1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

netKar PRO versus AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, Dec 21, 2013.

1. 3316V

3316V Alien

2. Like Albert says i also prefer netKars ffb fidelity simply cause it was set and drive,while with AC i had to fiddle a lot with the ffb settings.Its not that i dont like it,i was just so well tuned with netKars ffb and of course after a while used to it.But we are stll only scrathing the surface of AC,so ill give it some more time before final judgement.

A big hello and merry christmass to Roberto Wally Albert and Sergio from our netKar days.Lets hope well be able to do a reunion race soon with all he IRON and RSR guys.

Roberto maybe we should ask for a modding team to bring our beloved F1600/1800 from nK to AC and have fun times sliding again.

3. Tim James

Tim James Rookie

4. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

Erm, are we getting anything tomorrow?

Also, I'm really looking forward to it too :p

5. panda

panda Racer

-- FFB
    Same here, I prefer nkPro's FFB because it's more "direct", it makes me feel what's going on with wheels, and that's perfect (my hands receiving almost same data than my IRL car)

I'm not able to configure AC FFB settings to feel that, and it's very frustrating !
    AC FFB gives too smooth data, not very understandable in my hands. :(

Anyway, not the thread's subject : I have to say that xBox paddle integration (yes, shame on me using paddle sometimes :p) is very nice ;)

-- Start Button, Direct Pits & Don't touch my old tyres !
    In car, the Start button disapeared ! :oops: It was a so great (new-and-soooo-logical) nkPro feature !
    (yes, I've read the Lords's explanation in a old interview... but : the Start button miss me. Full immersion here)
    Last nkPro default configuration (auto-start enabled, desactivable) was great.

Direct Pits disapeared too, I really hope to see it coming back. Obviously, I can not believe it wouldn't :rolleyes:.

ChangeTyre buttons (Front & Rear) were also a huge feature in nkPro, so logical too...

paulieGTR and Big Engine like this.
  6. Hi Nasos, wishes of a Very happy New Year to you and all the old NKP guys.

Like some of you, I also prefer the NKP FFB and sense of immersion, AC by now is like some food plate that when we see it, looks like it will be very tasty, but when we taste it, we discover they forgotten to put the salt in it.:(

Albert McSaltens and paulieGTR like this.
  7. Just remember, they have 6 more builds to add salt ;)
    Aris just confirmed to me that tire flat spotting will be in by V1.0

paulieGTR likes this.
  8. mad_marty

mad_marty Gamer

...and maybe we also get some pepper so it will be even better ;-)

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

I believe netkar pro tyre model is superior to ac, not in all respects though, but overall. I wish AC used an evolution of the Netkar Pro tyre model rather than starting from scratch. Netkar Pro reminds me much more of how cars behave on the limit, with the proper amount of sensitivity to your throttle/brake/steering inputs, while having the car less forgiving but in a realistic and dynamic way (not in a "I think harder always = more realistic way") while always giving the driver good control. Everything feels much more dynamic and raw in NK Pro to me, just felt like a proper sim, as if I am actually strapped to a car where as in AC I still feel like I'm just playing a video game, albeit a very awesome video game :)

10. I feel the exact opposite of you Spinelli....As good as Netkar is I feel that AC is another level higher...I can only imagine how good the tire model will be once all the features are implemented and Aris is through tweaking on it. When you add the licensed cars and graphics and laser scanned tracks on top it really is a no brainer for me....Not sure why anybody would think that Stefano would take a step back instead of a step forward..Maybe it has to do with Netkar being almost exclusive to open wheelers and for now there isn't but a couple to choose from and I am a tin-top kind of guy but for as much as I loved driving the Vintage and Vintage Replica I can't go back to it after driving AC.

Why do you think Stefano chose to start with an entirely new model instead of evolving the one he already had? Wouldn't it seem that working with what he already had would have been the much easier of the options? If he chose the more difficult path it had to be for a reason and it would make sense that the reason would be he could get even better (more realistic) results from a clean piece of paper.

I would wait until at least V1.0 to decide how let down or disappointed you are with AC considering that every build has brought new tweaks to the tire and that major features are still to be implemented...Not really fair to compare a product that had years of tweaking and updating done to it to one that is not fully released yet IMO.

At least those of ya'll that like Netkar better can get together and race online; I am jealous of that very much.

11. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

I still feel that most of you guys are comparing the FF1600 to, let's say, the 458.

Try the vintage and then try another tin top in AC. Do you still prefer nKP's tire model?

12. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

IMO tyre model and car behavior in general are quite superior in AC than in netkar. But the ffb even if good is not as good as the one in the old title. Some times i think that right now we have a sim with a great physic but a ffb that maybe can't make us really enjoy it

ACgt1 and paulieGTR like this.
  13. It is realistic. IRL I've felt exactly the same rumbles from a under-steering 3er bmw in skid pad.

paulieGTR likes this.
  14. GravesLab

GravesLab Rookie

Do people still race NKP? I was thinking of buying this while waiting for AC multiplayer.

paulieGTR likes this.
  15. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

Starting from scratch with a different philosophy doesn't always mean the end result will be superior, also, it doesn't even nessesarily mean the aim was to be an evolution but possibly just "different". There is general car behaviour (not good behaviour) in AC's overall tyre model that I never experienced in any version of netkar pro, including it's very early versions like 1.0, 1.01, 1.02 all while physics in that title were going through updates over a few years period as well.

Also, I feel your post was directed more as a defence/rebound of my post, rather than you simply posting for the sake of replying to the thread, which is fine but is it just me or do I feel you like to constantly always have to say something everytime I "open my mouth" about AC? Like you're a police officer always keeping an eye out on me or something. The fact that you mention how I should wait until v1.0 before deciding how let down or disapointed I am with AC is just suspiciously odd as I did not even say either of those in my post, IN FACT, I said that AC is an awesome game. So quick to get all defensive.

mad_marty and Tucker73 like this.

16. WTF??

17. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

The biggest difference for me(sorry for stating the obvious), is the tracks in nKPro and the FFB, but that's another story. ;)

I mean those fantasy tracks were amazingly modelled(great imagination) and were of such good fun, i hope they make their way into AC. :)

18. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

How so? We have different steering wheels and without any tweaking option is pretty much useless. I can't stand it on my GT3RS. I wish I could make it less strong with some slider in options.

19. I will still wait for some new open wheelers cars for a better comparison between NKP and AC, I also never liked the Abarth on NKP and loved those open wheelers.

On other hand, we can see that the AC target is completely different from NKP, having all these fast road cars, makes clear what is the new target. But for me, having mainly road cars with only racing tracks wasn't the best option to start. Yesterday, I try the Lotus Scura @Joux Plane and I enjoy driving that car there. The feeling was pretty good.

20. Raymond

Raymond Racer

For $5 it is worth the investment... there are plenty of tracks available. Though a little light with on-line racers unless you want to set something up with friends. Still for the money it is a something worth trying.