

15. Marco said in the stream that there are 4 cars coming with 1.8 and that there is another 10 car pack in the works that is not Porsche and is scheduled to be released before the end of the year. I distinctly remember hearing that, but will listen to the entire stream again in the next day or two to fully confirm. I also would swear that I heard Marco say that the plan is to release all 24 Porsche by the end of the year, but again, maybe I heard that somewhere else...sometimes I miss things or mis-hear things that are said live because of the distraction of moderating the chat.

laurentrabier likes this.
  16. some1pl

some1pl Alien

But did he say that all 3 Porsche packs are going to be released this year? I don't remember that.

17. Like I said, maybe I heard that somewhere else. I will try to re-watch the stream tomorrow.

18. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

He said the Porsches were a top priority and they would be released before anything else following the console pack and not to really expect anything other than them in the meantime. He then said that a lot of cars other than Porsche could be expected in early January 2017. Thus, by using a bit of thinking, you can deduce that all 24 will be out roughly by the end of the year.

Also, if I remember correctly from before the Red Pack, Kunos had planned an additional 40 cars for release by the end of the year. I assume part of that 40 was the original 20 Porsche models. That was later changed to 24 Porsche models. The Red Pack was 8 cars, and the console pack is 3-4. I'm guessing Kunos changed their plans to instead try to finish all of the Porsche instead of the ~30 they originally wanted to do instead. Regardless, I doubt we even get all the Porsche out by the end of the year.

I wonder if Porsche has some special deal for including lots of cars in games. Forza Porsche packs have also always seemed to have a ton of cars. Forza 4 had 30+, Forza 6 had 21, and Horizon 2 had 10.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Japanese Pack, Mustang, C7 Stingray and 500 Esse Esse were also this year.

20. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The quote was specifically before the Red Pack as I mentioned. But thanks.

Schnipp likes this.