1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oh really? Open letter to the community, this time from a dev...?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Guys, remember - this is a support forum not a racing community forum - that's the way Kunos want it. If you want help - driving tips, setup tips, community special events, leaderboards, etc. (all the things synonymous with a racing sim & community) we've already been told to go elsewhere!

Anyone watch The Apprentice? Do some market research, get everyone giving the same feedback, but the person doing the research doesn't agree so does something else =
    [​IMG]

Don't flame me for this, I'm just reiterating the message we've constantly been given and I'm feeling disillusioned with this forum lately - especially the over-officious moderation of the Online Leagues forum and lack of listening to the community - they may hear us, but they're really not listening.

I'm surprised that this thread isn't locked already!

TCLF likes this.
  2. You might want to read the opening post in this thread....

arthur666 and gcflora like this.
  3. Donnie

Donnie Racer

Read the first post ... and read more posts !
    You can't be more wrong than that ...

I quote :"that's the way Kunos want it" - that's the evidence that you didn't even tried to read the original post !

4. gcflora

gcflora Racer

5. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

I've read the opening post and the whole thread, and have previously responded with suggestions which were supported by many other members of the 'community' but dismissed as an option by moderators because 'THIS IS JUST A SUPPORT FORUM'

esox71 and TCLF like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Moderators dont set the rules, they are just here to see that they are followed.

7. gcflora

gcflora Racer

Better tell @Aristotelis that he's not allowed to comment (and that he mustn't be a moderator) then because he started the thread.

8. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Aristotelis may have posted this but suggestions are being dismissed:

As quoted this is a game support forum and not a forum community...... there are team forums and other forums for that....

9. gcflora

gcflora Racer

Maybe he can ban himself

10. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

I've made my point and now moving on to other sim racing community type discussions (obviously on other forums - not here!) :p:p:D:D

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

bye

Donnie likes this.
  12. .....and yet many of us quite happily post comments that have nothing whatsoever to do with support requests. This suggests to me that it is far more of an AC community forum than either yourself (or possibly even one or two of the moderators) would think.

Ace Pumpkin and kofotsjanne like this.
  13. Donnie

Donnie Racer

And they changed their mind about that ... So let's just keep calm and celebrate \o/

14. Donnie

Donnie Racer

don't come back crying when you'll understand that this is the place to be ... ;)

15. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Not at all - I know that we members are trying to and in a lot of ways have succeeded in making this a community despite the sentiment past to us that this is just a support forum.

I think that you all misunderstand my sarcasms. I have been someone that has been an active part of this community for a while and participated in many chit-chat and other threads. I have just become disillusioned that we're not being allowed to develop even though Aristotelis posted this and we, as a community were given a voice, but our ideas have sadly been dismissed.

This is far from being just a support forum, but it could be so much better if we were heard and listened to rather than just heard. That is the point I have been making - but obviously some of you don't agree - which is your entitlement.

16. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Clearly sarcasm is not understood here so from now one I will talk plain English :cool:

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Nice to read that, I truly hope you enjoy it a lot there ( wherever that is ) and find true happiness.:D

18. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

When did they change their mind - this is news to me?
    Read post above LOL

19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Well a bit exagregated, its not that all things are beeing ignored. Mostly there is a reason and it will be explained to us why the things are how they are.
    Maybe you are just frustrated because you have the feeling missing this or that so badly and if you would have it, it'd make this game perfect for "you" and you feel ignored and alone with your pain ;)
    Understandable, but dont give up, all is in progress and process.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    gcflora likes this.
  20. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Don't worry - I've not given up.

I like being a part of this and my mini sarcastic rant was actually more hoping that the people take the stance in my You're Fired post would see how frustrating it can be and maybe start to listen to us more. What we want is for this to be more than a support forum with a chitchat section section :D.

Aristotelis pumped out his frustration with us in the opening post and we've given 20 or so pages of some very good feedback, but where is it going? The ball is firmly in their court.;)

BTW, there will never be the perfect game for me (apart from Mass Effect LOL), and my frustrations aren't about the game itself.

nonnex likes this.