1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Jul 29, 2016.

1. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Umm, we just got four Maseratis added to the game where before we had zero. We just had three more Ferraris added to the game, with two more coming next month (by my count that's around 10 Fezzas). We're getting another Audi next month, and the new addition of Praga. We recently got multiple Mazdas and Nissans and Toyotas added. We're also scheduled to get another 10 car DLC pack by the end of the year that is NOT Porsche. We have multiple Lambos, multiple BMWs, multiple Alfas.....explain to me again how other manufacturers are being neglected? o_O

Also, remember two things about licensing: 1: Just because they get a license to put a Ford Mustang in the game doesn't mean they are licensed to put ALL Ford's in the game, and B: When the most desired marque in sim racing comes to you and says we want 24 of our cars in your sim PDQ, you drop what you're doing and get those cars in the game PDQ. As for Aston, if the marque has strict demands that don't jive with your intentions and/or they want more money for the license than you're willing to spend, you kindly pass on the deal. You don't just bow down and pay whatever they want just because some guy on the internetz wants an Aston in the game. Suzuka isn't going to in the game because it's too expensive, Aston isn't going to be in the game because it's too expensive, simple economics. Once the Porsche's are done other cars from other marques will come, it's not like they're going to quit making new cars after the Porsche DLC.

2. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Thank you, I couldn't have said it any better!

Freddie Seng and BrandonW77 like this.
  3. pablex13

pablex13 Racer

OT: entertaining and informative stream as usual @Lord Kunos , this 'open door twitch development update' policy is great and it constructs great confidence in Kunos Simulazioni' as a team and Assetto Corsa as a product.
    keep making these awesome games and i will keep buying them.
    .... regarding the forum being a place full of negativity, well it is inevitable. use what you can and out with the trash! (my gandpa used to say), but im sure you are aware that such a big link to the community as important as this one is priceless, even with all the garbage that comes with it.

comedy topic:
    ac forum community, my #2 source of pure comedy!... AC Forum Presents: Non-official free Lawyer(s) VS Party Poopers&Debby Downers Season 3 Starts November 8th 2016!

i dnt know much, i just like racing games, but i do know that when i grow up i wanna be just like mike! i mean chat moderator?... WOW
    i rememba when u was' a little baby shark man! =' )

4. Brilliant! :D

pablex13 likes this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

How are the questions asked? Via Twitter?

I don't have twitter, so maybe someone can ask this question for me:
    Do they have plans to simulate damaged tyres? Like punctures or blowouts (e.g. due to wear or heat)?

(I guess the answer is no, but who knows?)

6. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

YouTube live chat.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Don't know about punctures, but you can already blow tires.
    Although till now it only happened when I got a bit mad and shredded the rears with burnouts.

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Graining, blistering, flat spoting, punctures through heat are simulated ( not visually ) .

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Tried that with burnouts/donuts for approx. 10-15min, with the rears being overpressured from the beginning and nothing happened.
    After the cooldown, the tyres are the same as before (minus tyre wear).

@liakjim: I know that flat spots, graining and blistering are simulated, but I've never had a broken tyre, be it a puncture or a blowout.
    If the effect is present, I guess it's much too weak.

Would be great if it's visualized as well, but that's optional and not necessary.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not registered on youtube either and don't want to.

But I meant the list of questions he had prepared in a word document.
    Did that come from the chat as well?

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Make sure you have tyre wear and damage on.
    It's from an older build but still.

It's from the comments section under his previous stream(s) on YT.

pablex13 likes this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Since tire blow ups are possible under most exaggatarted condiscions this is an aspect AC could truely improve on.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK. Could not blow the tire on LaFerrari, but I know I did it before with that car.
    You definitely see and feel when it happens and the rim of the blown tire is on asphalt height. You can even see that the car is hanging to one side.

But maybe Kunos changed something here.
    Damage and tire wear both on, of cause.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Of course but it wasn't the topic in this post. He said that he didn't get it after 10-15 minutes of burnouts, it took me less than 30s as can be seen on the video. So yes it is possible and yes it needs some tweaking.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, we had that comparison before...
    Shurely a new fight each new day...

16. Maybe once Aris gets all cars on v10 tires, and is satisfied with how brake temps and wear works (along with implementing it on all 100+ cars), and completes the physics on all the cars in the development pipeline for this year he will find time to make blowouts a bit more realistic.

17. Doesn't take long doing burnouts with the F1 cars to get a blow out, about 10 seconds of donuts will do it

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, first time I did it with the LaFerrari it took a minute or two. As I tried a few minutes ago there was no blowout after 7 or 8 minutes, tires were fully worn down after 5 or 6 minutes.

But since we are at tires, does somebody know where tire wear in the tire app is explained?
    So there is the bar that lowers with wear and green/yellow/red color for them, but what does each thing exactly mean and how do these two things cohere?

19. this is not about blowout fanboy, its
    about the tyre wear simulation. Its cery simplified now. You can drive hard a dtm tyre for 300km straight, even past the point where the red bar completely disappears from the tyre app.

Right now heres how it works and yall will understand the situation: The basic of the tyre wear simulation, that in my opinion is the one thing thatd need improvement is a lut table: (linear distance traveled by the tyre vs perfomance level %). Graining and Bistering only affects this by adding
    another multiplier to calculation, like for example whenevr you drive a car on cold tyres, it doesnt matter how hard you drive, the multiplier is applied. This
    means that apart from the simplistic distance vs perfomance apprpach, grain and bliater only occur when theyre driven out of the perfomance range. Ive also never seen any blowout.

pablex13 and baboon like this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Please be nice on us "fanboys"...
    Your observations are utmost right. Let's smooth out. Do it in communion...
    And than, race...:)