1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You are something else.
    Every thread you show up in, it's like someone farted on your pizza.

2. baboon

baboon Alien

I finished now watching the whole epsiode. Was very interesting, looking forward to the next :)

3. Go to 1:38:57
    Marco: "24 cars from Porsche, landing within this year, in Assetto Corsa" ; "and another 10 cars, more than 10 cars currently under development"

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Marco says with Porsche and the other 10 cars WIP that new projects/new manufactures would need to wait at least to 2017, but he didn't say that this means all Porsche DLCs and the other WIP will come in 2016.
    Later he says 1st Porsche DLC would be due in September.

5. I guess we read those quotes differently, what do I know?
    ------
    He even explains that an entire new manufacturer license has to wait until next year simply because of the flood of Porsche's in the development pipeline. (and yes, when Porsche ask you to kindly put a bunch of their cars in your sim, you take all they have to offer; especially when you are in a window of exclusivity)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Well, he did:

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Sorry, you're right. Must have misheard the "landing this year". :oops:

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  8. I assumed that the ten under development included the four expected in August (FXX-K, Praga, A1, 488). So another six, many of which he mentioned as being due in January/early 2016. Perhaps expecting another dream pack this year, in addition to Porsche is a bit much, but perhaps they will do a Laguna Seca pack in Jan?

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think from what Marco and Stefano said the next track (or one of the next tracks) could be Laguna Seca.
    I'm watching the older streams since the stream after Red Pack release was the first one I saw. Just watching S03E03 with Simone, the track guy at Kunos.

At 1:15:51

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

You have more than 100 cars to drive already.
    Personally with more than 1300 hours, can't say that I mastered them all ( not just drove, but reaching my personal best ).
    My advice is to use the content you already given. Let the company release when and if ready.
    We have more than enough already.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. Motorsports

Motorsports Gamer

It's though on me when I see people complain about the porsche DLC. Or Any DLC from Assetto.

Not only it's a gift, as Kunos didn't have to reach to them but actually the otherway. This simulation has been chosen amongst any others.

It's a partnership, as Assetto represent them in porsche center and we get the benefit of getting data that couldn't be find anywhere.

I've jumped in the AC bandwagon last year when it was still 1.1.3 and i've followed the evolution. 1.2.5, 1.3.4 ... 1.5 & etc.

So much has changed and so much has been brought to the game in such a small time : one year has gone real quick.

Now the pricing ? It's ridiculous how low it is, less than a snack or a McDo you would throw in the day anyways.

We get quality content, that's here to stay : assetto is not a game, it's simulator that has been here for 5 years now and it's not going anywhere in the next 3 years.

There's a message behind that : Community.

We pay low price for quality content because we act as a community. We have every months ( if not every week) updates, sneak pics, trailers, poll, and so on.
    The content is based on what's most popular as we saw with dreampack. Almost everyone has the DLC because we act as a community.

Yes we may not like Japanese or more ferrari. But if we didn't bought the hype around the Japanese while they were wanted, what are the chances we buy other packs to come that are also hyped ?

We all buy content in the hope that in the next DLC, the content we (personnaly this time) wish comes out. That's why it's cheap, that's why we get many DLC, that's why develloper can offer this to us and we have to back them up, to trust their work and trust them that we also are behind them so they can do that.

I can't see any other simulator nor games that is as close as Assetto Corsa . And i'm thankfull. I really am.

I play other games, and also other simulators, i've played for quite a long time now. Just to put things in order, a full licenced plane on Prepar3d by boeing can go as high as 150$. 1 single plane. Quality content is expensive, licenced quality content, let's not even talk about.

And here we get an official porsche pack of many cars for what... Maybe 30$? The price of a ticket of Dolby Theather in NYC ?

Sorry guys. Had to put things back in order.
    Let's act as a community so we can all benefit from each other.

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah it is literally bigger than Gran Turismo now. Because each unit is so much more. I wonder if any manufacturer was ever worried about the fact that this software might recreate car handling too well lol, I mean we all partially have had experience with such cars as F40 and so on :D Yes- virtually, but still, IMO it is valuable experience, look at Aris doing crazy things moments after he got into Aventador SV...

