1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project cars release delayed! new march 2015

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by McStinger, Oct 17, 2014.

1. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Could anyone tell me how to get early access to Project Cars? I watch those videos all the time but can't find anything on their website.

2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

In the most simple answer , legally you can't

3. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

@Patrik Marek I just wanted to joke a little bit (as many others did). Take it easier buddy.

4. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Tbh I don't think it matters. I haven't tried it since build 720 and have no interest in it.

AC is completely different game in separate category to pcars...only competition for AC is rF2, iRacing, GSC extreme and so far AC for me is best overall package only lacking multiplayer element of iRacing.

PCars is graphics, sounds, miscellaneous things tracks are filled with nonsense ads etc like shift...but at physics and most importantly FFB it just falls apart.

I think their aim is Gran Turismo/Forza series.

5. That's how I feel as well. Perhaps people who doesn't drive with a wheel wouldn't notice, but the ffb feels very sanitized, and plain wrong when RWD car starts to power oversteer. Everyone has their own preferences and priorities, for me, ffb is a huge deal and AC feels much more like driving my M3 than Pcars. Well, a professional racer doesn't agree with us or Kunos, so there's that ;)

6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

OIC... never mind...

7. magzire

magzire Alien

good! maybe they actually add physics and ffb.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. AmplifiedNL

AmplifiedNL Simracer

Problem now mainly for in pcars is inconsistency in finished or close to finished content. One map and car looks and drives ok, the other feel like the alpha from 2010.

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

100% correct, the game is far from finished - hence the release date change. Just because we are involved with Pcars doesn't mean we are anti-AC. Quite the contrary. I'll play them all for somewhat different reasons but, they all have something to offer. Time will tell how it stacks up and really, it doesn't matter.

plaid and Patrik Marek like this.
  10. AmplifiedNL

AmplifiedNL Simracer

In my opinion pcars just suffers the Gran turismo syndrome, they want to add this do that change that and it never ends. This game is not heading in any clear direction, it is always changing and getting delays. The way they work we will not get to a release by end 2015 lol, because practical everything is unfinished and when they get around to something that is remotely finished they want to get new things in already and start things over. It's a shame really, development was up to par with AC back in 2011.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think that will happen with a large team and a lot of other influences, multiple platforms, etc. I just look at what they have accomplished so far, the amount of effort and energy going in, help from the pro's, etc. and I don't see it ending badly. It's done when it's done and I'll play it either way - no regrets at all; and all that from an old guy like me.:)

12. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

AmplifiedNL, this extension is for polish only. They do know what they want. And even more to come after release. You'll see :)

WannaBE likes this.
  13. Hopefully this gives them enough time to fix your car smashing into the pit lane wall and getting damaged before you even get control of it. And make a believable physics and FFB package.

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Humm, ok, i see who is the fanboy here...

15. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

At least, i'm informed. Call it what you like.

Michael,

Physics will always feel wrong if you don't get your FFB right. feel free to pm me if you need help. And forums have PLENTY of it as well.

this extension was precisely for that. "Glue" everything together so it makes sense and you can just click'n'drive and obviously bug fixing (it IS software :D )

16. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I don't get why, with so few sims (currently they can be counted with a single hand: IRacing, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars), there is such a negativity towards any of them.
    I'm luck enough to own all of them and although there are things that I do prefer in one rather then the other, all have some very strong points.
    What I find even more surprising is that when I go to each of the forums I always find posts and topics trying to bash and discredit any other of the sims.

Quite frankly I lack to see the point or interest in such debate if not done in a positive and genuine critical assessments of what is good and what can be done better, rather then just throwing completely nonsense to the forums.
    That said, I trully enjoy both pCars and AC and don't see how and why is pCars lesser than AC, or the other way around.

With pCars in particularly there are ups and downs while developing progresses but that doesn't have nothing to do with lack of purpose or direction.
    Often there are some changes made that turn off some of the things that are working. Recently that happened with pCars ffb due to putting the ffb tweak inside UI and car setup.
    Other examples can be found, but that is not saying they don't know what they're doing or this kind of changes aren't thought of.

AC also has quite a few knots to untie, after all it is still a RC version. pCars is still in alpha stage, plus pCars have a much wider roster of cars and tracks which, obviously, requires that all of them be fine tuned and tweaked before a RC versions can be spoken off.

Take note of Stafano Casillo words about the relation between sims developers in his recent interview and you'll see there isn't much point in targeting the other sims.

Ischemica and Dean Ogurek like this.
  17. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

A double edged sword for Kunos really.

A lot of gamers are going to be disappointed by the delay, and given their programmed need for endless new content, will be looking at A.C to fill that need.

More cash for Kunos, which is great.
    But also means a lot of users for whom this will be their first Sim, looking for all those arcade features they are used to in other games.
    You only have to look around the forum to see how true that is.

Hard balance to strike - as obviously you want to welcome in those new players, but do so without alienating the sim community you originally aimed the game at.

But yes, I'm pretty sure the only sim-wars are purely user generated. Have almost never seen a dev badmouthing another devs products.
    It's always the gamers themselves who KNOW what a real F1 car drives like. :p

Dean Ogurek and atchoo like this.
  18. Rui Santos

Well, i think it's offensive to put iRacing, rFactor2 and Assetto Corsa in the same bag as pCARS, ok, i agree it's good for all people to have lots of "games" but some are more for arcade racers and others for more hardcore real racing fans. I don't blame you for loving pCARS, but don't say please that it's a true simulator, those physics... arghhh!

TheBestBeast likes this.
  19. I have to agree with Rui on this one. If you are going to put pcars in that group then you might as well put GT and Forza there too. Fun driving/racing games for sure, but not realistic sims. (Personally I wouldn't put iracing in that group either; where forza is purposely easier than real life, I feel that iracing is purposely harder and that its driving experience isn't any closer to reality than Forza's)

Darren Ankney and Rui Santos like this.
  20. Rui Santos

I also agree with this too...

Darren Ankney and TheBestBeast like this.