1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ok, so I wanted to give this a go.

Set up a training session at the Nürburgring GP circuit. 65 liters, Super-Soft tyres on the SF15-T. Drove most of the time in Balanced-High with MGU-K rec at 10, delivery set to motor and Engine Brake at 10.
    The goal was to see how many laps I can do with this tyre until it goes off. The goal was not to set fast times (most were in the range of 1:41 to 1:46).

After 3 laps, the rears began to struggle and times were slightly rising. In that stage I spun it 2 or 3 times because I wasn't used to this kind of behaviour.
    After 7 laps, the rears were in the red, temps began to rise the temperature display was red for the rears (fronts are never a problem on this car unless you lock up a lot).
    Now the struggle really began, was hard to keep the times in the range of 1:45 without heating up the rears, but slowly I managed to stabilize the rear temps (below red) and pressure (approx. 5-6 psi above optimum).
    Laptimes stabilized around 1:45 to 1:46 with occasional high laptimes due to oversteer on corner entry or mid corner (yeah, I know that the MGU-K can be reduced, but I wanted to try).
    It was interesting how smooth my driving got over time doing these laps. Between lap 10 and 20, this was likely the smoothest driving I've ever done.
    Grip didn't degrade that much more until around lap 20. Then it became hard to stay close to 1:45, most laps were rather around 1:47.
    Around lap 25, the wear indicator was at 50%. In lap 26, I ran out of fuel. Wanted to pit (only refuel, not changing tyres), only to realize that there is no pit in practice, so the lesson was over. :(
    So I couldn't force the tyres to break because I over-estimated how long they last.

I suspect though, that in real life, this tyre after this amount of laps would be gone. I highly doubt it would survive that many laps.
    Was really surprised. That's also why I didn't pack in more fuel.

I will try again during the weekend, guess I have to fill it up completely to get that damn super soft of the rim. :D
    Thus, while I think that the devs did a great job regarding the grip degradation, the durability of the tyres could be improved (read: decreased).

BTW, I think it was an interesting challenge.
    We could set something like this up on a server at the weekend: One car (SF15-T? or another?), 50 laps, fixed setup with SS tyres.
    See who gets to see the checked flag.

Who's in? ;)

Edit: Should add, I tried the burnout and this time it worked.
    But when the tyres are gone, you can't drive anymore and are teleported to the pits. Which is sad, because with a single puncture you could try to drive to the pits to change tyres as they do in real life.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Sorry but your experiment is lacking scientific background so you simply can't say that something needs to be improved or not.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

God, some people always have to complain …

Of course it's not a scientific experiment, it was just an experiment for me to find out how it behaves and I thought I share the results of that experiment.
    Surely in a real race it's irrelevant since nobody is going to drive 25 laps in tyres that actually only last 3-5 laps.

However, if you were going to do that in real life, I highly doubt that the tyres would last 25 laps at the ring.
    Medium yeah, maybe soft, but not the super soft.

So what I stated there is that the durability could(!) be decreased. And I think I made it clear that it's only my opinion …

Yatzeck likes this.
  4. In real life even the softest tires aren't going to simply blow out after 3-5 laps of use.

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

That's not specific to the puncture though, it's cause the wheels don't touch the ground (low car + high profile tires, when they blow out the rim doesn't touch the ground) so auto-teleport happens.

As far as I know tire blowouts are solely caused by tire temperature getting too high right now, there's no way to get a puncture by damaging the tire. The code for punctures is there but it's disabled for the same reason as some other disabled stuff (not enough testing, or not enough data to make it work correctly - they prefer to leave it out until they can do it right).

6. How high is too high? Is it possible to define this value somewhere?

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Should be able to see it on tire apps, iirc it's around 300 degrees but only carcass (not surface) temps. And you can't set it but you can effectively determine the conditions where tires get that hot by tweaking the heating parameters.

8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I believe last week in Germany a few drivers did around 20 laps on super softs for their last stint (Verstappen?). I certainly don't think they would fail after 25 laps, they would probably be rubbish but it's pretty rare to see all out tire failures in F1 that weren't due to debris. They degrade quickly but they rarely explode. Sure, VET's failed catastrophically in Austria but it was due to debris as other drivers did the same length on those compounds with no explosions.

9. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I'm curious as to what in physics engine and tires is stopping cars from realistically flipping over.. Anyone knows where that was explained by any of the devs?

10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Tire camber sensitivity's tuned to give realistic behaviour within -10 to 10 degrees of camber, to roll a car you have to go way outside that (60+ before most cars reach a tipping point) and there's not as much grip left as there should be.

[​IMG]

Sorta like this although that's not the exact shapes involved.

As above there's literally no literature about tire cambers above ~10 degrees so they'd just be making things up either way.

You can set up a tire to give more grip over a wider range of cambers but then camber tuning has almost no effect on grip. (the reliant robin did this cause rolling over is more important than camber tuning on a car with no camber adjustability)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    LeDude83, Boris Lozac, baboon and 4 others like this.
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Of course not, but after 20-30 laps, they might, depending on the circuit and the circumstances.
    Vettel had that last year at Spa. iirc on soft tyres.
    Absolutely ok with that.

Otherwise thanks for the info.
    That strongly depends on the circuit.
    Hockenheim is more like a Stop&Go circuit with only 2-3 relatively fast corners that put stress on the tyre.
    The kind of tarmac as well as its age also strongly influences the durability.
    That's why in Sochi the tyres basically lasted forever.

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Off the top of my head I can think of about 5-6 corners that would be fairly high stress on the tires. Regardless, we rarely see catastrophic failures of tires due to wear in F1 at any circuit so I still wouldn't expect a Super Soft to fail after 20-25 laps. I think the last time we saw anything like that was Spa 2015 (VET and ROS) but even the Pirelli said they were due to cuts from debris/kerbs and not from excessive wear. I'm sure they'd fail eventually, but I think it would take closer to 30-40 laps on most surfaces (just a guess though, I'm no expert but F1 is my religion).

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, Pirelli said that, but it's a fact that after Spa they increased the minimum tyre pressure to avoid the tyres failing. So I have my doubts regarding the official statement.

Normally nobody would do 20-25 laps with super soft on a circuit that puts stress on the tyres, because the performance of these things will be horrible after a short time.
    As I wrote, I experienced that myself. After 6-9 laps, you would have made the time up for a pit stop if running on softs or mediums.
    (Maybe not in AC, as pit stops take more time than in real F1.)

I might try at Spa, surely will result in an "interesting" drive. Basically I want to see what happens if the wear meter is down to 0.
    (And I want to practice driving this car in a smooth way.)

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't know if someone asked this on the stream, and even though they probably wouldn't have answered it, I'll ask.
    Have they confirmed the Porsche GT3 car?

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No, Marco mentioned the 911 GT3 Cup (Carrera Cup) and the Cayman GT4 Clubsport (GT4 class) on the last stream. I doubt they wouldn't also implement both current 911 GT3 R (GT3 class) and 911 RSR (GTE/GTLM) if they can. As for the GT3(RS) road car, no idea - I'd hope the RS makes it in.

AlleyViper, Schnipp and baboon like this.
  16. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Gt4 is already fine, it's a shame we don't see too many people racing them online. But GT3 and GTLM would be incredible.

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't really think GT4 is 'fine' in AC. But we're off to a great start. We've got two actual GT4 vehicles in the game right now that are from seasons at least seven years apart and not really comparable in pace plus a few other similar cars. I do believe it works fine as it is now for one-make series, multiclass racing and online with ballast to an extent but GT4 is definitely one series that could be expanded upon in the future, especially considering how popular GT3 is. GT4 would be a perfect entry series in AC complementary to GT3 IMHO.

Btw. because Marco mentioned during the stream when asked about it that it was the first time he even heard about it - @Licensing Master the BMW M4 GT4 is coming to GT4 in the 2018 season:

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...customer-racing-with-the-bmw-m4-gt4-from-2018
    http://gt4series.com/pr-bmw-extends...ustomer-racing-with-the-bmw-m4-gt4-from-2018/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I meant to say it's fine to drive, the Maserati at least. Not that the series is well represented within the sim.

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Ah. Yes, totally agree! Sorry. xD

20. There already is a m4 gt4:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mESCx and pablex13 like this.