Other question is why tracks are so damn expensive to license, is it true that it costs like ~100 000 euros ? I really don't know, but heard somewhere, I find it unbelievable, would believe that this is how much Suzuka is asking. I regret I didn't had these questions for Marco in the YT stream.

C'mon license Nemuno Ziedas from Lithuania, nobody knows it (thats a con really), they (it would be more appropriate to say that track needs money, not thay, but who knows - because corruption) badly need money. It is entertaining track, and would be cheap I guess :D

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

How is this is even an issue? I just... this forum... o_O

Also, Cheesenium, get your act together. Your last dozen messages are almost all in a negative tone, I don't think that's warranted. You can criticise Kunos and the game without going full on negative in every single post. I'd be more willing to welcome and maybe agree with the critique if you could do that...

nate, Freddie Seng, pablex13 and 6 others like this.
  14. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Why are they suddenly "lazy" because they think some manufacturers are hard to work with? It's called being efficient. If I can work on 24 cars that will have a significant impact on sales & how the game will develop in the future with all the help & data from the manufacturer itself or work on a handful of cars where the manufacturer isn't giving the correct data my choice would be made very quickly.

From a business standpoint it's the correct decision to get the Porsches out first and then the rest. It's all about publicity, marketing, ... Don't forget that Kunos needs to make money from this. Otherwise all other cars that we want in the game will never be possible.

From day 1 it was known that we'd be getting 20 Porsches. Now Porsche decided to add another 4 to the license so we'll be getting 3 DLC's (7 cars each?) and 3 cars for free as updates next (this?) year.
    We'll also be getting 1 full DLC at the end of this year & news on the next DLC with the BMW M6 GT3, Audi R8 LMS & Toyota LMP1 will be coming beginning of next year. So don't think they aren't working on other cars.
    But it's all down to what is the most important for the company itself. You and a lot of other people need to understand that.

15. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

I know, I was thinking the same thing.

16. baliwa

baliwa Hardcore Simmer

This one right? what nice track indeed, but Marco already said on stream they more consider more well known track for AC because more easily attract people to buy it CMIIW. I wonder too how much Suzuka price for license, well still waiting for proper Japanese track someday will be appear whatever mod or official

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

First of all, massive sorry for OT

@baliwa Yes this one :) I wasn't totally serious about it. Kunos needs to sell.

But if you can add a fantasy track, I think you can add any real too, especially if it is not so expensive to license (however not sure how much corrupt management of that track would ask, I also don't know if they are corrupt, because they are very new, previous management seemed to be alright, I'm not sure too). LOL I just had an idea, presenting as a Fantasy track, and then surprising - HEY, it is actually existing IRL :D (Joke)

However if it won't happen (more likely Bridgehampton would go official, just that laserscaning point prevents), then I have started to do this track from scratch, maybe someday something will come out of it :)

In your video there is very little of track shown. Better reference. LOL look at that guy with RX8 turning on turbo, and not expecting what is going to happen.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Marco also talked about licensing costs (in general) compared to the revenue they can achieve with it.
    So I think they need to be known tracks, cause even if you get low licensing fees for unknown tracks it's still a big cost factor to create the tracks. Laser scanning and the time to model the track is still there.
    Today I saw an older stream with Simone and he said he's busy with building a track from scratch for about 2-3 month, depending on length and complexity of track/surroundings.

Seria17hri11er and mantasisg 2 like this.
  19. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

mmm, looks ok in the beginning, but last 2 laps looks like a mess. Plus with this way you would not get any race statistics and etc, because you actually race only 2 last laps. So, would say - this is may be OK for them, but not good for our league )) Hope Stefano will add race by time feature soon. It probably not a big deal for short races, but we do 1.5, 2 and 3h races... So I calculate the distance by laps to get the approximately 1.5h, 2h or 3h race. Usually Im correct. But we have Safety Car and it slows down the races by laps... because under safety car cars go very slow. So Race by Time would give lots of interesting things... hope it will be in the game soon.

20. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

i think the 4 cars don't count because they are already on the console gold master and in the pressing plant.